Sponsored

My No Drill Front License Plate Bracket

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I actually screwed up and didn't stick on far enough back so now like 1/5 of it is off the bumper, but that damn tape is so freaking strong that I couldn't pull it back off after only having it on for 2 seconds.
IMG_9917.JPG
IMG_9918.JPG
IMG_9919.jpg
Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wait...you fuck POGS? dude...gross.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
I actually screwed up and didn't stick on far enough back so now like 1/5 of it is off the bumper, but that damn tape is so freaking strong that I couldn't pull it back off after only having it on for 2 seconds.
Nice Selfie!

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Is it the sto/show bracket? Did you just tape it to the bottom of the bumper? I was considering something like that but didn't think it would hold so I am planning on making my own bracket to attach to the bumper support.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert

Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
One of my neighbors left this outside my door today. I didn't even notice my front plate was missing today. From the look and feel of it, it seems like it lost adhesion. I remember prepping the surface as instructed.
IMG_0753.JPG

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
One of my neighbors left this outside my door today. I didn't even notice my front plate was missing today. From the look and feel of it, it seems like it lost adhesion. I remember prepping the surface as instructed.
The problem with relying on 3M tape alone. I've had zero issues with my Sto n Sho. Install was easy and I would recommend it to any mustang owner.

TORQJNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
I remember prepping the surface as instructed.
1. You said in your very first post on this thread, almost 1.5 years ago, that you left 1/5 of it off the bumper. Prepping the surface as instructed is fine, but you effectively reduced the contact surface of the 3M tape by 20%.

2. In your very first post as well, your picture show you using a metal license plate frame when the install instructions say, "WARNING: NOT FOR USE with metal style license plate frames. Plastic, painted plastic or chromed plastic are ok."

3. Did you try contacting ccmustangbrackets to give them an opportunity to work with you and correct the issue before posting on the forum? They've been known to send a replacement mounting base out to customers even when the customer doesn't follow the install instructions appropriately.

I'll bet if you call or email ccmustangbrackets and explain your situation, Craig will take care of you. :cheers:

stevelp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT PP
My tape failed too, though it was cold out when I first applied the tape. I reapplied new tape but used it as a spacer to keep the bracket damaging the paint and installed threads behind the bumper and drilled through the bumper and bracket. I also used those screw threads to hold the plate to the license to the bracket to prevent the screws from rubbing against the bumper. Getting the bumper off isn't hard, and unless you lowered you car especially low its possible to remove the bumper without lifting the front end. Since the holes are under the bumper it's not to much of an eye sore. It's now solid and no need to worry about it falling off on the highway.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
1. You said in your very first post on this thread, almost 1.5 years ago, that you left 1/5 of it off the bumper. Prepping the surface as instructed is fine, but you effectively reduced the contact surface of the 3M tape by 20%.

2. In your very first post as well, your picture show you using a metal license plate frame when the install instructions say, "WARNING: NOT FOR USE with metal style license plate frames. Plastic, painted plastic or chromed plastic are ok."

3. Did you try contacting ccmustangbrackets to give them an opportunity to work with you and correct the issue before posting on the forum? They've been known to send a replacement mounting base out to customers even when the customer doesn't follow the install instructions appropriately.

I'll bet if you call or email ccmustangbrackets and explain your situation, Craig will take care of you. :cheers:
You're right, I'm going to have to contact him
Sponsored