Pedal Setup - Heal / Toe

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
You can just remove them and put the rubber oem pedal covers back on.
Not on the gas pedal, the steeda aluminum pedal is screwed into the stock gas pedal which seems to be plastic
Sponsored

Sponsored

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I've been driving manuals for ever but I never bothered learning to rev match on downshifts. Now I want to learn but the gas pedal is too far away. I have been practicing while coasting so that I don't have to use the brake pedal just to learn the rpm's but I want to do it right.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The washer trick is good for a few 10ths of an inch.

Just installed the Steeda part. It looks huge in the car. I did use a couple thin washers to try to make up space since its thinner than the stock metal/plastic cover, just trying to match the height relationship of the stock pedals.

The gas pedal is _supposed_ to be below the brake pedal, not at the same height, so you don't push the brake and gas together and surge the engine as you start to brake. When heel toeing in anger, you're on the brake hard enough to depress it down farther and both pedals become more aligned. I can see how this would not feel as good just practicing rev matches, but ya could be dangerous to have them that close to flush.

Heel toeing on the 'stang is primarily hard due to the 2" of lateral space between the brake and gas pedal edges. I think factory depth is actually better for spirited driving.

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
I've been driving manuals for ever but I never bothered learning to rev match on downshifts. Now I want to learn but the gas pedal is too far away. I have been practicing while coasting so that I don't have to use the brake pedal just to learn the rpm's but I want to do it right.
The stock location of the gas pedal should be fine for the purpose of double clutch, as it does not involve the brake pedal.

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
That is certainly is a nice piece, but a little on the pricey side for a spacer....I spend a buck and a half for 3 nylon spacers that accomplished the same effect. If it was $25 I'd buy one
LiCobra, I think I'd ask here. How sturdy are the nylon spacers in your mustang? I assume they are fat/sturdy spacers. Thanks.

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I just ordered the parts to do this on my car. While I have pretty big feet (13E) I can't heel/toe; I just can't swing my ankle that far! I can blip the throttle with the side of my foot while braking, but this requires "just so" positioning on the brake pedal.

Hopefully the new throttle pedal cover will ameliorate this!

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
LiCobra, I think I'd ask here. How sturdy are the nylon spacers in your mustang? I assume they are fat/sturdy spacers. Thanks.
I got them at ACE hardware and there plenty strong enough to do the job, they have been in there for several months with no issues...I don't think I have any spares, but if I do I'll post a pic for you

wbrownie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Just added 3/8 plastic spacers purchased from the Depot. Makes a huge difference in being able to heel toe. Cost me $2.00 and about 20 minutes.

I'll still be mounting the steeda pedal at some point.

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Just added 3/8 plastic spacers purchased from the Depot. Makes a huge difference in being able to heel toe. Cost me $2.00 and about 20 minutes.

I'll still be mounting the steeda pedal at some point.
Yes, spacers from stores should do the trick. Or maybe one can cut a piece of plastic/metal/wood of proper thickness into proper size and drill 3 holes per factory spec.
Sponsored