Sponsored

Took Delivery (finally) - Remote Control Question

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
I finally picked up my car today. Plenty of members have posted very thorough reviews/first impressions, so I won't bother repeating much of the praise. I will just say that: 1) the car is gorgeous inside and out, and 2) Magnetic looks even better than I thought.

But I did have a quick question - I haven't gotten a chance to play around with her too much yet, but noticed that when I lock the doors with the remote the horn beeps twice. Is this normal with the S550?? With my previous Stang, two beeps indicated a door or the trunk was open. :help:
Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Not sure.

Not really related other than the 2 honks - I know on my wife's edge if the keys leave the vehicle while it is running, it honks twice. It annoys me to no end. I could not see an obvious way to disable this, you must be able to. Will have to dig a little deeper.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
The only time mine has honked is if 1) left fob inside or 2) left ignition on and walked away with fob in pocket or 3) left it running and walked away with fob in pocket.

OP
OP
Farmundeh

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
The only time mine has honked is if 1) left fob inside or 2) left ignition on and walked away with fob in pocket or 3) left it running and walked away with fob in pocket.
Do you press "lock" once or twice? I'm pressing it twice.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
If the horn beeps twice something (door, hood, trunk) was left open. At least that is the only time I've had it beep twice.

Sponsored

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I'm pretty sure my '12 would do that if you pressed lock twice. Can't confirm now because it's gone...

brookdo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang V6 Race Red
Just rented a 2014 for the weekend. When pressing the lock on the key fob twice it honked twice. I noticed it because I thought pressing it once would make it honk once and then twice would make it honk twice. I just thought that is what it did.

OP
OP
Farmundeh

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Thanks everyone. I tried it again and it honked only once after pressing it twice. However the lights still flash twice, which is also different than how it worked with my '12.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
First time - lights flash.

Second time - one (loud) honk.
That's right, 89Trooper! :thumbsup:

If the horn beeps twice something (door, hood, trunk) was left open. At least that is the only time I've had it beep twice.
It should actually be the opposite, Colleton. Have you verified that something was left open when it beeped twice?

I finally picked up my car today. Plenty of members have posted very thorough reviews/first impressions, so I won't bother repeating much of the praise. I will just say that: 1) the car is gorgeous inside and out, and 2) Magnetic looks even better than I thought.

But I did have a quick question - I haven't gotten a chance to play around with her too much yet, but noticed that when I lock the doors with the remote the horn beeps twice. Is this normal with the S550?? With my previous Stang, two beeps indicated a door or the trunk was open. :help:
Congratulations, Farmundeh!!! Have you posted :coolphotos: yet?

According to p. 56 of your Owner's Manual, when you press the button once, the direction indicators flash. When you press it again within 3 seconds, the doors lock again, the horn sounds, and the direction indicators flash to confirm that the all the doors are closed.

Rachel

Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
It should actually be the opposite, Colleton. Have you verified that something was left open when it beeped twice?
Yes, I just verified it by popping the trunk open and then double clicking the remote to lock it. I got a quick double beep. If I double click the remote with everything closed I get a single beep.

This is the same as the S197. I think all current Fords do this. It double beeps to let you know you left something open: door, hood or trunk.

EDIT: It will also double beep if you get out of the car with the fob in your pocket and close the door with the engine running. Found that out this morning when I got out to close the garage door, which was being stubborn and refusing to close on it's own.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Do you press "lock" once or twice? I'm pressing it twice.
Once will do it. Or, a tap on the grooves on the top of the door handle will do the same thing and you don't have to get the fob out of your pocket.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes, I just verified it by popping the trunk open and then double clicking the remote to lock it. I got a quick double beep. If I double click the remote with everything closed I get a single beep.

This is the same as the S197. I think all current Fords do this. It double beeps to let you know you left something open: door, hood or trunk.

EDIT: It will also double beep if you get out of the car with the fob in your pocket and close the door with the engine running. Found that out this morning when I got out to close the garage door, which was being stubborn and refusing to close on it's own.
You're right, Colleton. My apologies; I think I was missing the "twice" part, even though I obviously typed it. :eek:

Thanks for the clarification!!! :headbonk:

Rachel

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Can the audible beeps be shut off?
I prefer to have the lights confirm locking. It drives me crazy with cars in a parking lot chirping away. Also, how would you like to be sleeping with your windows open when your neighbor arrives home late, locks the doors, and the car beeps across the neighborhood. My sister no longer likes to go camping in her Subaru Outback. The 'remote locking' horn is so loud that it can be heard a thousand feet away. There is no way to shut it off. She never uses the remote to lock it.

steve1107

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 50AP
Why use the fob when all you need to to lock is touch the outside of the door handle. I always leave my fob in my pocket.
Sponsored