Sponsored

655whp, prototype bushing kit, drag radials = no wheel hop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Supercharged 2015 Mustang Launch Testing: [ame]

No hop whatsoever.. This is with our prototype delrin bushings in the rear subframe, on nitto 555r's. Can't wait to get it out on the drag strip!
Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Supercharged 2015 Mustang Launch Testing:

No hop whatsoever.. This is with our prototype delrin bushings in the rear subframe, on nitto 555r's. Can't wait to get it out on the drag strip!
Can't wait to watch and good work in the KB.

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
I'm looking at replacing all my IRS bushing like I did on my 04 cobra. I went with the fulltiltboogie kit but haven't heard anything else if they are develop a kit or not. Needing more options to stop the hop.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Were the half shafts upgraded? Thanks for any info!

Sponsored

jaja6009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No s550 yet :(
Im highly disappointed that this car has wheel hop. My 05 GT and the later S197s all had wheel hop making LCA, and UCA a must if you drag raced. You would think that this time around they would of made sure you dont have to spend coin to do basic drag launches.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm looking at replacing all my IRS bushing like I did on my 04 cobra. I went with the fulltiltboogie kit but haven't heard anything else if they are develop a kit or not. Needing more options to stop the hop.
We'll probably sell a full kit at some point. I know that Kelly over at BMR is also working on one. They'll probably be ready before we are. Give them a shout!

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Were the half shafts upgraded? Thanks for any info!
Stock Performance Package axles.. 35 spline inners, and 32 spline outers. I honestly don't think it'll be an issue. These things are pretty solid from the factory.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Im highly disappointed that this car has wheel hop. My 05 GT and the later S197s all had wheel hop making LCA, and UCA a must if you drag raced. You would think that this time around they would of made sure you dont have to spend coin to do basic drag launches.
Honestly, this thing hops way less than my S197 did.. My 2011 was violent. This thing didn't hop nearly as much on stock tires, and with a few minor bushing inserts, it doesn't hop at all on drag radials.

They have to strike a balance between keeping NVH to a certain level, and trying to stop the hop. It's a big challenge for any engineer.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Honestly, this thing hops way less than my S197 did.. My 2011 was violent. This thing didn't hop nearly as much on stock tires, and with a few minor bushing inserts, it doesn't hop at all on drag radials.

They have to strike a balance between keeping NVH to a certain level, and trying to stop the hop. It's a big challenge for any engineer.

This is good to hear!!

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
So many on this forum struggle with this fact.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
So many on this forum struggle with this fact.
No doubt and after test driving an S550 I can see where ford is headed - volume sales for daily drivers and a great platform for enthusiast to build on. Nice to hear wheel hop is minimal or non existent with just bushing replacements.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Awesome stuff Travis.

Great work, and thanks for digging into these cars and sharing everything you are doing. It is great to have people in the community that care.

And yes, we will have a very in depth suspension/chassis offering for these cars. We are fortunate to be ahead of the game in the IRS world (compared to most Mustang Suspension manufacturers)

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Awesome stuff Travis.

Great work, and thanks for digging into these cars and sharing everything you are doing. It is great to have people in the community that care.

And yes, we will have a very in depth suspension/chassis offering for these cars. We are fortunate to be ahead of the game in the IRS world (compared to most Mustang Suspension manufacturers)

Absolutely.. We look forward to working with you guys in the near future. We have big HP plans for our 2015. :)

jaja6009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No s550 yet :(

Wheel hop can be very damaging if you dont get outta it when it hits.

I guess I have to add the bushing kit to my build now. Wheel hop on my 05 GT knocked the weights off the rear tires making them out of balance and also knocked my driveshaft outta balance. Wheels were a cheap easy fix but an aftermarket driveshaft from Dynotech was ultra expensive.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.