zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
A little background on the car.

Picked up a Guard 15 V6 on 10/8 from Upper Marlboro Ford here in Maryland. The process was great, they gave me exactly what I wanted in trade for my 2010 4.0L and accepted X-Plan for the car! Guard looks amazing in person... First time seeing the color and I am telling you I don't think I will ever get tired of it! The car is an 051A V6 with no other options and the 3.15 gear ratio.

One thing to note: As others have said, the AC has a terrible burnt plastic smell when it is first turned on... After the 20 min drive to class with the windows down and ac on the smell was pretty much gone. Easy Fix!

Ride: Similar to my 2010 in terms of comfort. Absorbs bumps well and overall has a nice feel. What is improved over my 2010 is body roll. This thing stays flat around the corners (relatively speaking) unlike my 2010. The MAJOR improvement comes in just how quiet the interior is compared to the 2010. I think this is fantastic for extended drives and road trips.

Exhaust: Very aggressive during acceleration as heard in the videos. Now that I have over 400 miles on the car the exhaust is actually starting to get a bit louder. It's not quite as loud as I would prefer it to be but it definitely is better then when it had 25 miles on it. I am definitely looking forward to hearing some aftermarket setups! I will hopefully be adding some axle backs by years end.

Power: That new intake manifold definitely helps low end torque! Some still might find it lacking below 2500RPM but for me coming from a 4.0L it is night and day! Definitely will have to control that right foot more.... Passing is just so much fun now... Acceleration under WOT is great. I feel that it is actually better then a performance pack 14 I drove a few weeks ago. From stop it sometimes has an occasional lag (nothing major by any stretch) which plays into its throttle response. Throttle response is good.... Defiantly could be much better which a tune should help with. Now that it is broken in I have been a-little bit more aggressive in my driving habits and the engine does not disappoint. 0-60 as calculated by track apps (picture can be found here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/v6-performancei-4355.html) 2k launch, traction control on, transmission in sport mode, 6.1 seconds... Keep in mind that this was on 87 octane. Overall the car has very smooth power delivery and is very fun to drive for a daily driver.

Transmission: In normal Drive it shifts well and relatively quick. As you would expect though it is actively trying to seek out that 6th gear overdrive. Shift into Sport mode however and you feel like you have a completely different trans! Shifts and quick and precise and it holds gears for a lot longer. I only have messed with the paddles twice but from that I can tell you that there is virtually no delay from the time you press + or - to when the transmission shifts.

Fuel economy: First tank: 24.2 mpg. Keep in mind this is with about 10% city 90% country backroads/highway driving with about 2hrs DC beltway traffic thrown in there for good measure... I can already tell that this next tank should be about 25 mpg or higher. Will keep you guys updated!

Radio: For a base radio this thing is fantastic! Nice and crisp and great mid range. Bass is there! Though for some it might not be enough. On higher power sound systems I usually have the base turned to low but on with this one I have it almost maxed out. There are settings to change treble, Bass, and mid as well as you usual speed compensated volume, balance, and fade. Playing music over bluetooth finally displays the full song and information. Something that was lacking in the previous sync system. The system can blow your ear drums out if you max out the volume! In my 2010 I had a 500 watt amp with upgraded speakers all around. This shaker system in the 2015 blows that setup out of the water in terms of sound and volume.

Interior: I'm not gonna say much here as it has been covered extensively by others. Seats are great! I thought I would be dying to change that plastic dash to some aluminum but I am actually liking everything about the interior of the six! Pictures don't do the interior justice.... The seats usually have a grayish tint to them in pictures... I can assure you that they are completely black and very sharp looking. While the dash is plastic and sounds like plastic when I tap on it I would classify as that expensive premium plastic feel rather then the cheap knockoff feel. By no way does anything in this interior scream cheap to me. I have a few up close high detailed pictures of the interior here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/051a-v6-guard-4371.html

Systems: STEERING WHEEL FEEL DOES NOT RESET AFTER THE CAR IS TURNED OFF! This was a very pleasant surprise to me as I thought after the car was turned off the feel would reset... The other big question that has been asked... YES the V6 has track apps! Pictures below to prove it. The normal gauge mode that comes with track apps is present as well. AF ratio, oil pressure, cylinder head temp, etc... It is all there.

Overall I am loving the car! Please I anyone has any questions or want me to touch any other areas please feel free to ask!

Comparison of my 15 V6 to a 14 Performance Pack in post #145: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=124317&postcount=145

PICS AND VIDEOS

UPDATE: Added an exterior exhaust rev video.

Note: Listen with headphones!

Video 1: Interior Exhaust Rev

[ame]

Video 2: Exterior Exhaust Idle

[ame]

Video 3: Exterior Exhaust Rev

[ame]

Video 4: Interior Acceleration

[ame]
IMG_0076.jpg
IMG_0083.jpg
IMG_0079.jpg
IMG_0081.jpg
IMG_0087.jpg
IMG_0089.jpg
IMG_0090.jpg
IMG_0103.jpg
IMG_0109.jpg
IMG_0110.jpg
IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0113.jpg
IMG_0114.jpg
IMG_0116.jpg
IMG_0117.jpg
IMG_0119.jpg
Sponsored

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for rubbing it in.. but very nice :thumbsup:, I hope to get one some day.

Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Thanks for rubbing it in.. but very nice, I hope to get one some day.
Get in line, I'll be lucky if I get it before January.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Congrats, that guard certainly looks pretty slick, I'm sure it's even better in person.:coolphotos:

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Congratulations!! Looks sweet!

And I swear all college buildings look the same.. At fist I thought you were at UNCC XP

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Nice ... exactly what I'll likely be ordering in the Spring of 2015 or 2016. That is unless the EB proves to be worth the additional $480.00 in invoice cost.

Is it an auto or manual ??

Doug

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Nice ... exactly what I'll likely be ordering in the Spring of 2015 or 2016. That is unless the EB proves to be worth the additional $480.00 in invoice cost.

Is it an auto or manual ??

Doug
It is an auto as it will be my new daily driver.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Another interesting thing to note... This car was built a few days before OKTB.
Screen%20Shot%202014-10-06%20at%208.49.19%20PM.jpg

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
Congrats. :thumbsup:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Another interesting thing to note... This car was built a few days before OKTB.
Very nice...and the timing of everything was impeccable. Enjoy!

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Nice. Thanks for sharing. Waiting for more to come.
Sponsored