Sponsored

Steeda S550 Adjustable Rear Toe Links (2015 All) - Now Available!

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Hi everyone,

Some of you may have seen our IRS display at NMRA which included our Steeda S550 adjustable rear toe links - we wanted to let you know these are now available!

Our Steeda adjustable toe links will improve the handling characteristics in addition to the S550's overall handling response, making the car feel more connected and balanced - therefore making it easier to control.

Whether you daily drive your Mustang in a spirited fashion or you are an auto-cross or road course enthusiast, our rear toe links are a must-have and feature over 1-inch of adjustment, making them perfect for street or race use, giving you precise toe alignment for your driving objective.

Our adjustable toe links are TIG-welded and powdercoated for long-lasting protection and designed to allow for adjustments to be made with the part installed on the car - you do not have to remove this part for toe adjustment!

Key Product Benefits:
- On-car adjustability
- Perfect for lowered cars - provides ultimate toe adjustability
- Large degree of toe adjustment, great for aggressive driving
- No increase in NVH
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in the USA using high-grade materials

A few of you have already coordinated with me and ordered these, so I'll make sure they are shipped out asap! Happy modding!

Product Photos:
steeda-s550-mustang-adjustable-rear-toe-link-2015-all-555-4120-0.jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-adjustable-rear-toe-link-2015-all-555-4120-1.jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-adjustable-rear-toe-link-2015-all-555-4120-2.jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-adjustable-rear-toe-link-2015-all-555-4120-3-6.jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-adjustable-rear-toe-link-2015-all-555-4120-4.jpg
Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Great part....

Another great Part from Steeda........ David, you guy are making me SPEND my KIDS Inheritance..... HA! You guys are great, and thanks you..... :thumbsup: John

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Another great Part from Steeda........ David, you guy are making me SPEND my KIDS Inheritance..... HA! You guys are great, and thanks you..... :thumbsup: John
:D Haha! I'll tell manufacturing to slow it down a bit!

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Beautiful part, but I really think that you have to pick up additional noise going to a solid bushing. Not an issue for serious handling guys, but daily use... ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Beautiful part, but I really think that you have to pick up additional noise going to a solid bushing. Not an issue for serious handling guys, but daily use... ?
Daily use will be fine, we’ve been personally driving our 2015 with these parts installed for months and we're happy to report zero noise whatsoever - even with our subframe bushing inserts! There is no increase in NVH with these parts, period. With the S550’s new IRS you can add solid ends and not have to worry about noise like you previously had to with a solid axle. It’s one of the many benefits of the new IRS.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I just ordered a set. Threaded rear toe adjustment is huge. No slip/slop when tightening like the factory parts.

Can't wait to install mine and do an alignment.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I started looking at this some more.

Do these completely eliminate the factory eccentric bolt for toe adjustment?

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I started looking at this some more.

Do these completely eliminate the factory eccentric bolt for toe adjustment?
You reuse the factory eccentric bolts although included in the kit are blocking plates that you install within the cams of the bolt.

Sponsored

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
You reuse the factory eccentric bolts although included in the kit are blocking plates that you install within the cams of the bolt.

[MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] could you elaborate on this a little more please. The instructions didn't specify where they go.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
[MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] could you elaborate on this a little more please. The instructions didn't specify where they go.
You can use the factory bolt and cam washer (option 1 in the instructions) or use the Steeda bolt and lock out plates (option 2).

Here you go, right from the instructions:

5. Option 1: Measure center to center of the factory toe link and record. Note: There could be a slight variation from one side to the other, so be sure to work with one side at a time, or record which side you are working on. It is also helpful to lay the original toe link down next to the Steeda toe link to get their lengths close. The jam nuts can be tightened easier once the toe links are installed.

6. Install the Steeda adjustable toe link, in the same orientation as the stock link. Install so the gusset is facing downward at the knuckle end. Start both bolts by hand. Place the provided 14mm lock nut onto the factory bolt installed in the knuckle end of the toe link.

7. Place the stock cam washers and bolt into the subframe mount, and position the cam in the same position that was marked in step 3.

8. Option 2: Using Steeda’s lockout plates, install them so the hole is located towards the center of the car. Using the supplied 14mm bolts and locking nuts, install lockout plates on both sides (2 per side) mounted all the way to the inside of the sub frame. See figure 3. If this option is used, approximately ¼” of length will need to be added to the toe links.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
You can use the factory bolt and cam washer (option 1 in the instructions) or use the Steeda bolt and lock out plates (option 2).

Here you go, right from the instructions:

5. Option 1: Measure center to center of the factory toe link and record. Note: There could be a slight variation from one side to the other, so be sure to work with one side at a time, or record which side you are working on. It is also helpful to lay the original toe link down next to the Steeda toe link to get their lengths close. The jam nuts can be tightened easier once the toe links are installed.

6. Install the Steeda adjustable toe link, in the same orientation as the stock link. Install so the gusset is facing downward at the knuckle end. Start both bolts by hand. Place the provided 14mm lock nut onto the factory bolt installed in the knuckle end of the toe link.

7. Place the stock cam washers and bolt into the subframe mount, and position the cam in the same position that was marked in step 3.

8. Option 2: Using Steeda’s lockout plates, install them so the hole is located towards the center of the car. Using the supplied 14mm bolts and locking nuts, install lockout plates on both sides (2 per side) mounted all the way to the inside of the sub frame. See figure 3. If this option is used, approximately ¼” of length will need to be added to the toe links.
I have those instructions, and maybe I am just having an extreme brain fart, or a massive reading comprehension deficit right now, but I don't see anything about having to use the lock out plates with the factory eccentric bolts as you mentioned right here.

This what you just said right here is exactly what Frank told me over the phone. Both of which are not in the instructions. Also, the video I watched on CJ pony parts did not use these lockout plates.

[ame]

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I have those instructions, and maybe I am just having an extreme brain fart, or a massive reading comprehension deficit right now, but I don't see anything about having to use the lock out plates with the factory eccentric bolts as you mentioned right here.

This what you just said right here is exactly what Frank told me over the phone. Both of which are not in the instructions. Also, the video I watched on CJ pony parts did not use these lockout plates.

These are the instructions I am going off of... http://www.steeda.com/index.php?dispatch=attachments.getfile&attachment_id=475

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
[MENTION=17026]Digital_Synapse[/MENTION] While instructional installation videos can be a great help, they aren't always all-encompassing. That's why reaching out to us directly (which you've done) will ensure you receive accurate info and any installation assistance.
Sponsored