Sponsored

Count Down to Detroit Auto Show 2017!!

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
He was saying that if Ford builds one, he is buying one, not Ford will only sell one.
If SA does it then it might be close to 1... :lol: I wouldn't let mine go for one that's for sure.
Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
It's probably just SA dressing up a 2018 Mustang GT and adding $40K to the price....
If there is a real GT500 it will come from Ford/SVT and probably carry a much lower price tag.
I'm guessing that's a pretty accurate assessment. But I suppose it's possible that it could be a joint project from shelby and ford right? Isn't that how it all started

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
I'm guessing that's a pretty accurate assessment. But I suppose it's possible that it could be a joint project from shelby and ford right? Isn't that how it all started
That would be awesome as long as was somewhat affordable. I'm a huge Shelby/Ford fan but it seems lately Shelby is more into rebranding products with their name and charging almost unrealistic prices once they dress up something in those rebranded parts. Hell I'd be ok it came out as an SVT Cobra like someone else mentioned.....hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer to know.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
That would be awesome as long as was somewhat affordable. I'm a huge Shelby/Ford fan but it seems lately Shelby is more into rebranding products with their name and charging almost unrealistic prices once they dress up something in those rebranded parts. Hell I'd be ok it came out as an SVT Cobra like someone else mentioned.....hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer to know.
I know, I looked at the super snake but when you see how much extra they want for what is a essentially a moddified car, with power that is achievable for significantly less its hard to justify.

HCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
I'm a huge Shelby/Ford fan but it seems lately Shelby is more into rebranding products with their name and charging almost unrealistic prices once they dress up something in those rebranded parts.
Shelby is just a pale ghost of its former self. It exists purely because of its famous name. Back in its heyday it was creating exciting, competitive race cars and street versions of those cars. Nowadays it creates overpriced poorly developed tuner cars. You can absolutely get more for your money elsewhere.

It would be one thing if the shop was pricey but had an excellent reputation for quality product, like Dinan does for BMWs. But every time Shelby gives one of their overpriced Mustangs to a car magazine to review, there are severe issues that make it look like it was done by an inexperienced local speed shop. I'd bet money Ford has more engineers working on Mustang drive shafts than Shelby American has in their entire company.

It's really almost a shame that Ford licensed the Shelby name for its in-house cars because it causes confusion in the car enthusiast world. Ford's Shelby products are world beaters. Shelby American's products are overpriced mediocrity.
Sponsored