OP
OP
astolt12

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
I just got a call back from Wade Ford and have never felt more taken advantage of in my life.

Their service manager deemed it normal as another mustang exhibited the same sound and i guess the customer just accepted it. Thats their rationale. This is completely unacceptable in my books. A car with a tick like that at 2500 miles is not normal.

They informed me they were able to successfully replicate the sound. Sounds dismissive to me and unwilling to look into the issue.

Ford, get your ish together and help your paying customers. This is completely unacceptable and drives clientele away. Some F bombs are going to be flying in T minus 3 hours at Wade Ford. Come for the show everyone.
Sponsored

Beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Guard Metallic MT
I just got a call back from Wade Ford and have never felt more taken advantage of in my life.

Their service manager deemed it normal as another mustang exhibited the same sound and i guess the customer just accepted it. Thats their rationale. This is completely unacceptable in my books. A car with a tick like that at 2500 miles is not normal.

They informed me they were able to successfully replicate the sound. Sounds dismissive to me and unwilling to look into the issue.

Ford, get your ish together and help your paying customers. This is completely unacceptable and drives clientele away. Some F bombs are going to be flying in T minus 3 hours at Wade Ford. Come for the show everyone.

Make sure you are near the showroom and get louder with each sentence if needed.

It works :thumbsup:

OP
OP
astolt12

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Make sure you are near the showroom and get louder with each sentence if needed.

It works :thumbsup:
I was asked to leave after about 15 minutes of conversation behind closed doors.

Their efforts put forth could not be described other than they spent 5 hours of their time investigating it, driving it and looking at it; and thus deemed it characteristic of the 5.0 even though they admittedly heard the sound I deemed abnormal. I asked them to take a 5.0 on the lot around the block and park it next to mine to compare sounds - which was denied. . They stated another customer's 5.0 came in with a similar sound before and after replacing a slew of parts they still did not fix the problem. Therefor, it is "characteristic of the 5.0."

What absolutely sets me off now though is that I have picked up another weird sound at pickup that sounded like an exhaust leak. I havent been able to hear it since brining it home but it was significantly different than the tick and the constant sound of the lifters - more of an air sound.

I am going to give it one more shot by going back to the place i bought it about 70 miles away and let them have it for a week. If they cannot drive a solution, what steps do I need to start taking to have Ford buy this back?

Need help in that department.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
There's a tsb on the exhaust leak for the 5.0 that might apply to you

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Wow...that is just ass-backwards.

Makes one super paranoid about doing the first oil change. Even if it's the dealer. *SMH* :tsk:

I think Ford knows that the non-selling dealer will blow a customer off giving you no choice but to go back to your selling dealer. Inconvenience again.

OP
OP
astolt12

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Wow...that is just ass-backwards.

Makes one super paranoid about doing the first oil change. Even if it's the dealer. *SMH* :tsk:

I think Ford knows that the non-selling dealer will blow a customer off giving you no choice but to go back to your selling dealer. Inconvenience again.
I was paranoid as well, and thats why I ensured that I had the dealer do it thinking it would atleast take any "error" i might have done when changing the oil, so I spent the extra 40 bucks to have them do it.

I think I am just a statistic, and I dont think it will necessarily happen to you but I recommend getting the service manager or someone you trust document that there was NO tick prior to your oil change. If it unfortunately does happen then at least you have that leverage.

I read some old TSBs on the 2011-2014 mustangs that started this problem with the 5.0 engine and they have callouts for adding components to the serpentine belt (tensioner pulley and one other thing) and also this ford additive "XL-17." The theory on that is that there is a lack of zinc in Ford's motorcraft oil - and this might causing the chatter.

Would much rather have been told "we dont know:shrug:" than it's characteristic of a 5.0.

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
I was paranoid as well, and thats why I ensured that I had the dealer do it thinking it would atleast take any "error" i might have done when changing the oil, so I spent the extra 40 bucks to have them do it.

I think I am just a statistic, and I dont think it will necessarily happen to you but I recommend getting the service manager or someone you trust document that there was NO tick prior to your oil change. If it unfortunately does happen then at least you have that leverage.

I read some old TSBs on the 2011-2014 mustangs that started this problem with the 5.0 engine and they have callouts for adding components to the serpentine belt (tensioner pulley and one other thing) and also this ford additive "XL-17." The theory on that is that there is a lack of zinc in Ford's motorcraft oil - and this might causing the chatter.

Would much rather have been told "we dont know:shrug:" than it's characteristic of a 5.0.

"They don't know" is not a diagnostic they can let the car leave the dealer/service with. Now, "normal" or "characteristic of" is acceptable because they've done their job at that point, right? I just laugh these things off at this point, try another dealership man, hopefully you find a competent service department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
But I keep reading that the factory fill is the same 5w-20 synthetic blend oil that you would bet in the Motorcraft bottles at the dealer.

So here's a question. Most dealerships use "bulk oil" out of a big 55 gal drum. Is that oil really the same Motorcraft 5w-20 synthetic blend, or some other stuff?

I bought the Motorcraft 5w-20 in 1 qt bottles from the dealer, and that is the exact p/n and spec called out in the owner's manual. Won't be doing the first oil change for awhile, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Ruby, if i am wrong on this i apologize, you were using an aftermarket filter and oil prior to the ticking noises from your motor correct? And that switching to Motorcrap stuff would maybe solved the problem?

Sponsored

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Ruby, if i am wrong on this i apologize, you were using an aftermarket filter and oil prior to the ticking noises from your motor correct? And that switching to Motorcrap stuff would maybe solved the problem?

After the first oil change, about 300 miles after I started hearing a faint tick. I checked the oil every week and it was full, for the most part. It dropped about a quart the next 2500 miles. They changed the oil with motorcraft full synthetic and it didn't improve anything, actually got worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Ruby305GT's issue was scored cylinders, which I doubt was caused by the oil or filter used. Looks more like some debris got ingested into the intake system somehow, or maybe IF these engines have oil squirters, the squirters on those two cylinders aren't doing their job right.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21895

OP
OP
astolt12

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
I just got a call from the 3rd dealer who is willing to step up to the plate. They called and said they agree there is a problem and have engaged ford into solving the problem...something I feel the other dealership did not even do.

I'm just glad these guys are willing to step up to the plate and solve the problem.

OP
OP
astolt12

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
After a week of work on the car they too deemed it normal. The noise has subsided compared to the original video but it still has the tick seen in my second video.

The car now will forever have a tick according to ford. To help with remedying my $40k heartache they offered up an ESP warranty plan, complimentary to make me feel better.

I need help from this crew on what to do next. If I sell it I will take a big loss, but it doesn't quite qualify for a lemon in GA apparently because all dealers deemed it normal...

To me, this is unacceptable but ford just locked up all routes and I do not have Warren Buffett money to get another one.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
After a week of work on the car they too deemed it normal. The noise has subsided compared to the original video but it still has the tick seen in my second video.

The car now will forever have a tick according to ford. To help with remedying my $40k heartache they offered up an ESP warranty plan, complimentary to make me feel better.

I need help from this crew on what to do next. If I sell it I will take a big loss, but it doesn't quite qualify for a lemon in GA apparently because all dealers deemed it normal...

To me, this is unacceptable but ford just locked up all routes and I do not have Warren Buffett money to get another one.

Mediation is your next step if you feel car is still broke.

And yeah I'm at 7 month from build (yeah today's a birthday for her) 2,400 miles and now sacred to put more miles on it and have to change the oil.

I was going to change it myself as really my last two dealer oil changes have been botched. Options and what to do?
Sponsored