1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
These 5.0s arent just cars, its a life style.

Welcome to the club :paddle:
Sponsored

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
This behavior was even more annoying when you're tooling around in a '06 Pony Package Mustang...all show and no go!
Fancy seeing another '06 pony package member on a S550 forum :p

On topic though, this is true for any car that is (or even just looks) fast. My other car is an 2008 Acura TL Type-S. People see the quad exhaust, brembos, etc. and suddenly they want to prove to you that their minivan is "faster". Same goes for the Mustang.

Ironically, the cars that are actually fast(er) are the ones who are usually more respectable on the road.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
When I look in my rear view I usually see someone taking cell phone pictures of my car. It starts to get creepy when they pull along side and keep taking pics. Guessing it's video?

I had one guy follow me off the freeway, on his Harley, all the way up a 3 story parking garage at work. Talked with him for a few minutes until I told him I had a meeting to get to.

So yeah, looks like life for now... until something new'er comes along?

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
I've had my 15 for about a year. Still haven't had anything like that happen to me...
Ditto. I constantly get compliments, but have yet to have anybody try and race me. I did have a Duramax Diesel ask me to give him a run, but I don't think he was expecting to win.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I get street racers all the time. Camaros, Civics, EVOs, WRXs. Anything that's remotely fast they want to race. Truth be said, Mustangs are kind of the measure for straight line speed in the sports car world.

Sponsored

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I made it all day yesterday without any aggressive actions toward me..lol. Probably had about 2 hours of seat time, although most of it was interstate. I did get my windows tinted, so it's looking even more sinister. Love this car.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
This behavior was even more annoying when you're tooling around in a '06 Pony Package Mustang...all show and no go!
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA :cheers:
(Awesome avatar [MENTION=18058]sabasigh[/MENTION] \m/ King Diamond. \m/)

Last edited:

SevenEigh8Si6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kalyan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I have been experiencing this more and more now, but 2 nights after I bought my 16 GT a month back, I was just enjoying the light traffic on the freeway and cruising around 80mph, when out of no where a IS300 shows up tailgating me, so I unleash the beast and move out his way and slow down thinking that he would just pass by, but good god was it just annoying that he had his high beams and was just tailgating me again. But I just slowed down to 60 before he just went around. I am not going to risk others and my life including my passengers for the entertainment of other on public roads. But also I am not going to waste my gas just to one up anyone on the road, I know I have a pretty powerful car and I am happy knowing that, and I know if I need to use that power its right at my right foot. But yeah, its pretty ironic that now that I have a GT everyone and their mother wants to speed past or tailgate in the hopes to get a reaction out. Not getting one out of me tbh!

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I wasn't in my little town 5 minutes before I had a busted 350Z pull alongside and start revving.

FIVE MINUTES. And this is a tiny little few thousand bedroom community.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
I wasn't in my little town 5 minutes before I had a busted 350Z pull alongside and start revving.

FIVE MINUTES. And this is a tiny little few thousand bedroom community.
So... did you win? :)

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I get morons all the time trying to race me or drive by when i am taking a turn and then they rev their engine. Gets annoying.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
That stuff will happen with any car that people think is fast. You will get a good bit of attention though not always the kind you want. I get more looks and positive feedback from people than I ever did in my Black Widow Silverado, which was both more expensive and far larger/commanding of people's attention. For reference I have a tuned silver gt with black racing stripes and roush axlebacks with an xpipe.

Some fun things that have happened:

I've had people follow me to Starbucks to tell me my car looks/sounds amazing. I regularly find a varying host of sportscars parked next to me at work that weren't there when I arrived. I can count on receiving a thumbs up, engine rev, or smile at least once a week. Guys in trucks (especially diesels or anyone with an exhaust) seem to like racing, and guys in minivans rev at me occasionally but I think they just want to hear me rev back. Corvettes enjoy revving and racing, but always in good fun and always with a thumbs up afterwards. Haven't had many ricers try anything. A girl in an S197 Mustang GT drooled over my car at Starbucks and offered me her number--my wife got a kick out of that when I showed her. Sometimes I notice people staring my car down as I drive by, or when stopped at a red light, moreso after it got tinted. Drove through a part of town I don't usually find myself in, and a tough-looking bro gave me a head nod and I heard one of them say "that shit pimpin..." :p Some kids down the road have a Camaro and an old truck with straight pipes, and every time they drive by my house they stomp on it... This stuff doesn't happen all the time but when it does you certainly notice it. My wife eats it up so I really enjoy when people do silly things when she's in the car, because she'll say things like "Baby, they are TOTALLY staring at us. Give them a rev!" Damn I love her.

There is bad attention too, though it isn't as prevalent. People like riding my ass for some reason, especially after I've passed them--someone is driving too slow so I pass them and move on, and before I know it they've turned on their brights and are tailgating me. :shrug: Depending on where I am I sometimes gun it and leave them far behind or I slow down to the speed limit and let them catch the rocks my tires sling up. A strange girl at work actually had a panic attack when I passed her on property at WOT, because she said my car was so loud it scared the shit out of her and she had to go home for the day... I took it as a compliment. Haven't had anyone give me the bird yet but I did have a guy on a Harley glare at me when I passed him and then follow me for several miles. That was a little unnerving. I have no doubt that cyclists hate me. The ones around here like to ride in the middle of the lane even though there is a 3 foot shoulder on each side of the road. I always give them a little time to notice I'm behind them but if they insistently refuse to get out of the way I of course pass them... and when I pass I tend to pass at WOT to demonstrate my rage.

I've had sportscars and what I would consider "show" vehicles before but none of them have ever received the amount of attention this Mustang has. Ford absolutely nailed it with the S550.

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Sounds like you guys have all the fun. I come across people driving spiritedly all the time and the moment I downshift next to/behind them they decide to start driving the speed limit again.

My balls are bluer than my car in these situations.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Generally, when someone wants to outrun me, I just let them. If I'm at an intersection and someone looks like they might want to go at it, I just start normally, maybe even a little slower than I might normally, just to avoid any impression of wanting to race.

I had two encounters with trucks that showed me how much of an a-hole people can be, so I go out of my way to avoid any indication of a challenge now.

The first encounter was when I was driving on a road that was one lane in each direction, but widened out to two lanes at an intersection. I think it was to allow for some to make a right turn, but it wasn't right-turn-only, and across the intersection it started off as two lanes, but dropped back to one fairly quickly. I was at the front, stopped at a red light, when a truck pulled up next to me in the right lane, and was clearly going straight. The light turned green, and he gunned it. I wasn't thrilled about the idea of being stuck behind them on that one-lane road, so I sped up and beat them across. I actually felt a little embarrassed about that, so I planned to let him go ahead if that happened again. Sure enough, the next intersection was the same, and just before the light turned green I was going to tell him to go ahead, but before I could do that, and before the light even turned green, he guns it and goes across.

The second time, I was driving down a 3-lane road, and passed a truck that was in a different lane. I was going to change into its lane, but as soon as I put my signal on, they punched it to cut me off. Again, I sped up and outran them, then moved over. The next intersection had a red light, so I slowed down and stopped, and they actually went into the left turn lane, which had a green light, and went around the stopped traffic going straight, but never turned and continued down the road.

I don't understand what they get from that. It's not like they're showing that they have the faster car, or are better drivers, only that they don't mind being a-holes and running red lights for all to see. I just figure that if there are people out there who are that tightly wound, I don't want to do anything that might associate me with them or their behavior.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
It's slowed down for me considerably. I think part of it is all the rain we've had. I still get a compliment every few days. My windows are dark now so people can't see me to initiate the conversation unless I roll it down. No one has revved at me lately either..lol. better weather will be here soon though.
Sponsored