Sponsored

Talk me out of 6

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
Talk me out of v6

This Mustang will will be the family's only car a true daily driver, in the great wintery North with last year low of -23°. I have snow tires that will fit the 18", and plan to carry chains. Premium models not a consideration because leather seats are out of the question for us.

Our former garage queen 2005 MUSTANG GT had more power than I'll ever need so the 6, 4, or 8 are fine, again the 2015 will be our daily driver.

1, PROVEN: The 6 and 8 are proven i4 is all new, advantage 6 & 8.

2, BALANCE: 6 and 4 are 52-48 8 is 53-47 or 54-46 depending on source, advantage 6 & 4.

3, REGULAR GAS: 6, advantage 6.

4, AMERICA ENGINE: 6 and 8 Cleveland, 4 Spain, advantage 6 & 8. (Deal breaker against 4)

5, AMERICA TIRES: 6 Goodyear, 4 unsure, 8 Pirelli, advantage 6.

6, POWER PASSENGER SEAT: Not available on 6: advantage 4 & 8.

7, PONY ON BACK: advantage 6 and 4.

There you have it the 6 is the best Mustang American driver, can you talk me out of the 6?

Thank you for any thoughts or consideration that I may be missing, and thank everyone involved with this forum, top notch!

DeColores
Sponsored

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
3: You'll still be saving money with the EB, judging from EPA ratings.

4&5: If you're buying something based off of where it was produced, you're doing a disservice to the free market.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Why would you want us to talk you out of it? If you feel that's the best option for you, then it shouldn't matter what we think. Do what makes you happy and what you feel is the smartest choice for you.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
EB..

It will be a more enjoyable car to drive... w/all the low-end torque and great mileage..? win/win

That 2.3 is well built, don't knock it.

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
The fun factor of the v8 or turbo will be better. Turbo 4 could have alot of potential with bolt ons. Savings in gas cancel out the regular gas for v6. And the sound of a v8 is intoxicating.

But these are just opinions man. Do what YOU feel is best and dont worry about other peoples opinions.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I would say wait and drive all three, that is my plan. Personally I understand the arguments for the EB, but I personally hated the test drive that I did with the Focus ST partially because of the turbo. I prefer the more linear pull of a NA engine over the rubber-band effect of the turbo lag (though the twin scroll turbo may be better in this respect). Also I would prefer the exhaust sound of the V6 over the EB turbo.

Like others have said, you should buy what your budget and heart tells you to and not look back.

Chris

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
My understanding is that much like the Focus ST's 2.0L Ecoboost is derived from the NA 2.0L Duratec engine, the 2.3L EB is spun from the NA 2.3L Duratec. Both of these engines are basically rebadged from the Mazda MZR family. Mazda used an earlier version of the 2.3L turbo in the Mazdaspeed 3 & 6 models, so while there are certainly new features and tech on the 2.3L EB, its is far from "all new". The basic engine family is very sound and has been around for a decade.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Talk me out of v6

This Mustang will will be the family's only car a true daily driver, in the great wintery North with last year low of -23°. I have snow tires that will fit the 18", and plan to carry chains. Premium models not a consideration because leather seats are out of the question for us.

Our former garage queen 2005 MUSTANG GT had more power than I'll ever need so the 6, 4, or 8 are fine, again the 2015 will be our daily driver.

2, BALANCE: 6 and 4 are 52-48 8 is 53-47 or 54-46 depending on source, advantage 6 & 4.

3, REGULAR GAS: 6, advantage 6.

4, AMERICA ENGINE: 6 and 8 Cleveland, 4 Spain, advantage 6 & 8. (Deal breaker against 4)

5, AMERICA TIRES: 6 Goodyear, 4 unsure, 8 Pirelli, advantage 6.

6, POWER PASSENGER SEAT: Not available on 6: advantage 4 & 8.

7, PONY ON BACK: advantage 6 and 4.

There you have it the 6 is the best Mustang American driver, can you talk me out of the 6?

Thank you for any thoughts or consideration that I may be missing, and thank everyone involved with this forum, top notch!

DeColores
Buy what you are comfortable paying for, all are fine cars and you would do well with any of them. The only recommendation I have is wait until you drive them before ordering. A Mustang nut will drive one with church pews for seats and only a hand brake vs driving anything else. We are the ones who ordered and are impatiently waiting our steed. There are some who nickle and dime every statistic or indicator and gripe/groan when they have yet to experience it.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The I4 will probably make for a better DD simply based on its torque delivery. It'll consume less fuel when driven lightly and give you more power when driven hard.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
The I4 being made in Europe should be considered an advantage, as 'we Europeans' are all about 4 cylinder engines, so we have a lot of experience with them.

... Right?

Sponsored

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
8. Exhaust note. V8 x1000. 'Murica.

There, crisis averted.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Additionally, I don't see many people grabbing the v8, once they ride/drive in the 2.3 EB.

BMW has built their entire foundation on twin-scroll technology and Mulally's Ford's have done the same. The 2.3 EB has many forged internals & capable in stock form of 15psi. That little engine has more TORQUE than some older s197 Mustangs, @ 3,000rpms~ . It can be easily upgraded.

Lastly, being much more agile, I think the EB will be the most engaging of the 3 for street use & play.

Boogeyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT w/ PP
I definitely won't try to talk you out of it. The V6 is an amazing engine and I would expect it to be more reliable/durable than the ecoboost. The main advantages the ecoboost has are really the options available but you don't sound interested in those at all and honestly these car are all have great standard equipment that is more than most people will ever need. So I say go for the 6 you should be able to get a good deal and it will still be fun to drive.

OP
OP

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
What is the most horse power have you driven in real snow without 4 wheel drive?
What happens to Turbo in sub zero?
Too bad the snow switch is only available on premium.

You would think safety would be available on every model.

I am so enjoying your insights and good will.

DeColores
Sponsored