Sponsored

Suggestions for headers

AWDtoRWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Roush Trakpak
Hey guys
I just bought the Magnaflow Competition cat-back and now I'm looking into my header options. I'm looking for some suggestions, catted or offroad.
I'm new to the V8 game and it seems that American Racing is probably one of the better choices?
I'm used to just buying turbobacks for the 2 previous STIs so any help/suggestions would be welcome.

Quick side note, what is the difference between direct connect, bottleneck eliminator, etc

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
Sponsored

SLEEPERSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
I just installed Arh headers w/o cats with the direct connect this past weekend. Outstanding quality!! And 5 hrs later the old was dropped and the new was installed. If i understand it correct the direct connect is for a full 3 in catback vs the bottleneck with still connect up to you factory exhaust but does delete the factory resonator. Someone correct me if i am wrong. Either way beefcake with get you fixed right up with what you are looking for and the correct package for a flawless install.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Bottle neck is probably just the term for where it necks down to 2.5 inches at the connection point. Like where the headers and catted/catless connection meets the catback. More than likely your setup has a 2.5 inch connection point where it meets the stock exhaust manifold/cats. So if you retain it then you'll need a connetion point that can match up to the 2.5 inch point on the catback. Or perhaps they have a connection that you can purchase with it that'll allow for a 3 inch all the way out from the headers.

SLEEPERSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Thats what i did. When i ordered the longtubes from Terry he sold me the direct connect for the corsa 3 in catback

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so maybe it just connects with the 2.5 inch part then. I would call them again to verify whether or not it bottles down to 2.5 inches or if it can stay 3 inches all the way.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I'm of the opinion that Kooks make the best headers. Roush also have max quality headers, but Roush headers are made by Kooks, so that's why.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
We run ARH in all our cars, thicker primary walls get rid of some excess and "metallic" noise you get from LT's. Give us a shout if you have any questions!!

Jay

OP
OP
AWDtoRWD

AWDtoRWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Roush Trakpak
Lots of help. I'll check on the connection that the Magnaflow Comp has. I think I'll end up going with 1 7/8" ARH off-roads. We moved to Kentucky a few years ago and so far it seems they don't have any laws of any type down here so the off-roads should be fine.

I would assume that with headers comes a tune. Anyone have any suggestions other than NGauge for the interface?

Thanks for all of the help

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
If i understand it correct the direct connect is for a full 3 in catback vs the bottleneck with still connect up to you factory exhaust but does delete the factory resonator. Someone correct me if i am wrong. Either way beefcake with get you fixed right up with what you are looking for and the correct package for a flawless install.
Other way around. Direct connect steps down from 3" to 2.25". bottleneck eliminator does not step down to 2.25 inch and includes an x/h pipe.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Arh is definetely the way to go OP...

What install times are you guys experiencing when you do the install yourself at home on jackstands?

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Arh is definetely the way to go OP...

What install times are you guys experiencing when you do the install yourself at home on jackstands?
I would guess a full day at the very least. Shops around here are taking a good 8-10 hours as a 1-2 man job with a lift and power tools.

OP
OP
AWDtoRWD

AWDtoRWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Roush Trakpak
Well I'm going to go with ARH for sure based on all of this advice. I also know that I'll have them installed, four jackstands and one man can't turn out well.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I wouldn't try it myself. Most shops seem to charge about $900- $1200 for the install. Its expensive and it sucks but hey...

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Running Kooks 1 7/8 catted headers with a Magnaflow comp catback.
Sounds pretty tits :)
Had a shop delete the bottle neck for me.

I have a few videos on youtube if you need sound clips
[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

OP
OP
AWDtoRWD

AWDtoRWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Roush Trakpak
Oh wow thats nice. I hate to make my neighbors angry at me but they can only be so angry, and it won't hurt them to wake up at 5am with me.
Sponsored