Sponsored

Trading up to GT. 400a or 401a?

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I also kicked the options around and finally settled on the 401a. When I drive to work it's at least 120 miles round trip. I want to be comfortable and enjoy the ride, it was worth the extra money.
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Extra weight

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
I had BLIS in my Escape, and I didn't want to give it up. I also like the sound system and HD radio. I don't know whether the 400a package includes "Easy entry/exit", but that's the one feature I really like.

Sponsored

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Having Blis and Adaptive Cruise now, I really would find it hard for me to ever buy another car without it and or anti collision systems.

To be frank, I drive quite a bit and having cruise being adaptive to the traffic flow seems to complement a more relaxed driving habit.

And all it needs to do is prevent one accident and it pays for itself. Worth every penny as far as I am concerned...

Also. I am one of those that thought this Adaptive Cruise system was going to be another one of those gimmicky or close to fake, profit making, piles of "Why did I buy that?" items. And am forever grateful I listened to Brian at Bowen Scarff as the system works fantastic.

Well as long as you turn it on it does =]

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
I have actually always just purchased everything and never really looked back.

Can you get mag ride without the PP?

I don't know why I am even asking I know I am going to get one fully loaded... :lol:

OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I have actually always just purchased everything and never really looked back.

Can you get mag ride without the PP?

I don't know why I am even asking I know I am going to get one fully loaded... :lol:
I'm actually planning on 2017 so mag ride there

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Having Blis and Adaptive Cruise now, I really would find it hard for me to ever buy another car without it and or anti collision systems.

To be frank, I drive quite a bit and having cruise being adaptive to the traffic flow seems to complement a more relaxed driving habit.

And all it needs to do is prevent one accident and it pays for itself. Worth every penny as far as I am concerned...

Also. I am one of those that thought this Adaptive Cruise system was going to be another one of those gimmicky or close to fake, profit making, piles of "Why did I buy that?" items. And am forever grateful I listened to Brian at Bowen Scarff as the system works fantastic.

Well as long as you turn it on it does =]
I had planned to buy a local GT Premium with 401a, but the deal fell through so the dealer found me another car, in another state, that had the same features, but with the adaptive cruise control (it also had a $1,000 Blue Tag rebate on this one so I only paid like an additional $195 for the adaptive cruise control). I'm so happy I have it now, the collision detection is awesome even if I never use the cruise control. I believe the rain sensing wipers are also included with this package, but I never really use them. I have heard the GT350's heads up shift display is the same as the heads up display we have in the adaptive cruise control cars, with some tweaks. I have been trying to figure out if it can be modified to act as a shift light.

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I'm actually planning on 2017 so mag ride there
If you're not getting a PP car, I'd look into the 20in Foundry wheel option. They look really good on the s550's. The leather Recaros are really nice as well, but I prefer the heated/cooled seats for my daily driver. The new stock leather seats have nice bolstering, especially compared to the older seats. The only option I didn't get, but wish I did, was the 3:55 rear. I have the 3:15, it's not bad, but the 3:55 would have been better.

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
Go with the 401A premium - trust me. You get spoiled by the BLIS and cross traffic alert can be a real lifesaver at times. The audio in my opinion for the Shaker Pro is alright, but get something to which you won't have any regrets. All the features you get are features you wouldn't be able to add in after the fact. You have plenty of time to save up and throw in an exhaust, etc. but you can never re-add BLIS or memory seats for example.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I was just checking the website and it said:

400a:
- ambient lighting

401a:
- Driver’s seat, mirrors, and ambient lighting with memory feature

How does the memory feature apply to mirrors and ambient lighting?
Memory feature is tied to all your unique features. So I like my seat low and back, mirrors out more and blue ambient lighting and my wife likes the seat farther ahead, up more, mirrors in and red ambient lighting. When each memory is set, all these features for you are set. Add easy entry/exit to that and I think its wonderful. I will never do without it again....:thumbsup:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I ordered 400A because I didn't think the extra fluff in 401A was worth the cost, plus I wanted as simple a car as I could get in Premium trim.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
The sub is not a reason to get the 401a as it doesn't perform very well... the BLIS and other parts of the package, however, are worth it.
Sponsored