Sponsored

Best Interior Cleaner!?

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
I currently have Meguiar's Quik Interior Wipes. They do 'okay' for the most part, minus the aluminum spots, and they leave water marks, rinse marks, or spots. It doesn't look great.

Does anyone have any interior wipe cleaner suggestions!? Thanks!
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I just use a damp microfiber cloth. No need to go crazy.
The mustang has mostly plastic interior anyway.
The stuff you wipe on is gonna evaporate and redeposit on the windows.

rotisserie_gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush Stage 3
I really like Zaino leather soft spray cleaner:http://www.zainostore.com/product/Z-9.html

I have been using it on all of my cars for years, and you can use it on most of the interior bits regardless of material (I use a small amount on a terry cloth towel and wipe the plastic bits, steering wheel, door inserts, and shifter). It of course also does a great job getting stains off of leather (blue jean rubbings, dirt, anything). Pair it with the lather in a bottle on the seats and it will keep your seats looking great for years. I swear by the stuff. For the gauge pods surrounds I just use a damp cloth. Nothing more.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I use Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant. It's a cleaner and protector all in one. It works great on 90% of the interior, but I don't use it on the dash metal and the shiny plastic trim around the center console screen. It does leave visible residue on those, but if I get any on those places I'll just wipe with a dry microfiber before it dries. I like a bit of a shine in the interior, but nothing too crazy shiny. I did recently buy the Ultimate Protectant and it has no shine to it at all, and costs a bit more.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
1Z Cockpit Premium is by far the best I have ever used, and I've used everything mentioned so far and then some. Completely matte finish, doesn't streak on clear plastics, safe for nav screen, can be used from the headliner to the carpet and everything in between and leaves a UV coating with very little scent and no shine. It is perfect.

Beware of the 303 Aerospace recommendations, it's not great.

Sponsored

DevilDogDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB 6spd Ruby Red
Aerospace 303 is real nice.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Water and a microfiber for plastic, chrome and metal bits. 303 leather cleaner for leather. I use an air compressor to clean out the dust and carpet once every month and that makes a huge difference in keeping the car clean.

MechWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red, FB, 3.7L, 051A, MANUAL !!
I like Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer to clean , & then Mother's Protectorent to preserve, deep dark color & little gloss . I do this about every 4 - 6 months, works well.

Bankss550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium 6SPD
I use Adams Polishes interior detailer. It works on all the surfaces and doesn't leave a streaky greasy mess all over. I know you mentioned you like wipes but I figured I would mention it to you. If you do end up getting a bottle, a tip is to spray it on the towels rather than on surfaces to avoid overspray.

Sponsored

svtsupremacy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Ive been using REALLY diluted Meguires All purpose cleaner. and then I go back over it with Optimum protection plus. I really like the OPP

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I generally only use a damp microfiber towel, or windex to clean my interior. I find most interior cleaners tend to leave some sort of residue, even the 303 slightly darkens the plastic, making every small spot you miss stand out. I've heard 1z Cockpit will not change the darkness or shine of the plastic, so even if you miss a spot it won't be visible. I may try 1Z only because I would like some sort of UV protection which the soap and water doesn't give me. I do use 303 for the exterior plastic.

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I use Adams Polishes interior detailer. It works on all the surfaces and doesn't leave a streaky greasy mess all over. I know you mentioned you like wipes but I figured I would mention it to you. If you do end up getting a bottle, a tip is to spray it on the towels rather than on surfaces to avoid overspray.

+1 on this AND get some of Adams interior cleaner...It works great for cleaning, then the Adams interior detail seals the deal!
Sponsored