Sponsored

Police/fire/ems...interior lights in your S550?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
For those that are allowed to respond in your POV's, what lights did you go with and how are they mounted?

For the last 16 years my Code 3 Dash Laser has served me VERY well. But no way in hell I'm slapping it up on my roof once I get an S550.

I'm thinking LED strips between the roof and the windshield and then something similar and smaller for the rear window corner.

Super easy solution would be a visor mount but I've yet to see one that is even remotely visible in daylight.

So what do you have? Pics are certainly welcome! :)

Thanks!

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Still trying to figure out what I want to do- all hidden. Maybe a hideaway red/blue strobe in the reverse light, same thing in the front turn signals. LED flasher to flash the tail lamps separately and blinkers. A couple red/blues behind the grill.

Just some thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still trying to figure out what I want to do- all hidden. Maybe a hideaway red/blue strobe in the reverse light, same thing in the front turn signals. LED flasher to flash the tail lamps separately and blinkers. A couple red/blues behind the grill.

Just some thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See I dont want to screw with the lenses covers and light arrangements. I want something independent thats just hard wire and flip a switch.

I can probably do it simultaneously when I connect the dash/deck cams. Those thin led bars seem nice.

Thanks

-Emt1581

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Years ago, when my uncle was a volunteer firefighter, they gave him a red gumball machine (rotating red light) which had a magnetic base. It plugged into the cigarette lighter, and he could slap it on the roof when needed. He added stick on velcro to the base so he could set it up on the dash of his Chevy van...(which had a carpeted dash cover ;) ).

NowInSixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black,Sixth Gen, GT, Bad Arse
Years ago, when my uncle was a volunteer firefighter, they gave him a red gumball machine (rotating red light) which had a magnetic base. It plugged into the cigarette lighter, and he could slap it on the roof when needed. He added stick on velcro to the base so he could set it up on the dash of his Chevy van...(which had a carpeted dash cover ;) ).
Remember these back in the day. I'm sure now they probably a new improved version.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember these back in the day. I'm sure now they probably a new improved version.
Thats the same as my Dash Laser I mentioned earlier. But that'd mean a Velcro patch on the dash.

-Emt1581

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here we go...nice and subtle...

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]xOxwXVC-U_A[/MEDIA]"]

-Emt1581

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:bump:

Any first responders add lights lately?

Thanks

-Emt1581

ranger56528

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Race Red. Black 95 GTS. 98 Red base v6.
The VFD and 1st responders out were I live just use thier Flashers,a couple have alternating head lights but non have any color lights on personal vehicles.

Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Cool looking Christmas Tree Stangs. Love to drive them in traffic

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since I hardly ever respond in my POV other than to give aid at a scene or roadside I'm thinking I might install a really small light in the front and rear or a really thin bar accross the front and back tucked up by the roof lining.

Any one outfit their S550 with some lights lately?

Thanks

-Emt1581

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
as a leo I don't see the point I really will never use my car in any capcity. I get to work I get my squad lol

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
as a leo I don't see the point I really will never use my car in any capcity. I get to work I get my squad lol
Makes sense. And maybe in your AO the department wouldn't approve of you pulling people over, joining pursuits, etc. in a POV, even though you're driving a hell of a chase car!

I know in some states, off duty fire/ems/leo aren't allowed to have any lights on their POV's.

However, for me, like I said I can use them responding to station, scene, rendering aid at a scene/roadside, etc. I can count the times on one hand that I've used my rotator in the past year. Might just end up with a simple visor/deck setup just for identification at/of scenes.

Always curious to see what others have done to their cars though.

-Emt1581
Sponsored