AdvanceTrac service light on, plus others

BarefooTonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
My Stang (2016) just did the same thing yesterday when I was driving home from work (non-spirited driving). The AdvanceTrac, traction control, ABS light, and the airbag light all came on guess I'll be taking it to the dealer.
Sponsored

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
My Stang (2016) just did the same thing yesterday when I was driving home from work (non-spirited driving). The AdvanceTrac, traction control, ABS light, and the airbag light all came on guess I'll be taking it to the dealer.
Mine did something similar to this today. Let me know what the dealer says.

BarefooTonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Mine did something similar to this today. Let me know what the dealer says.

They have had it for two days, today will make it three and they can't duplicate the problem. The computer stored some ABS error codes which are clear now. The tech drove it home last night hoping it would do it, but right now looks like I'm S.O.L...

Don't know if this fixed it but on the drive to the dealer it kept popping up "Service advancetrac" and I just kept hitting "Ok" was annoyed by the sound and it went away after the third or fourth time and now they can't get it back. Yet everything works (like hill assist and all the different modes), hoping it was a fluke.:frusty:

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
Mine did it once at 20K miles and hasn't done it since. Been ok for 1000 miles. Hope it was a fluke!

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - Competition Orange
My 2016 did it today with just over 2800 miles. Service advance track message, no hill assist message, no driving modes message, ABS light, traction control and advance track lights. Would reset itself within a few minutes, but would all happen again anytime I hit the brakes hard. Then started getting ABS pulsing on the driver front wheel when braking.

Headed to the dealer and they diagnosed it as a bad ABS sensor on the front wheel. Sensor was indicating 152 MPH while sitting still. Of course, they did not have the part in stock, so I have to wait a day or two to have it back. Gave me a 16 V6 mustang in Ingot Silver in the mean time.

Sponsored

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
I'll have to try hitting my brakes hard to see if that makes it come on again.

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Mine did that about three months ago...rear wheel hub replaced due to chewed up ABS tone ring - also said "anti-click washer came apart"...they cleaned and re-installed the sensor...installed new hub/tone ring...no biggie since...must be a somewhat common issue.

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Mine did it on an out of town drive home this weekend. After rotating my tires and getting on the road a Tire Sensor fault message pops up. Then later on the freeway Service Advancetrac, no hill assit, no drive mode. I was in track mode with Advancetrac off so when this happened it stayed in the same mode I was in. The next morning I checked for engine codes and everything was ok. By end of day everything returned to normal. Since there were no engine codes I wasn't worried, but it was an irritation. Seems like something is too sensitive.

I've also had the rear camera go blank several times but it has returned to normal after a while.

*edit - I had to take it to the dealer to reset the Tire Sensor fault on Monday since it did not return to normal by itself.*

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Mine did it yesterday too; Advancetrac light came on, then "no collision detection" and "no hill start" came up on the screen. I drove it about a quarter mile and the orange light went off and never came back. The collision lights still work, at least.

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - Competition Orange
My 2016 did it today with just over 2800 miles. Service advance track message, no hill assist message, no driving modes message, ABS light, traction control and advance track lights. Would reset itself within a few minutes, but would all happen again anytime I hit the brakes hard. Then started getting ABS pulsing on the driver front wheel when braking.

Headed to the dealer and they diagnosed it as a bad ABS sensor on the front wheel. Sensor was indicating 152 MPH while sitting still. Of course, they did not have the part in stock, so I have to wait a day or two to have it back. Gave me a 16 V6 mustang in Ingot Silver in the mean time.
Mine turned out to be a damaged ABS wheel speed sensor wire. It appears that the alignment monkey that aligned the car after my spring install managed to crush the wire. My Ford dealer fixed it under warranty. All taken care of now.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Mine came on yesterday. Will drop it off at dealer tomorrow. I wonder what kind of loaner I'll get

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
Mine did the same thing, it was a broken ground on the strut tower.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
mine ended up being the wheel sensor/hub

edit: part number update

FR3Z-1104-B - HUB ASY - WHEEL
FR3Z-2C190-B - SENSOR ASY

HUB BEARING COMING APART / DAMAGED SENSOR
REPLACED, CLEARED CODES, TESTED OK

Last edited:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
seems like this is a pretty common issue. good thing im not planning on keeping the car longer than when my warranty expires, lol.

from what i can tell so far, there's some common issues with these cars, and one of them probably costs an arm and a leg to fix out of warranty, which is the evaporator core.
Sponsored