• 475HP

Votes: 57 9.0%

• Total voters

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ecoboost guys don't seem to have a problem tuning their cars. FRS/BRZ/86 guys have both systems and seem to be fine. Wonder if they double checked their stratified and homo mixers.
One example is not applicable (turbocharged) and the other is one of the best cases in the favor of my argument. I would love to see an FT86 tune that fixes the broken power curve or even one with gains exceeding 2% on street gas.
Sponsored

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
One example is not applicable (turbocharged) and the other is one of the best cases in the favor of my argument. I would love to see an FT86 tune that fixes the broken power curve or even one with gains exceeding 2% on street gas.
Oh my it's painful reading some of these posts. What is your argument exactly?

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Ilike big words!:D

Sponsored

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
What? :headbonk:

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
From a tuning standpoint, yes.

Consider how much trouble tuners have had with the GT350 throttle body. Now consider that there a minimum of 5 different tunes, 3 of which will have tuned just to ensure that one tune can work in phase with the other five. Of the 3, 1 uses the throttle body in the traditional sense, 1 doesn't use it at all (fuel throttling, TB wide open), and the third is essentially a algorithmic tune which ensures a smooth phase transitioning between the first two, generated on the fly by the ECU. Now consider that most tuners have never touched DI engines.

The other option is locking out the other modes and running a single, but if you're going to do that you might as well just save the cost of the high-pressure fuel system and extra electronics and just build up a PI coyote.
Most tuners that I know have extensively worked on DI engines. This isn't some voodoo technology.

So from all of this you are trying to say that we shouldn't get a 2018 Mustang GT to mod because it's going to be too complicated, expensive, and won't see any worthwhile gains? I disagree. Kind of sounds like you are trying to think of reasons why the 2018 won't be any better than the current cars. Mod for mod the 2018 will be significantly quicker. The dual fuel system actually opens up a lot of doors for tuners and I highly doubt that will be the limiting factor for most builds.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Bring in the experts please !

Most tuners that I know have extensively worked on DI engines. This isn't some voodoo technology.

So from all of this you are trying to say that we shouldn't get a 2018 Mustang GT to mod because it's going to be too complicated, expensive, and won't see any worthwhile gains? I disagree. Kind of sounds like you are trying to think of reasons why the 2018 won't be any better than the current cars. Mod for mod the 2018 will be significantly quicker. The dual fuel system actually opens up a lot of doors for tuners and I highly doubt that will be the limiting factor for most builds.
Ok here is an exercise - email all popular tuners out there and ask them their opinion and if they have anything in the pipeline for the new 5.0 coyote engine.
Maybe some of them have gotten a heads up from Ford - like Roush, Steeda :cool:

They don't have to go into specifics - just give you a ;) ;) Oh yeah we got some interesting products ready to go.:cheers:

I use to do this with customers when I worked in computer sales and vendors would come in and give us training on their upcoming products. Of course we had to sign agreements that we would not release the information to the public. But it didn't stop me from dropping a few hints to generate some excitement - plus I took down names and numbers to always get a jump on the other salesmen ! :D

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I gotta an idea racer x, why dont we petition Ford to come out with 2018 mustang special edition that would be named the "mach 5.0" featuring a jump system that allows for special jumper shocks that make the car to leap over its opponents thus defeating them at the big end of a race....lol

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
I've seen this before ....

I gotta an idea racer x, why dont we petition Ford to come out with 2018 mustang special edition that would be named the "mach 5.0" featuring a jump system that allows for special jumper shocks that make the car to leap over its opponents thus defeating them at the big end of a race....lol
Famous Jumps by Cars
Hmm, Lets see ....

1. Gone in 60 seconds
2. 2 Fast 2 Furious
3. Smokey & the Bandit
4. Dukes of Hazard
5. Blues Brothers Over A Bridge
6. The Bond Corkscrew

I think they all had this system too :lol:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Port and Direct Fuel Injection / Higher Compression

While my personal opinion is that port and direct fuel injection and higher compression will be great for the coyote engine - I just think there will be some growing pains for some tuners out there. Heck one of my first mods on my 1978 Trans am was going to a local junk yard and finding me a pair of 1969 ram air III heads - had them cleaned, ported and fitted with new valves and springs, added a ram air III cam and 650 Holley double pumper carb.
Let me tell you the car was a monster after those mods. More fuel, Higher Compression always a great thing !

I can't compare todays tuners with what I did back then, but it took some time before I nailed down the right size jets and sorting thru the timing issues - not a nightmare scenario but yes it did take some time. Today's tuners are lucky to have the technology in their hands to make changes on the fly.

Like I said in my previous posts - I have to wait and see what Ford releases in terms of specs for this new engine to sell me on purchasing a 2018. I love many of the upgrades - quad exhaust, michelin tires, 10-speed auto, digital instrument cluster etc...

But I think this new coyote is going to be announced with 470 HP or higher.

:ford:

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
There is a reason 455 HP is winning the poll, Ford has already gave
us a hint what the 2018 HP number will be:

C2dlrSvWIAAnnCl.jpg

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Why buy a 2018 ....

There is a reason 455 HP is winning the poll, Ford has already gave
us a hint what the 2018 HP number will be:

C2dlrSvWIAAnnCl.jpg
If you can get to 455 HP with a 2017 Ford Mustang GT with a Ford Performance Pack 2 ? Heck Stage 3 470 HP. :D

The 2017's will be discounted when the 2018's hit Ford Dealerships.
Direct port injection and bump in compression should be more than 455HP.
Sponsored