Sponsored

Self driving Mustang! [Project]

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
Using the active park on my Flex was crazy. That steering wheel would spin so damn fast lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Using the active park on my Flex was crazy. That steering wheel would spin so damn fast lol
It would've been a perfect candidate for the Comma project haha :D

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't know if there is a way but the controls for the Mustang ACC are a PIA. They moved he resume button to a place it is almost impossible to press without moving your hand on the wheel; also easy to hit the on/off while stretching to the resume.

And its a crime to even need resume as often as Ford requires it. In my Cadillac, cruise does not disengage when shifting the manual trans. Cadillac must have smarter lawyers than Ford because there is no reason to NOT do this other than fear of some legal ramifications. Same for Having cruise on and off. I haven't had to turn cruise on or off in the Cadillac since I drove it off the lot. Turn it on and it stays on, so all you have to do is engage it when you want it or after using the brake.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got a few pictures from the steering rack of the car. It seems that we do have a motor that could possibly control the steering wheel! I met another guy that is trying to do almost the same project with his car but he wants to remote controlling it (kinda like real R/C car). After talking together, it seems that we pretty much need to do the same thing and we are trying to work together to accomplish a little something. We've got some driving data that we are analyzing right now. (Many more to come lol).
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First post updated!

Sponsored

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
I just got a few pictures from the steering rack of the car. It seems that we do have a motor that could possibly control the steering wheel! I met another guy that is trying to do almost the same project with his car but he wants to remote controlling it (kinda like real R/C car). After talking together, it seems that we pretty much need to do the same thing and we are trying to work together to accomplish a little something. We've got some driving data that we are analyzing right now. (Many more to come lol).
You're right. There's an electrical motor in the steering rack assembly. It's part of the power steering (EPAS).

epas1.png

epas2.png

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I speak right now, I found someone that is making a custom board for me to control the steering wheel. It's on test right now :headbang: I'm looking at 2 options. Making my own kit and hack the can bus signal with another person. The reason why I'm looking at making my own kit is because I want to make it universal for other cars as well :)

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I really want ACC. If you get that to work, please, I need to know. Awesome work, man.
Sponsored