Sponsored

Favorite part of the S550

H44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium DIB
This might be a bit cliche, but what is your favorite part of your S550? Mine would have to be the way the hips stick out and how you can see them in your mirror :)! :ford:
Sponsored

StephanPooter83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401A GT PP Lightning blue silver stripe
I didn't notice it until I received my car today but I love how the rear half of the roof slopes down in to the fast back look. Just looks sleek and well designed.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
The engine, the haunches, the interior, the ass end. Basically everything but how sloppy the irs is lol

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Design...Power

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Hmmm.... tough to narrow down to just ONE thing. Quite honestly, the entire package is just really fun.

I guess I'd have to pick the styling. This has been the best looking Mustang to come out in a long, long time.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Agreed first area on my upgrade list. One area GM has a clear leg up in this department.
Gm might have a leg up in that but the lt1 or whatever the hell they're using these days doesn't like boost the way coyote does. We can spend less than a grand to tighten up our irs, they have to tear into their motors to run boost like we do. I'd much rather spend a little to get our suspension tightened up than have to rip apart a motor and put crank rods and pistons in it to hold the boost our motors are holding from the factory.

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
A quicker list would be what I don't like.

Sponsored

StephanPooter83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401A GT PP Lightning blue silver stripe
I certainly agree the current 5.0 platform loves boost and in the end is cheaper to upgrade. I suspect the gen3 5.0 will experience GM's growing pains in the fueling department. Rule of thumb the current LT1 rods are good to 700 to the wheels etc. I'm perfectly happy to spend a few hundred dollars and a few hours of my time to tighten up the current IRS. Having now owned both cars their engines are just completely different animals. A lot of it has to due with tuning though. The Lt1 is lazy unless WOT then it runs like a raped ape. So far I enjoy that the 5.0 wants to rev easier based on my minimal inputs it feels more intuitive. Their 8 speed is boring unless in competitive mode which is only reached after WOT and remains in effect until it believes you are driving slowly. My test drive of the s550 was on a 3.15 manual car arguably the slowest of the bunch but I still had more fun based on feel than the faster SS. Realistically the crap build quality and after sale service is what had me looking to others in the first place they did get me on one of the 20 percent off sales. So far besides the car I'm enjoying the much larger forum and aftermarket community. With the last car you really had to search around for parts or even anyone who knew anything about the drive train thats out been out for over 3 years. With the S550 theres many one stop shops in parts or knowledge.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Front end aggressiveness. This is where the 2018 loses me, or at least until I see a shot like this. I think the big hood/cowl of the current design gives the front end a mean, muscle look. However, there really aren't any angles on this generation that look bad IMO and that's hard to find in a lot of cars.
IMG_6735.jpg

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
The styling. It's my favorite all time Mustang and my favorite non-exotic production car right now. It just works at every angle, and perfectly blends modernity with familiar styling cues from previous Mustang generations.

It's just a bonus that it happens to be a blast to drive as well. :D

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
That long ass hood.
Sponsored