Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Sekhon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet SS
Has anyone heard the new active exhaust option on the 18 in person? I'm wondering how it compares to the sound of the Camaro's NPP exhaust and how it compares to aftermarket exhausts on the current 5.0. I'm wondering about loudness and tone both. I think the NPP has a decent tone for a stock option but could be a little louder in track mode. I heard a nice aftermarket exhaust on a 15+ the other day. I wished I would have asked what it was. Sounded incredible.
[ame]
Sponsored

saxman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
I've actually seen/listened to this video. I'm more curious with in person accounts from those who have heard the exhausts I mentioned. Videos, while great starting points, can vary greatly depending on the mic used and the speakers/headphones used to listen. Someone else's ears are also different than mine, but hearing a first person comparison in sounds can be helpful to others to describe how close something is or isn't to a competing product.

Jenkins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
I've actually seen/listened to this video. I'm more curious with in person accounts from those who have heard the exhausts I mentioned. Videos, while great starting points, can vary greatly depending on the mic used and the speakers/headphones used to listen. Someone else's ears are also different than mine, but hearing a first person comparison in sounds can be helpful to others to describe how close something is or isn't to a competing product.
I agree. I also believe neutral rev videos don't do exhaust systems justice. 9 times out of 10 the exhaust note with the engine under load sounds better.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
IMO, I suspect Ford is trying to capture some of the GT350 FPC sound with the new quad exhaust.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Has anyone heard the new active exhaust option on the 18 in person? I'm wondering how it compares to the sound of the Camaro's NPP exhaust and how it compares to aftermarket exhausts on the current 5.0. I'm wondering about loudness and tone both. I think the NPP has a decent tone for a stock option but could be a little louder in track mode. I heard a nice aftermarket exhaust on a 15+ the other day. I wished I would have asked what it was. Sounded incredible.
My guess is that it'll have roughly the same "levels" as the GT350's active exhaust considering they probably share a good amount of parts and will give an idea of how loud Ford is willing to go. And if the GT350 exhaust is the volume to expect, it'll be perfect. Only a tad louder than a stock GT in normal mode, and with the valves open, it's the perfect volume. Not obnoxiously loud, no drone, just right.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
My guess is that it'll have roughly the same "levels" as the GT350's active exhaust considering they probably share a good amount of parts and will give an idea of how loud Ford is willing to go. And if the GT350 exhaust is the volume to expect, it'll be perfect. Only a tad louder than a stock GT in normal mode, and with the valves open, it's the perfect volume. Not obnoxiously loud, no drone, just right.
Should be able to add an X/H pipe in the middle as well.

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2018 Ford 5.0 Coyote Engine

Count down to New York International Auto Show - 2017 Show Dates: Apr 14 - Apr 23, 2017. Just 11 Days away !! Hope Ford releases new information about
the new engine. :cheers:
IMG_4280.jpg
IMG_4282.jpg
IMG_4283.jpg
IMG_4285.jpg
IMG_4287.jpg
IMG_4288.jpg
IMG_4289.jpg

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
^^^^^I sure hope so, too. I need HP and TQ numbers.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I can never get over how massive they are. I'm working on a a 466 big block race Motor with a friend and it looks tiny compared to the 5.0
Sponsored