Sponsored

Corsa Exhaust

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Is there a "clean" way to replace the resonators (or the Corsa xpipe) with clamps? Without welding?
The corsa midpipe uses clamps, but you still have to cut the factory exhaust. The cat back is one welded piece so you only choice with no permanent mods is replace the entire thing with the R cat back or aftermarket
Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Yeah, that kinda sucks. Ill be taking the car back to Germany with me at some point. And the German TĂśV likes its inspections. And a welded exhaust is something which will stick out like a sore thumb. A clamped exhaust could maybe be explained away.. just guessing here... but a pieced and clamped "factory" exhaust might work.... :D

I looked at the Corsa page and didnt see a mention of clamps? Any photos of em? They probably are the 3" Corsa down to stock 2.5"?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Maybe i am alone in this but for the first time the stock exhaust sounds so good that even when i hear the aftermarket options i'm not sure i can tell that it sounds any better.
You are not alone! My stock exhaust hangs on my garage wall for the very reason that it sounds amazing. I do also agree that the difference in sound is minimal but the amplitude increase is CRAZY!!! When doing my exhaust my main concern was keeping the unique sound and character of the stock exhaust. So when I upgraded I wanted sound, weight reduction and as a bonus a power bump. The Borla Atak met all my needs. And again I agree with you the sound is not much different but I guess that's what happens when the stock exhaust is so good the only thing you can do to make it better is make it louder.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Im still on the fence, I want the stock sound, but more amplitude. Not sure if I just want to do resonator delete (either pipe or corsa xpipe) which involves cutting the stock, or bite the bullet and get the Ford Performance by Borla exhaust.

Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Kinda answered my own question. The Corsa homepage actually has a pretty good shot of the dual helix xpipe directly on the frontpage including clamp setup. Wierd that they dont show that shot on the product page itself.

What is the stock exhaust diameter back towards the mufflers. 2.5"? If you were going to replace the stock part, would a pair of 2.5" clamps work there?

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB

jtn83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Just a heads up in case nobody has noticed yet (which I kinda doubt) - new release 3.0" Catback Exhaust for $1779.95

Adfter hmm and haying over the Ford Performance by Borla, I saw that price and just bit the bullet!
Awesome! Let us know how it sounds in person! I was very impressed with the quality of the x pipe.

Does this retain the sport/normal modes? Last I heard they weren't releasing a dual mode muffler. If so, wonder they'll release an axelback since I already have the x pipe. I'd like to do headers in the future, but may wait until the warranty is up since headers require a tune.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Awesome! Let us know how it sounds in person! I was very impressed with the quality of the x pipe.

Does this retain the sport/normal modes? Last I heard they weren't releasing a dual mode muffler. If so, wonder they'll release an axelback since I already have the x pipe. I'd like to do headers in the future, but may wait until the warranty is up since headers require a tune.
It does state the following on the product page:

*Retains Stock Exhaust Actuator **Maintains Driving Modes

The install guide shows the Actuators being reused... so I guess so.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
I looks like in the picture there are two brackets for the actuators to bolt too, I suspect all they will do is allow the actuator to move and sweep from end to end so that it passes the self test and allows for the various modes.

Sponsored

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I was told that they may revisit it once the 2018 Mustang comes out with the optional dual-mode exhaust. So even if they do it'll be awhile.
I would certainly double check since HI_OFFCR was directly involved in the development but I was positive the dual modes would not be retained

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
Sorry guys. But the Corsa does not have the valves. It's one mode Sport. They are very misleading on the site. They include a bracket that you mount the valve motors on to keep them in the system. Otherwise if you run with valve wire disconnected it would throw a code. That's why so much less for the exhaust then Borla and FP.

It does state the following on the product page:

*Retains Stock Exhaust Actuator **Maintains Driving Modes

The install guide shows the Actuators being reused... so I guess so.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Gnah.. now why did you guys go and have to ruin my Friday... :rant: :rant: :rant:

Just spoke with Corsa, yep, the actuators are just plugged in to avoid throwing a code, but are not functional. And yes, it is misleading on the site.

Thanks for the heads up guys. While I dont use quiet that often, its does have its usefulness... :lol: :lol: :D

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Gnah.. now why did you guys go and have to ruin my Friday... :rant: :rant: :rant:

Just spoke with Corsa, yep, the actuators are just plugged in to avoid throwing a code, but are not functional. And yes, it is misleading on the site.

Thanks for the heads up guys. While I dont use quiet that often, its does have its usefulness... :lol: :lol: :D
Exactly! I like Corsa and have used their systems before on other Mustangs but I am currently leaning toward the Ford Performance system by Borla because it retains the dual mode. Best of luck!

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
I am feeling the same. I loved my Corsa extreme on my 2015 GT PP. Quality and sound was top but, not sure who would want to lose the ability to be "quiet" when they need be. Corsa needs to re look at this. I think sales will be very low for them.
Sponsored