2015 GT Impulse

cvaughn1084

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
This is my first build thread and while my 2015 GT doesn't have a lot done to her yet, I have quite a few plans to get her looking good.

First, the story behind her name of Impluse. My wife and I were looking to trade in our 2008 Explorer for a used 2011 Explorer. I had picked out one out, went to the dealership and worked out all of the numbers, but needed to leave for other obligations before I could sign any paperwork. I agreed to come back the next morning with my wife to sign papers. On the way to the dealership, my wife asked me why I hadn't looked at getting a Mustang. I was in complete shock that she had made the suggestion. The thought of getting a Mustang hadn't even come across as a possibility. I told her she better not be messing with me and not to tempt me and then go back on it later.

Short side story, my wife knows how much I love Mustangs. I have had a '64 1/2 289, '65 Sprint 200, and a '07 GT, and have been drooling over the '15 since it was revealed. She gets irritated with me when we are driving because mid-conversation I will see a nice looking Mustang and interrupt her just to point out the car.

Back to my search, I only had a two requirements for the car 1) GT 2) 6 speed. I had a couple of color choices in mind (Comp Orange or Deep Impact Blue), and within minutes we found the one and it was just a few miles from the other dealership.

So after a short test drive (not that a test drive was really going to be a factor in my decision) we had our deal and we took some pictures and drove off in my Deep Impact Blue Impulse.

Factory Options:
3.55 Gears

Current Mods:
Tint - 35 doors/20 quarter and rear glass
DiodeDynamics LED Switchback Parking Lights
DiodeDynamics LED Reverse Light
DiodeDynamics LED Interior Kit
JLT Oil Seperator
Red Line Tuning Hoot Struts
Magnaflow Competition Series 3" Catback
Niche Misano Anthracite 20X10 on
Nitto NT555 G2 275/35
Eibach Sportlines
American Muscle Light Tint - @AMWill
Boomba Racing Sound Tube Delete
Steeda CAI - w/o Tune

Future Plans:
Cervinis Stalker Kit
Diode Dynamics RGBWA DRLs
XLUME RGB Pony
Air Ride
Power Adder
dealer pickup 2.jpg
dealer pickup 3.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

SlimReaper

SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice :thumbsup: Any idea on what color wheels you'll be getting for her?

OP
OP
cvaughn1084

cvaughn1084

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
Really liking the Vossen CVT in Gloss Graphite.

SlimReaper

SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Really liking the Vossen CVT in Gloss Graphite.
Good choice. Can't go wrong with those paired with some meaty tires. Good luck with the build man and congrats on the car.

OP
OP
cvaughn1084

cvaughn1084

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
I will have more pictures and videos coming in the next couple days.

Sponsored

AMWill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Track Pack 5.0
This is my first build thread and while my 2015 GT doesn't have a lot done to her yet, I have quite a few plans to get her looking good.

First, the story behind her name of Impluse. My wife and I were looking to trade in our 2008 Explorer for a used 2011 Explorer. I had picked out one out, went to the dealership and worked out all of the numbers, but needed to leave for other obligations before I could sign any paperwork. I agreed to come back the next morning with my wife to sign papers. On the way to the dealership, my wife asked me why I hadn't looked at getting a Mustang. I was in complete shock that she had made the suggestion. The thought of getting a Mustang hadn't even come across as a possibility. I told her she better not be messing with me and not to tempt me and then go back on it later.

Short side story, my wife knows how much I love Mustangs. I have had a '64 1/2 289, '65 Sprint 200, and a '07 GT, and have been drooling over the '15 since it was revealed. She gets irritated with me when we are driving because mid-conversation I will see a nice looking Mustang and interrupt her just to point out the car.

Back to my search, I only had a two requirements for the car 1) GT 2) 6 speed. I had a couple of color choices in mind (Comp Orange or Deep Impact Blue), and within minutes we found the one and it was just a few miles from the other dealership.

So after a short test drive (not that a test drive was really going to be a factor in my decision) we had our deal and we took some pictures and drove off in my Deep Impact Blue Impulse.

Factory Options:
3.55 Gears

Current Mods:
Diode Dynamics LED Switchback Parking Lights
Diode Dynamics LED Reverse Light
JLT Oil Seperator

Future Plans:
Cervini S550 Kit
Steeda Stage 1 Handling Package - Sport Progressive
Steeda Stage 2 Handling Package
Steeda Stage 3 Handling Package
Steeda Differential Bushing Inserts
cvaughn,

That is one awesome story and one awesome S550!

Looks like you're off to a great start with your mods and have a nice plan in mind!

Let me know if you ever need anything!

-Will

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Factory Options:
3.55 Gears

Current Mods:
Diode Dynamics LED Switchback Parking Lights
Diode Dynamics LED Reverse Light
JLT Oil Seperator

Future Plans:
Cervini S550 Kit
Steeda Stage 1 Handling Package - Sport Progressive
Steeda Stage 2 Handling Package
Steeda Stage 3 Handling Package
Steeda Differential Bushing Inserts
Can't wait for this build!

OP
OP
cvaughn1084

cvaughn1084

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
Shades

So first thing to get done on the car was a new set of shades. Tint was done by Matt Fleming Tinting in Peoria, IL. His shop is very fairly priced and has a quick turn around and does great work.
Tint 1.JPG
Tint 2.JPG

OP
OP
cvaughn1084

cvaughn1084

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
Next to go on was the Magnaflow Competition Catback System. The install was really easy and took about me about two hours to complete. I did a couple of videos, the first video is with the factory system removed and the second is with the Magnaflow system installed.

Since completing the install about 2 months ago, the exhaust has really broken in well. The Magnaflow Comp sounds amazing and I am so happy with the system.

....finally got the videos embedded. Thanks for the help Nick! For everyone else, Photobucket is no good for embedding video.

Next up Diode Dynamics Switchbacks and Reverse Light!

Last edited:

AmiNo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Auto
Crazy, but I was looking through peoples builds and realized I know you..from Washington as well. Nice looking car

Sponsored
OP
OP
cvaughn1084

cvaughn1084

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
Crazy, but I was looking through peoples builds and realized I know you..from Washington as well. Nice looking car

Thanks! You still live in Washington? When did you graduate?

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nice thread the car looks great man. Keep it up.

AmiNo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Auto
I grew up there and graduated back in 04 and then moved away in 05. I come back every so often since my daughter and ex live there

OP
OP
cvaughn1084

cvaughn1084

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
Diode Dynamics LED Switchback and Reverse Light

Been busy so I haven't been able to post in a while, but I recently put the Diode Dynamics LED Switchbacks and Reverse Light in.

Diode Dynamics knows how to do it. They are 100% plug-in-play replacements with the factory bulbs. This makes for a quick and easy install. The reverse LED took less than 5 minutes and the switchbacks only took about 5-10 minutes per wheel. I wanted to be extra careful not to break the plastic locking pins in the wheel well.

Stock Parking Lights
stock parking lights.jpg

Switchbacks
led switchbacks no fog lights.jpg

Switchbacks with Fog Lights
led switchbacks with fog lights.jpg

Stock Reverse
stock reverse.JPG

LED Reverse
led reverse.JPG

Next up is LED Interior Light Kit! Stay Tuned!!!
Sponsored