Dash cam

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
Hey guys and girls, I know this has been covered but I want to know if there is a dash cam that wires into the mirror or hard wired into the car electrics... I want it to be tucked away and neat. Any info would be great, thanks in advance guys.
Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Hey guys and girls, I know this has been covered but I want to know if there is a dash cam that wires into the mirror or hard wired into the car electrics... I want it to be tucked away and neat. Any info would be great, thanks in advance guys.
You can have it wired that way, pretty easy to do it yourself as wires tuck up into the roof lining easily

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual AUS
Headliner then A-pillar. Takes < 5 mins.

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys, anyone can put me onto a link or something I can check out? Also, what's a awesome cam that I can use? Want it to look like it's part of the car

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
By the way OaG_sGm, your list of mods sounds appealing... where abouts in Melbourne you from? Would love to see it in the flesh, I would be keen on doing a few of your mods...

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Thanks guys, anyone can put me onto a link or something I can check out? Also, what's a awesome cam that I can use? Want it to look like it's part of the car
Thinkware F770 front and rear is a popular choice, I have installed 3 now

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
I have the Blackvue DR650GW on my mustang but recently installed the Thinkware F770. Between the two, the Thinkware is definitely more discreet and has better video footage.

The Blackvue has more options in terms of customization (you can set the range for the shock sensors for example) but both dash cams can go into parking mode and can be hardwired into your car.

My favourite thing about the F770 is that if there was a parking mode event where it detected a shock or an "incident", it alerts you upon startup so you know to check th footage for review.

Freman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eco boost 21-10-16
My favourite thing about the F770 is that if there was a parking mode event where it detected a shock or an "incident", it alerts you upon startup so you know to check th footage for review.
Not to mention the cool Cylon LED animation you can get it to do in parking mode. :)

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
Need to change the blue LED to red LED and pretend you're knight rider! :D
Sponsored