Sponsored

Will JMS petalmax do anything after a good tune?

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Most people like to bash the pedalmax, but it works and does what it says it does.
This x 10. Money well spent for me. Will wait to see what a tune does for me before i part with it.
Sponsored

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Totally disagree with this. I have pedal max and lund flex fuel tune, but haven't tried them together. The tune did give slightly better throttle response but i can feel there is still some delay at the throttle body. I even cleaned my throttle body and using catch can.

With pedal max there was no delay but the car was way too jumpy. You have to adjust it to like 50 60% with the knob. I don't think tune can replace the functionality of the pedal max. What tune does for you is that it adjusts the throttle position, similar to sport plus mode. Pedal max on the otherhand does the same thing but somehow also makes the input signal travel faster and the throttle body opens up immediately. I m guessing it alters the frequency of the signal.
It doesnt matter if you agree or not. This product is very simple in what it does. It changes the throttle input to output ratio. So when you press the throttle down 75% your computer sees 100%. Pressing the pedal down the rest of the 25% does absolutely nothing. You can replicate what the pedalmax does by pressing the gas pedal down faster. There is no lag between the pedal, ecu, and throttlebody. The ecu doesnt care what you do with the gas pedal. It considers your pedal input, then sends a modified signal to the throttlebody. Its snake oil. Its a 20 dollar product.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Please explain how it works then
Topic has been beat to death. You're a known hater of the product for whatever reason, we get it. To say it does nothing for the throttle is flat out wrong. Myself as well as others are very pleased with it. Not interested in getting into a pissing match on a website forum, or breaking down the science behind it, just stating MY experience. Hate away...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Wrong answer. Vastly improved the driving experience for me. Throttle response on these cars is a DOG. Only time i turn it of is when my wife drives it.
You're confusing throttle response with opening the throttle more with less pedal input :lol:

Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So it's similar to someone changing the engagement point on a clutch? In that it just changes the drivers experience and the way the car behaves without really changing the end result? I'm on the side of the fence that likes a touchy gas pedal.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
So it's similar to someone changing the engagement point on a clutch? In that it just changes the drivers experience and the way the car behaves without really changing the end result? I'm on the side of the fence that likes a touchy gas pedal.
It's basically raising the throttle curve so that more power is requested at a certain point like what sport mode does but optionally even more. Yes, the end result is the same. It's not a tune no more horsepower is given.

There is definitely a market for such a product as throttle response can be
Dialed rather quickly and not reset like sport mode does on restart. Be careful though, pedal max hijacks the signal between pedal and ECU so if it fucks up you could be accelerating into a wall or not moving at all. I think there was a guy on this forums where his car wouldn't accelerate but I think it was only 1 car.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Where's the dyno graph to verify the jms pedal max does not add horse power?

Lmao

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Bruh are you serious? Does sport mode add power?
NO. That was satire for the rest of the post on this forum.

You are correct when you described the pedal max as doing the same thing as sport mode. Just not exactly the same. Sport mode only effects pedal after 18% and snow/Wet mode stop effecting the pedal at 85%.

15% is pretty much where the pedal is at idle.

Pedal max effects the entire range from 0% up to 100% which could be 0% to 75% really.

My question is does the pedal max effect idle or cold start at all?

Oh yeah just coping the sport table to the normal table makes it worst than wet/snow mode unless you modify the axis when coping the table.

Attached picture to compare modes pedal vs output is the only thing the mode changes. Normal, sport, snow/wet. This effects the transmission shifts as well if you have an auto.
Pedal modes.PNG

Sponsored

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Topic has been beat to death. You're a known hater of the product for whatever reason, we get it. To say it does nothing for the throttle is flat out wrong. Myself as well as others are very pleased with it. Not interested in getting into a pissing match on a website forum, or breaking down the science behind it, just stating MY experience. Hate away...
So you dont know how it works but you know it works

5LITERV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I have Pedal Max with BAMA tune and I love how the car feels. In sport mode the throttle is really sensitive but other than that it's really a great set up. Adding the control knob would probably help to dial in the sensitivity if you want to run it in sport mode. My previous car was a Stage 2 VW GTI with Pedal Box and it was also a great set up since the turbo cars have notorious throttle lag feel.
If your tuner can change the throttle mapping then maybe you don't need the Pedal Max. I left mine on since I already had it installed before I got the tune and was very happy with the results.

SergeyMelnik said:
It doesnt matter if you agree or not. This product is very simple in what it does. It changes the throttle input to output ratio. So when you press the throttle down 75% your computer sees 100%. Pressing the pedal down the rest of the 25% does absolutely nothing. You can replicate what the pedalmax does by pressing the gas pedal down faster. There is no lag between the pedal, ecu, and throttlebody. The ecu doesnt care what you do with the gas pedal. It considers your pedal input, then sends a modified signal to the throttlebody. Its snake oil. Its a 20 dollar product.
I agree with your explanation of how this product works but I don't agree with your conclusion that this is a snake oil. What you are missing here is how the car feels after you install this. You can get the same results by mashing your foot down but I am sorry to say the car just doesn't feel the same. There is something so rewarding about putting your foot down on the gas and getting that instant engine response feel with out having to mash it all the way down. You can call it placebo or whatever but from my experience and for most people that have this mod it is 100% worth it on how the car feels.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
If you don't own a pedal max and drive a tuned car do not even attempt to make a comment! Changing the signal magnitude is not the same as throttle position. We need an electrical engineer to chime in and explain this. I m a mechanical engineer and signal processing is beyond me!

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have Pedal Max with BAMA tune and I love how the car feels. In sport mode the throttle is really sensitive but other than that it's really a great set up. Adding the control knob would probably help to dial in the sensitivity if you want to run it in sport mode. My previous car was a Stage 2 VW GTI with Pedal Box and it was also a great set up since the turbo cars have notorious throttle lag feel.
If your tuner can change the throttle mapping then maybe you don't need the Pedal Max. I left mine on since I already had it installed before I got the tune and was very happy with the results.

I agree with your explanation of how this product works but I don't agree with your conclusion that this is a snake oil. What you are missing here is how the car feels after you install this. You can get the same results by mashing your foot down but I am sorry to say the car just doesn't feel the same. There is something so rewarding about putting your foot down on the gas and getting that instant engine response feel with out having to mash it all the way down. You can call it placebo or whatever but from my experience and for most people that have this mod it is 100% worth it on how the car feels.
Oh its not placebo, this product really works. You simply reach full throttle at 75 percent pedal press or whatever its set to. Maybe you think its placebo since youre accusing me of calling it placebo? Maybe your mind and car adjust to the much shorter pedal press and in the long run it feels like a normal pedal? There have been people who reported this. Then you say you can get the same feel by pressing your foot down faster but the car doesnt feel the same. Actually the car will feel exactly the same. And this thing is 100 percent snake oil. Their website says eliminate pedal lag. Thats a lie. Not only that theyre severely overcharging this garbage 20 dollar product.

If you don't own a pedal max and drive a tuned car do not even attempt to make a comment! Changing the signal magnitude is not the same as throttle position. We need an electrical engineer to chime in and explain this. I m a mechanical engineer and signal processing is beyond me!
It changes the throttle position relative to signal magnitude. So if you press the pedal down 20 percent your car sees 28 percent depending on the setting. There is no lag anywhere in the system. The stock 1 to 1 ratio is the closest you will get to throttle by cable feel. With the pedalmax you lose that along with pedal resolution and having a partially dead pedal.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Here we go again! :lol:Let the pissing match continue. :frusty:
I have a Lund tune and still kept my Pedal commander on. I LOVE IT! I turn it off when the wife drives though. Big difference when taking off with it on. And then add sport mode:eyebulge:
Sponsored