Sponsored

Is 500whp possible with only bolt ons

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
I bet an FBO car with stage 3 cams, CJ mani, and e85 will break 500rwhp without headwork or GT350 heads/cams. Granted the GT350 head/cam setup could be worth a bit more power. Not sure if it would be worth the cost though. It's probably cheaper to port the stock heads and get custom cams.
ported heads, custom spec cams, CJ manifold, longtubes, e85, will be my plan. Make the car run as deep into the 10s as i can then once it runs 10s itll "earn" its boost. Id like to do paxton once the foundation is down making 500 whp minimum.

Paxton or Vortech would be great at piddly boost without having to change the intake or anything.

X2 onthe cost of running voodoo heads and ordering the correct cams to make it work i dont think its worth it vs ported coyote heads and custom spec cams.
Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I bet an FBO car with stage 3 cams, CJ mani, and e85 will break 500rwhp without headwork or GT350 heads/cams. Granted the GT350 head/cam setup could be worth a bit more power. Not sure if it would be worth the cost though. It's probably cheaper to port the stock heads and get custom cams.
Show me one. I haven't seen any S550's with bolt ons, cams, and E85 break that mark. I've seen a couple dyno charts with these mods, and none were that high.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I made 490 on our old dynocom, just FBO. Then after the top end build and cams, I made 490 @ 8,600 RPM in 4th gear on our new Mustang MD-250. We couldn't pull in 5th gear, because we would overspeed the dyno with the extra RPM.

I just wrapped up the gear swap and deleted the cats, so we'll see what it can do on 93 and a 1:1 pull.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I would love to put my car on that dyno.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Show me one. I haven't seen any S550's with bolt ons, cams, and E85 break that mark. I've seen a couple dyno charts with these mods, and none were that high.
I said "I bet" not I have a dyno sheet of exactly that set up. Dominant1 has an FBO car with a gt350 IM and the stage 3 cams on 93 and made 477whp on a dynojet SAE with an auto. Change that to e85 and a CJ IM, and you have 500whp in my opinion. Not to mention if its a manual. I would like to see some dyno sheets of s550 FBO CJ cars on e85. Hope they have decent tuners.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
The gen 2 motor won't hit 500, but the gen 3 2018 motor might have a really good/ easy path to 500+ with bolt ons.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
that livernois article is fullretard max effort na build with 13:1 compression......

the last engine labs article is one i keep looking back on the infinity seems to be worth using if doing an all out NA build. Also that article uses custom grind comp cams.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
My setup isn't too far off the engine labs build, but you don't need the AEM on the 15+ cars. We're turning up 9k on locked out comp custom grinds (MMR stage 2) with the stock PCM

I plan on going full retard towards the end of the year with a full high comp engine build and a 200 shot direct port system on a progressive controller.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
that livernois article is fullretard max effort na build with 13:1 compression......

the last engine labs article is one i keep looking back on the infinity seems to be worth using if doing an all out NA build. Also that article uses custom grind comp cams.
Just a few examples what can be done.

This is what I got with my setup last time. Mod list in my sign. This reads a bit high as for RWHP but we had to use 3rd gear on my 3.15
auto as the 4th would spin my winter tires above the speed index(270khp). 6R80 does not have any gear with 1:1 ratio and 3rd comes at
1.52 and your readings will be a bit high.

I should be able to install comp cams in month or two and hopefully I can dyno my car on summer tires already which are rated to 300kph.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I said "I bet" not I have a dyno sheet of exactly that set up. Dominant1 has an FBO car with a gt350 IM and the stage 3 cams on 93 and made 477whp on a dynojet SAE with an auto. Change that to e85 and a CJ IM, and you have 500whp in my opinion. Not to mention if its a manual. I would like to see some dyno sheets of s550 FBO CJ cars on e85. Hope they have decent tuners.
Yeah, I still haven't seen any good dyno sheets with cams. I'm not sure if that's because nobody is doing it, or the results haven't been good and there are issues. Who knows.

My setup isn't too far off the engine labs build, but you don't need the AEM on the 15+ cars. We're turning up 9k on locked out comp custom grinds (MMR stage 2) with the stock PCM

I plan on going full retard towards the end of the year with a full high comp engine build and a 200 shot direct port system on a progressive controller.
That 200 shot sounds fun!

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Yeah, I still haven't seen any good dyno sheets with cams. I'm not sure if that's because nobody is doing it, or the results haven't been good and there are issues. Who knows.

I can provide one in a few days of mine laid over the stock pull of a GT and a GT 350 to compare how each makes power. Hopefully midway through this coming week.

Forewarning, my car makes no torque, lol.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Wouldn't porting the heads increase the volume of the combustion chamber, resulting in smaller compression ratio? You can add more fuel and air mixture as an advantage due to total available volume increasing,but, can you change the length of piston rods to accommodate the compression ratio? Will increasing the piston rod lengths cause more strain on the crank shaft with added weight? So how about lighter material rods and piston heads and keep the same compression ratio?

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Wouldn't porting the heads increase the volume of the combustion chamber, resulting in smaller compression ratio? You can add more fuel and air mixture as an advantage due to total available volume increasing,but, can you change the length of piston rods to accommodate the compression ratio? Will increasing the piston rod lengths cause more strain on the crank shaft with added weight? So how about lighter material rods and piston heads and keep the same compression ratio?
No because combustion occurs with valves closed so why on earth would you ever add intake/exhaust channels CC to combustion chamber?

Why no lighter rods/pistons? Cuz this would require stripping the engine down not to mention of "internal balancing"...

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT

I'm leaning to shitty results.
Sponsored