Sponsored

VMP stage 2 or Paxton beefcake stage 2

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Are you saying an 850whp Whipple car only makes low 500's for torque?
:confused: Uh, no. I said comparable, and what I had available for direct comparison was a car that made comparable numbers in the typical rev range. A 12 psi whipple vs a 15 PSI centri car both on E and tuned by lund, dyno'd on the same dyno, same day. Granted, the centri car in this comparison will make more peak HP and TQ just by nature, I compared the meat of the powerband, where the whipple would inherently make more average boost.

The whipple peaked at nearly 580ft/lb (which I stated) which is no slouch. If I wasn't such a centri fan boy I wouldn't hesitate to run a PD blower.

OP, if you are worried about a lazy centri car, run the 3.33 pulley on a wastegate and gate it wherever your fuel or comfort level demands.
Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
This is my first Centri car having owned 3 roots or Whipple cars (still own a Whipple Cobra). The misconception of a centri being soft down low is pretty funny to me every time I read it. My car is an absolute monster, even on 93 octane. I guarantee you will not "have to wring the car out" to have a blast on the street with the Paxton. These Coyote motors love boost, period. The nut swinging, I bought "insert blower here" and its the best one is the definition of bias. You cannot lose with any of the popular blowers.

Sp33dyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 competition orange
it all depends on what you want from the vehicle.

my setup makes 580-610 torque at the wheels from 3400-7000 rpm at only 11.6 psi with 800+ whp

my whipple does great for such a use-able power band. TVS are even better at low-mid torque.

if you want crazy top end pull centri 12-16+ (generally) psi to make a 800+ whp car.

the torque that a properly setup turbo car makes is another thread. once the turbo spools as long as traction is avail. but thats another thread.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
[MENTION=28144]smann[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17656]higdominator[/MENTION] you guys are making the Paxton look good, the Paxton is sexier for sure, I'm concerned with having a lazy feeling auto car until it's screaming, but that seems to not be the case going by what you're saying, I totally appreciate the input guys.
I would go with the whipple because it looks great and you don't have the BOV. I have a paxton with a auto and it has more than enough low end. even with the stock stall is would roast the tires in 1st and second. If I were to do it over again I would go with the whipple and keep the stock stall. I also hear the whipple tune has great drivability. If you are not taking it to the track the whipple stage one is more than enough.
Sponsored