Sponsored

Supercharger Feedback... Share your opinions :)

SAL08HO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium
Hello Guys I am a new member but also been lurking around for a while ... I picked up a 2017 GT Premium A6 about a month or so now and have done couple mods E85 tune, ARH long tubes, Borla catback !! Very happy with the Stang but since I have owned many boosted cars I'm ready to step up lol !! I have done some searching and got some good knowledge on these chargers but I still have some questions to ask lol ...

Narrow it down to Whipple or VMP and would like some owners to give some feedback on them ... but haven't ruled out Paxton option as well..drivability and reliability would be my main concern , I know OPG and CG are a must but how many have been logging some miles without the upgrade? How much boost are most pushing on these coyotes? Thanks for the help guys !!
Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
go turbo.

OP
OP
SAL08HO

SAL08HO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium
go turbo.
:D Yea owned many of those , but since I'm not looking to be the fastest at the Track I'm leaning SC !! I have to say these TT setups are nasty at the track that's for sure !!

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Hello Guys I am a new member but also been lurking around for a while ... I picked up a 2017 GT Premium A6 about a month or so now and have done couple mods E85 tune, ARH long tubes, Borla catback !! Very happy with the Stang but since I have owned many boosted cars I'm ready to step up lol !! I have done some searching and got some good knowledge on these chargers but I still have some questions to ask lol ...

Narrow it down to Whipple or VMP and would like some owners to give some feedback on them ... but haven't ruled out Paxton option as well..drivability and reliability would be my main concern , I know OPG and CG are a must but how many have been logging some miles without the upgrade? How much boost are most pushing on these coyotes? Thanks for the help guys !!
I am assuming you haven't searched or read any other posts on the forum? Just wondering before someone even more cruel than me comes along to skin you alive...

to answer your Q though: all are great, have you defined your goals? all of them have great driveability. OPG is a must, anyone who says otherwise likes to play roulette. Plenty of folks don't have them, but just ask yourself "what would i do if mine goes nuclear?" can you afford a new motor? 9-15 psi is the range you will find.
search.JPG

OP
OP
SAL08HO

SAL08HO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium
I am assuming you haven't searched or read any other posts on the forum? Just wondering before someone even more cruel than me comes along to skin you alive...

to answer your Q though: all are great, have you defined your goals? all of them have great driveability. OPG is a must, anyone who says otherwise likes to play roulette. Plenty of folks don't have them, but just ask yourself "what would i do if mine goes nuclear?" can you afford a new motor? 9-15 psi is the range you will find.
lol I knew that was coming ... I did research but not many folks share their feedback on drivability, reliability and etc .., most you find is HP numbers and dyno sheets.. ;)

Reason for my question as for the OPG upgrade , I hear of more pro chargers failures over TS setups , but indeed I do agree that it's a roulette game , just want to get an idea on what to do first ... goals are simple , 600whp + reliable set up is what I'm looking for at this point ! Thanks for the response, not looking to be skinned just want to hear some customers feedback on their setups , if you like to chime in great if not no biggie :)

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Drivability and reliability are in the tune... The PC failure comment is a bit funny though.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
From what I can tell:
- Whipple: fast, whine, and a great standard tune with throttle management
- VMP Gen IIR: great package and supported directly by a Mustang tuner; think you have to modify the block a little bit but I could be wrong
- Paxton/Vortec: midrange power, bigger intercooler of the centri's, no stress on crank; added weight is centered in the car unlike Procharger
- Procharger: least invasive of them all, adds stress to crank but arguably negligible, installation can be done by a 12 year old it seems like

What I've posted could be entirely wrong... just what I've found. If I had the money I'd have a Paxton or a single turbo on a lower boost to target about 550HP, keep cool, and give me a power band I want for a road course. Could care less about max power and drag strip stuff.

OP
OP
SAL08HO

SAL08HO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium
From what I can tell:
- Whipple: fast, whine, and a great standard tune with throttle management
- VMP Gen IIR: great package and supported directly by a Mustang tuner; think you have to modify the block a little bit but I could be wrong
- Paxton/Vortec: midrange power, bigger intercooler of the centri's, no stress on crank; added weight is centered in the car unlike Procharger
- Procharger: least invasive of them all, adds stress to crank but arguably negligible, installation can be done by a 12 year old it seems like

What I've posted could be entirely wrong... just what I've found. If I had the money I'd have a Paxton or a single turbo on a lower boost to target about 550HP, keep cool, and give me a power band I want for a road course. Could care less about max power and drag strip stuff.
Lol about the same info I got so far ... thanks guys

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am in the same boat. I would like to hear what people like and don't like about the supercharger that the have picked. I am leaning toward the paxton due to potential, weight and price. I like the whipple but the install is worse and I think it weighs a bit more. I don't like the VMP because you have to grind on the block. I am also looking into the new procharger.

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
Easiest to put the car back to stock is the ProCharger. If I had to do it all over would have gone TT. If I end up keeping the car will sell the ProCharger and go with a TT setup.

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I am in the same boat. I would like to hear what people like and don't like about the supercharger that the have picked. I am leaning toward the paxton due to potential, weight and price. I like the whipple but the install is worse and I think it weighs a bit more. I don't like the VMP because you have to grind on the block. I am also looking into the new procharger.
I honestly don't have any complaints with the PC to give to you, it has performed great and given me no issues. I have a 2.3 Whipple on my Cobra and had the same setup before and those blowers are great as well. This has been said 1000 times but you cannot go wrong with the Whipple/TVS/Paxton (VT)/PC/KB. They all do what they are supposed to. Pick whatever floats your boat and enjoy.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I am also looking into the new procharger.
^^^^ This

This will probably turn into a bitch bashing post....so let me get my two cents in before all that starts. All the choices are great..all have there pro's and con's. I have nothing to compare to since this is my first supercharged car...i was a nitrous guy before so that is really the only thing I can compare to.
The Centri (Procharger for me) drives like a NA car around town, on highway, etc. Depending on head selection you would not even know the car is supercharged, I have the quieter helical gears and car is in stealth mode...which is how I wanted it. My 12 year old daughter helped with the install and could have probably done it by herself...:) j/k... but it is easy and very straight forward. That was a big reason for the choice I made and for the fact I could take off and go back, for whatever reason, if I choose to. I love the smooth delivery of power the centri gives and the power gains I have accomplished.
IMO the added crankshaft load is BS and as far as I've seen most OP failures were on Whipple cars ... I might be wrong on that.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The crank point is about the crank itself having an issue, not the OPG as primary failure. But... like I said, probably negligible.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
whatever power adder someone has is what they are going to recommend and say is the best lol. because everyone wants to believe they have the best..

that said, there really isn't a best, there is what you want , how you drive, etc..

all the kits will do a good job for you we have them all available!!! hit us up

www.teambeefcakeracing.com

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
For supercharger, Whipple hands down. Although they are all pretty nice set ups. However, if I was starting over now, i'd go TT for sure.
Sponsored