Sponsored

Where to get S550 aftermarket parts in Canada?

SteveTheStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue LE #825 AT PP
Easy Canadian Online mailorder company

I've done a few transactions with TDotPerformance.ca. Free shipping almost anywhere in Canada, 2-4 days from order to delivery. They'll tell you right at order point if they have the item in stock and where it's coming from. Pick up the phone and ask them for a discount. I've always got between 5 to 10% more off by calling to order.

The largest item I bought was my Corsa Sport Catback exhaust system from these guys. I checked pricing with delivery and US to CDN exchange rate with 3 of the main US vendors and TDotPerformance.ca was CHEAPER and much quicker to deliver

NO complaints here!
Sponsored

SteveTheStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue LE #825 AT PP
I've looked at Steeda.ca and I find their pricing to be very expensive! Take a look at the Steeda jacking rails as an example. US price is $139 US (anywhere), convert to CDN 139*1.35 = $187 We should expect to be paying a Canadian Vendor approx. $189 for this item. Steeda.ca is charging $277 What's up with that???

I have checked Steeda.ca several times and have found the same thing. REALLY HIGH pricing

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
I've looked at Steeda.ca and I find their pricing to be very expensive! Take a look at the Steeda jacking rails as an example. US price is $139 US (anywhere), convert to CDN 139*1.35 = $187 We should expect to be paying a Canadian Vendor approx. $189 for this item. Steeda.ca is charging $277 What's up with that???

I have checked Steeda.ca several times and have found the same thing. REALLY HIGH pricing
Based on my experiences alone, I'd guess that Steeda.ca orders from Steeda.com on an "on-demand" basis. Their CDN prices probably include shipping to them from Steeda.com from the US, plus the exchange rate and then some.

OP
OP
raycer

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I've done a few transactions with TDotPerformance.ca. Free shipping almost anywhere in Canada, 2-4 days from order to delivery. They'll tell you right at order point if they have the item in stock and where it's coming from. Pick up the phone and ask them for a discount. I've always got between 5 to 10% more off by calling to order.

The largest item I bought was my Corsa Sport Catback exhaust system from these guys. I checked pricing with delivery and US to CDN exchange rate with 3 of the main US vendors and TDotPerformance.ca was CHEAPER and much quicker to deliver

NO complaints here!
TDot is the best one I have found for exhaust. There prices on Magnaflow are better than US. I will keep them on my favourites list for now. Thanks

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have a great new feature on our site that will allow you to view our dealers:

https://www.steeda.com/dealers

Additionally - we also ship to Canada & offer forum discounts.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Word of advice and listen up all you American vendors. Free shipping to Canada is great, but if you use UPS or FedEx, you will pay brokerage fees. UPS is insane what you pay. I never use UPS across the border.

Those that have, feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
Word of advice and listen up all you American vendors. Free shipping to Canada is great, but if you use UPS or FedEx, you will pay brokerage fees. UPS is insane what you pay. I never use UPS across the border.

Those that have, feel free to chime in with your thoughts.
i have had the opposite experience... fedex is brutal for me, but it feels like it's becoming the only international shipping option for the places i want to buy from, and no one wants to do USPS with the reasons given as 1)too much paperwork and 2)making an insurance claim for loss or damage is too much hassle :(

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
What kind of parts are you looking for?

OP
OP
raycer

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What kind of parts are you looking for?
Exhaust for now. Still deciding on starting with just an h pipe or just getting Catback. Would like to do a tuner but worried about warranty for now.
I want to get rid of the prop rod and sound tube . I'm sure it will be never ending.

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
In my personal experience, even with the high dollar exchange rate and duties and shipping, it is still better to buy from the US. Plus we dont have shit in canada anyways. I recommend stackery, you can ship all your parts there and once bundled ship them to canada its a big saving. For exhaust I got mine from hotexhaust.com they have a warehouse in canada and paid in CAD plus free shipping so it was much less than ordering from the US

Sponsored

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
steeda.ca's website is horrendous. They have this thing on the front page saying it's being rebuilt but that's been there for a long-g-g-g time. My experience there wasn't stellar, it was OK but just didn't get the sense they wanted the business.
Same here.

I would get one or at the most two product pages in and it would do some weird loop back to another page thing or just not work. Wasn't my computer as it would do it on my work computer and my old laptop:crazy:

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
The new Steeda.ca web page works just fine for me:thumbsup:
Now the prices still are over the top and oh ya....the wait :kickrock: :frusty:
I ordered rails from them and it stopped me from buying anything more. Try mustang direct, free shipping on orders over $100. Canadian....not US

:cheers:

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Exhaust for now. Still deciding on starting with just an h pipe or just getting Catback. Would like to do a tuner but worried about warranty for now.
I want to get rid of the prop rod and sound tube . I'm sure it will be never ending.
Msg me on instagram @6ikh_5oh

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
The new Steeda.ca web page works just fine for me:thumbsup:
Now the prices still are over the top and oh ya....the wait :kickrock: :frusty:
I ordered rails from them and it stopped me from buying anything more. Try mustang direct, free shipping on orders over $100. Canadian....not US

:cheers:
Yeah, their new site is way better, pages load quickly and it pretty much solves my comment as far as their website issues go.

Mustang Direct looks interesting, though they don't let you select a year/body style for your car so you have to wade through 8 pages looking for a set of struts/shocks for an S550. But it looks good other than that.

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, their new site is way better, pages load quickly and it pretty much solves my comment as far as their website issues go.

Mustang Direct looks interesting, though they don't let you select a year/body style for your car so you have to wade through 8 pages looking for a set of struts/shocks for an S550. But it looks good other than that.
What I do is ill go bye, call or email them with what I'm looking for and they will let you know if it's stock or not, or if they have the product you are looking for. He sells almost all the brands you can think of and is very responsive with email, especially in the winter months when not much is going on. :thumbsup:
Sponsored