Help! Need MBRP help

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
OK, guys. I hate to have to ask, but I need help. I'm installing a MBRP Street Stainless on a 2015 GT and I'm having trouble getting the tips to line up. I have been wrestling this system for two days. No matter how well I get them aligned, as soon as I tighten the clamps, both tips get pushed to the outside and make contact with the valence. I have rotated the pipes to every position I can to no avail. Have any of you had this problem? Any ideas?
Sponsored

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Didn't have any major issue getting mine pretty straight and even.

I would recommend having a jack or tranny jack underneath the H pipe area to keep it up. Have all the clamps slightly loose and start to align it and adjust it correctly. You can start from the tips forward or H pipe back. Start tightening everything down. It should stay.

OP
OP

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
I have tried jacking it and not jacking it. As soon as I tighten the clamps, both pipes move toward the outside. Guess I will try to get some physical help to hold them while I tighten. I'm about ready to fire up the torch.

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
I read elsewhere on here where someone had a similar problem and it was because the X-pipe was upside down even though the directions mentioned nothing about orientation. Evidently they're not symmetrical or flat.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
OK, guys. I hate to have to ask, but I need help. I'm installing a MBRP Street Stainless on a 2015 GT and I'm having trouble getting the tips to line up. I have been wrestling this system for two days. No matter how well I get them aligned, as soon as I tighten the clamps, both tips get pushed to the outside and make contact with the valence. I have rotated the pipes to every position I can to no avail. Have any of you had this problem? Any ideas?
I had the same issue with the my right tip it is barely noticeable and it is touching the valence but I didn't fix it and touching the valence is fine it does not get hot enough to melt the plastic. I don't know how bad it is for you though without pictures.

Sponsored

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Loosen all your connections and jack up the rear of the H Pipe (put a towel or something soft over the jacking point), then tighten. You may have to rotate the rear sections to get them into place. This helped me keep the tips up high in the valence and haven't moved since. 1.5 years 16,000 Miles.

:thumbsup:

OP
OP

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
Thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it.

OP
OP

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
I read elsewhere on here where someone had a similar problem and it was because the X-pipe was upside down even though the directions mentioned nothing about orientation. Evidently they're not symmetrical or flat.
My instructions say to install the mid pipe with the flat braces toward the ground. If I can't get it any other way, I'll try turning it over.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Problem I had with mine on the first go around was the tips wouldn't line up worth a damn and I noticed that the midsection HPipe was twisted to one side, it has to be level, and support it at the rear while you install the axle back pieces.
Sponsored