AWE Touring Catback Installation

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
This video sounds a bit louder than other ones I have heard. Maybe because of the long tubes? Thanks much for the video!
Definitely the headers, i noticed a teeeeeeeeny bit of raspy added in the video also - I added cat deletes, and experienced the same thing. I think these may do a better job of killing cabin noise and all drone
Sponsored

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
What are the somewhat larger diameter, polished pieces immediately behind the H-pipe? What do they do? They don't look like just pipes.

I already have an H-pipe, so I'm considering the axle back. Finding out what these pieces (which won't be on an axle back w/ H-pipe setup) do will be key to my decision...

I've asked on another thread, but haven't had an answer. Has anyone paired the AWE axle backs with an existing H-pipe?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They are inline, straight-through resonators (like Dynomax, Vibrant, etc.). They will tame rasp and some knock the volume down a bit.

Sponsored

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Pleasure meeting you, SB! Hope you enjoyed your time here and we're glad you're loving the CBE. If you need us, you know where we live :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
They are inline, straight-through resonators (like Dynomax, Vibrant, etc.). They will tame rasp and some knock the volume down a bit.

So am I'm correct in assuming the axle back with an H-pipe will not sound the same as the cat back? It will be louder and raspier?

OP
OP
Sbloom5_0

Sbloom5_0

GTFO_0012
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This video sounds a bit louder than other ones I have heard. Maybe because of the long tubes? Thanks much for the video!
Yes I think the headers turn up the volume a little bit! But still amazing sound with no drone.

OP
OP
Sbloom5_0

Sbloom5_0

GTFO_0012
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What are the somewhat larger diameter, polished pieces immediately behind the H-pipe? What do they do? They don't look like just pipes.

I already have an H-pipe, so I'm considering the axle back. Finding out what these pieces (which won't be on an axle back w/ H-pipe setup) do will be key to my decision...

I've asked on another thread, but haven't had an answer. Has anyone paired the AWE axle backs with an existing H-pipe?
yes they are resonators. Will most likely experience more rasp without them. Don't know for sure though.

OP
OP
Sbloom5_0

Sbloom5_0

GTFO_0012
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Pleasure meeting you, SB! Hope your enjoyed your time here and we're glad you're loving the CBE. If you need us, you know where we live :thumbsup:
Josh it was a pleasure meeting you and some of the AWE team! Thanks for showing me around the place. I was awesome to see the process.

Sponsored

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
I was in AWE today to talk about this exhaust.
Hey, Jeff! Seems I didn't notice a red GT outside, but now I know who Mr. Voss was speaking with (he's the best). We will have to formally meet next time you're in, but for now, nice to e-meet you :cheers:

OP
OP
Sbloom5_0

Sbloom5_0

GTFO_0012
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey, Jeff! Seems I didn't notice a red GT outside, but now I know who Mr. Voss was speaking with (he's the best). We will have to formally meet next time you're in, but for now, nice to e-meet you :cheers:
Josh he is local. Going to try to meet up with Jeff and let him hear my car in person. I think he will be very impressed.

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Josh he is local. Going to try to meet up with Jeff and let him hear my car in person. I think he will be very impressed.
You're quite the nice fella. :cheers:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So am I'm correct in assuming the axle back with an H-pipe will not sound the same as the cat back? It will be louder and raspier?
Probably, yes.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Hey Josh, yes he was a blast to talk to. The best looking shop I have ever laid eyes on :cheers:

I'm into the twisties, so he plenty of good information to share
Sponsored