OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION] - is there a reason why you didn't import the BF Goodrich tyres (G Force Comp 2 AS)?

Have been seriously considering these these based on the feedback and reviews, I should be able to get them landed in AU for about $1,100 AUD.
I gave up because I was able to get these at a reasonable price. Please note, a mate of mine has secured an even better deal in Sydney... PM me for details. :eyebulge:
Sponsored

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Project 6GR Vogtland BORLA Mustang GT

Well fitted up the Project 6GR Wheels in Satin Black 20x10 Fronts & 20x11 Rears and fitted up 295/35/20 & 275/35/20 Conti Sport Contact P5s on the big girl. You can run a bigger rear if you want to.

Will have plenty of the Project 6GR wheels in stock around Mid March.

If you are after a Tough looking wheel these are it.

Perfect fitment.

Flow Formed light and super strong.

Available in staggered fitments and square setups. If you are wanting square setups order now. If you are after a super good deal pre order now! before the shipment leaves.

Work out the cost if you buy these in the USA the current price is USD$1860 plus bank conversion of .73 approx. = AUD$2547 + Freight Air $700 approx. + s/duty 5% + 10% GST = AUD$3750. (They are not duty exempt as they are not manufactured in the USA)

We will be doing these at just $2950 (20"Dia) in the first shipment for members of this Forum and for members of the S550 Ford Mustang Owners Australia Facebook site. Please tell us that you are members either on here or the S550 FMOA

I will have the car at the All Ford Day in Geelong this coming Sunday 19th Feb if you want to check them out.

Call me on 03 9553 6915 or email [email protected]

Cheers Fred
Pic 16 Side Shot.jpg
Pic 9 Top.jpg
Pic 12 RH Side Front.jpg
Pic 17 Side Shot.jpg
Pic 1 Rear.jpg
Pic 10 Rear RH Slope.jpg
Pic 11 Rear RH Slope.jpg
Pic 15 RH Side Front.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome Fred!

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
About a week ago I fitted Cooper RS3-A tyres to my ecoboost as replacements for the original Pirelli PZeros.
The 'A' is for all weather. They make an 'S' (sports) version, I'm not sure if it's available in Australia, but I wanted the all-weather due to the high rainfall and slippery roads around where I live. Mine is an everyday drive.
I have had Coopers on two previous vehicles (one current) and found them to be good performing tyres. particularly when it comes to tyre life. I got 70K on a set fitted to a Forester GT.
I knew I was going to get long life from the Coopers on the Mustang but I was preparing myself for a downside in grip and road noise. I needn't have worried - the Coopers grip just fine and have the same noise levels ( to my hearing) as the Pirellis. The main difference I experience is a more assured road feel, probably due to the stronger walls on the Coopers. I also get a more comfortable and compliant ride.
Unless you're a professional driver all this stuff is subjective, particularly when you're not testing them side by side, but this is the experience I'm feeling.
The previous week I tested the Pirellis on the track at Winton and found them to be excellent at the extremes - I have not tested the Coopers like this so I cannot do the full comparison. I have a bit of tread left in the Pirellis so I've kept them to sacrifice at the track another day.
I've driven the Coopers in the wet once and they felt surefooted, but I want to give them a full work out before I pass final judgement.
You pay around $350 each for the Coopers and at this stage I can say they are outstanding value - even without the extra life they offer. The Pirellis were good for about 30K.
I'll update this in a few months. Just ask if you want to see pics of them fitted.

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
Update on Cooper RS3A's.
Really liking these tyres. I've done 1500k on them and they have lost the slick surface and gripping very well. No worries in the wet. No balancing problems. I'm hoping to get 40K + from them.
Sponsored