Sponsored

Cobra Jet intake install

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
How do you get the intake to fit under stock hood?
Sponsored

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
How much better is the CJ vs the boss intake? Or should I say is the boss worth doing over the stock intake? Had someone who is a close friend to a tuner in jax fl here that's well known for tuning coyotes tell me people are ditching the boss for the stock intake

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Wouldn't switching to a cobra jet hood is a better option than lowering the engine?

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
How much better is the CJ vs the boss intake? Or should I say is the boss worth doing over the stock intake? Had someone who is a close friend to a tuner in jax fl here that's well known for tuning coyotes tell me people are ditching the boss for the stock intake
I wouldn't bother with the Boss intake when the GT350 and CJ exist. Stock is better too, IMO.

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The cobra jet is definitely better overall it gains power throughout the entire band vs the boss. CJ is essentially an improved boss manifold. I had a boss on my 2013 and honestly it was the best bolt on mod I had ever done to a na car. Gains are easily felt (from 6000-8000 it just screamed) and I never felt any low end torque loss and my car was a 3.31 car. I went from seeing 44lbs/min on the stock manifold to 51lbs/min with the boss manifold which is a huge airflow gain.

Most people hating on the boss manifold have never owned one. Properly tuned it is comparable to a GT350 manifold but it has slightly better power past 7200 it doesn't fall off as fast. It also costs half as much as a GT350 manifold.

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Most people agree that the boss is primarily a boosted manifold now. With the gt350 coming out most people on 15+ are opting for gt350 manifold and much more rpm.

Anyone interested in a brand new stock gt500 throttle body? I was able to source a vmp twin throttle body for cheap.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
Who else is running a monoblade

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Well Finally got my car tuned and everything installed. Made pretty good power for being an Auto at 7000+ Feet DA. Ill have to get the graph from my tuner later on.

My car made 448HP/409TQ Through the Auto Corrected. Car is completely different car. Car starts pulling like a freight train 5500+ RPM doesn't stop until 7800+ when it shifts. Graph is flat and linear from 5500/6000 RPM and just climbs!

Id recommend cobra jet for anyone looking for a nice NA setup!

Sponsored

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
Well Finally got my car tuned and everything installed. Made pretty good power for being an Auto at 7000+ Feet DA. Ill have to get the graph from my tuner later on.

My car made 448HP/409TQ Through the Auto Corrected. Car is completely different car. Car starts pulling like a freight train 5500+ RPM doesn't stop until 7800+ when it shifts. Graph is flat and linear from 5500/6000 RPM and just climbs!

Id recommend cobra jet for anyone looking for a nice NA setup!
Dyno chart and mod list please. Finally a setup that doesnt suck ass on the TQ side.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Dyno chart and mod list please. Finally a setup that doesnt suck ass on the TQ side.
This! From all the dyno's i ve seen, cobra jet gives the best torque even running on 93 octane! This setup with 3.73's would be deadly on a road coarse. We need a gt350tp vs cj fbo gtpp with ford racing track handling package road coarse comparison!!! With the same rubbers on both cars, i bet gt can take the cake!

CeleronXXX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
The cobra jet is definitely better overall it gains power throughout the entire band vs the boss. CJ is essentially an improved boss manifold. I had a boss on my 2013 and honestly it was the best bolt on mod I had ever done to a na car. Gains are easily felt (from 6000-8000 it just screamed) and I never felt any low end torque loss and my car was a 3.31 car. I went from seeing 44lbs/min on the stock manifold to 51lbs/min with the boss manifold which is a huge airflow gain.

Most people hating on the boss manifold have never owned one. Properly tuned it is comparable to a GT350 manifold but it has slightly better power past 7200 it doesn't fall off as fast. It also costs half as much as a GT350 manifold.
People are definitely sleeping on the boss manifold as a worthwhile mod on an S550. I decided to get one because I plan to boost eventually but now that I've got it ported and tuned I would have went this route anyway. Thing absolutely screams. Pulls 52 to 53 lb/min consistently. My favorite mod so far.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
installing mine june 9th.. will post some results once it gets on the dyno.

for the time being going to be running a base line tune

any install tips when not not using the boss install kit?
Sponsored