Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
This is an update for those wanting to purchase this unit singularly. Tomorrow marks week 5 for me waiting on the seller to ship me the unit. This is the same guy Patrick used for his group buys. Here is his message to me yesterday when I demanded a refund.

"hi friend
you friend buy 18unit.I all send to he.about 9000$ .I am a honest sell.today the navi take away for another seller. tomorrow I wait for the product line. I must take the navi send to you.pls trust me.thank you"

To me, i feel like the group buy is the way to go, because I am not being treated equally. I am not ranting, I just want those who have not yet purchased to know what to expect if you buy outside of a group.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
This is an update for those wanting to purchase this unit singularly. Tomorrow marks week 5 for me waiting on the seller to ship me the unit. This is the same guy Patrick used for his group buys. Here is his message to me yesterday when I demanded a refund.

"hi friend
you friend buy 18unit.I all send to he.about 9000$ .I am a honest sell.today the navi take away for another seller. tomorrow I wait for the product line. I must take the navi send to you.pls trust me.thank you"

To me, i feel like the group buy is the way to go, because I am not being treated equally. I am not ranting, I just want those who have not yet purchased to know what to expect if you buy outside of a group.

PM me your first and last name, and whatever email address you use to contact him.

I'm also working on an alternative source to purchase these in the future.

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
As Built Data to add track mode to base GT Manual without PP and with Tesla HU

720-06-01 7C6F 0664 981B
760-02-02 0200 329F

AC still turns on full blast every time you change but you can simply change the settings until someone figures out how to disable that.

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I just spent some time putting up pictures of all the cables and electronics on to the wiki. As we learn more about these cables, we can document the connections/wires as necessary. Hope to get the Premium cables in next week and I'll add those to the cables page.

I also bought a USB adapter converter set on Amazon, so I can test if the one USB connection in the car in fact gives access to both the front console and armrest connections through a hub somewhere or if we need to use the separate USB cable that hopefully will also get sent to those with a Premium car.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, I have just sent Patrick a PM. I'll keep everyone on track on this one. Let me know what we want/need from the manufacture and I will do the proposal.

My understanding so far (and correct me if I am wrong) is that we want:
- a better deal
- source of the platform
- more explanation on some unknown settings?

Here, I have translated it in MS paint. Hope you can read my terrible red fonts. :crazy:

[MENTION=28720]RVK[/MENTION] you may wanna update, WHITE wire is front camera power, White with black stripe is side camera power.

Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
List of group buy:

@2017PPGT => Confirmed/Pending
@try714 => Confirmed/Pending
@jmm042 => Confirmed
@elpatronvega => Confirmed
@cvaughn1084 => Confirmed
@darksides550 => Pending
@Arrio => Confirmed/Pending

This group buy will end Tomorrow before/at Midnight. :gossip: Please send your confirmation by PM for the rest of you who didn't.

Thanks!:cheers:

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Patrick, this seems to be a must add on, how did you route the camera through to the inside? Did you have to drill into the firewall? Can you post the camera you installed, and give us a picture?

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@RVK you may wanna update, WHITE wire is front camera power, White with black stripe is side camera power.
Thanks, never even realized they had stripes. I updated the wiki, but are you sure you don't have them flipped in your explanation? Looking at the cable and the translation by Arrio, it seems the front camera power wire has the stripe, not the side camera power (in my photo, the one closest to the white RCA has the stripe).

Also, totally agree with Drivinglesson, would love to know which cam you ended up buying and how you installed it (where you drilled, how you fastened it, and how you ran the cable).

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patrick, this seems to be a must add on, how did you route the camera through to the inside? Did you have to drill into the firewall? Can you post the camera you installed, and give us a picture?

Thanks, never even realized they had stripes. I updated the wiki, but are you sure you don't have them flipped in your explanation? Looking at the cable and the translation by Arrio, it seems the front camera power wire has the stripe, not the side camera power (in my photo, the one closest to the white RCA has the stripe).

Also, totally agree with Drivinglesson, would love to know which cam you ended up buying and how you installed it (where you drilled, how you fastened it, and how you ran the cable).
The wire closest to the RCA cable in the picture does not have a stripe. Lool closely where the next wire overlaps the label of that wire, and you'll see the edge of a stripe.

This is the camera I ordered. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C58TW12/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_b9Wh3uxZSVPPq

There is a grommet behind the ABS module on the driver's side that pops right out to facilitate cutting a hole in it. I mounted the cam at the top of the lower grille.

Sponsored

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wire closest to the RCA cable in the picture does not have a stripe. Lool closely where the next wire overlaps the label of that wire, and you'll see the edge of a stripe.
The text on the labels on those two wires is different, I'm 100% sure that the one closest to the RCA in my photo has the black stripe, going from the Chinese on the label.

This is the camera I ordered. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C58TW12/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_b9Wh3uxZSVPPq

There is a grommet behind the ABS module on the driver's side that pops right out to facilitate cutting a hole in it. I mounted the cam at the top of the lower grille.
Thanks for the link. I think I understand some of those words :) any chance you could snap a pic (no rush)?

Focuztyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
In the process of installing this, finally but I'm kinda stuck on the wires. I looked at the wiki install page but I can't tell from the pics cuz there's so many damn cables here! Is there an SOS hotline phone number if someone that has installed this and can help me out.

Also, what holds the pink system box in? I lost track of the thread at page 72; and now we're at 125. Thanks

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's pretty awesome. Is there a setting somewhere in the unit for the front cam to come on automatically at low speeds like when parking?
Unfortunately, no...

In the process of installing this, finally but I'm kinda stuck on the wires. I looked at the wiki install page but I can't tell from the pics cuz there's so many damn cables here! Is there an SOS hotline phone number if someone that has installed this and can help me out.

Also, what holds the pink system box in? I lost track of the thread at page 72; and now we're at 125. Thanks
Take the brackets off your factory CD player unit and attach them to the copper box.
Sponsored