Sponsored

ZL1 Addons rock guards for s550 - full instructions with photos

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Did you get 8 white blocks and screws for the rears? And have you seen my detailed instructions?
Crap, now you have me wanting to go back out to the garage and check. I remember seeing the blocks (can't miss em) so l'm pretty sure the screws are in there. I've had these sitting around for about 2 months now...lol.
Yes l saw your instructions (threw you a thanks) a while back and downloaded them, l'll probably wait to do these when l have my wheels off for my subframe alignment bushing and possible cradle lockout install.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
OK, great. Let me emphasize that you thoroughly clean the inside of the rear bumper cover, even sand off any paint back there. Use some masking tape to pull up any dust or residues.

I recommend that you install the white blocks immediately after pulling your wheels, and then continuing with your mods. Every hour that the tape adhesive sets up helps before applying pressure against the blocks (for drilling and driving in the screws).

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Yeah l'm all about prep. Learned years ago as tempting as it might be to want a project finished quickly, nothing sucks more than having to go back and redo it again.

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
So, maybe I'm stupid.....

But my rear guards have 5 holes. One for the push pin and 4 for the blocks, right?

I only have 3 blocks per fender....

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
So, maybe I'm stupid.....

But my rear guards have 5 holes. One for the push pin and 4 for the blocks, right?

I only have 3 blocks per fender....
Deleted, was thinking of the wrong one. D'oh.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
You should now have 4 blocks per fender, but it could be that John is too busy to deal with the small change in production. I will remind him again.

The blocks are evenly spaced. The new one is 3rd from the top, and helps keep the guard up tight against the fender.

Please post a picture of one of your rear guards, and then I can tell you if it's correct.

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Okay that is the up to date version. 5 holes. So you are missing two blocks.
I made my pair by cutting up some engineered wood. But the plastic ones from ZL1 are best.

I suppose if you asked him to mail you a pair, then he might update his pick list, lol.

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This is aggravating as I am missing two blocks as well. I already have my wheels off doing other mods. I don't like how this adhesive tape comes pre applied to the front mud flaps either. The strip lines up with the edge of fender where you can clearly see it.

BoostedRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB Premium
Mine came yesterday and I was going to install until realizing I was short two blocks and screws. A quick call and they are in the mail. They put the tape on the wrong side of my front flaps , so now I need to get more tape today. They seem to be a decent product, but they need to put a little more attention into what they ship and leave the tape off the guards so it is easier for people to line them up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
IMO it is better to apply 1/2" tape to the front fender per my instructions.
It is good to have a roll of 3M auto tape on hand for all sorts of things.

BoostedRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB Premium
Got my fronts installed today after getting tape. I will wait for the rears until my blocks come. These should work well. Just wish Ford or any aftermarket company made a nice moulded style like all the Japanese manufacturers do. Maybe WeatherTec will come out with a good design.
image.jpg

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Hmm I need to check that I got the right amount of blocks, I have had the fronts on for a while haven't started the rears tho

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
after installing my mud flaps i can hear EVERY single tiny little rock hitting it. Its quite annoying.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
after installing my mud flaps i can hear EVERY single tiny little rock hitting it. Its quite annoying.
You are not driving hard enough. Your exhaust note should fix that annoyance.:cheers:
Sponsored