Sponsored

Lightning blue instead of Magnetic?...owners come on in

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lighting Blue Mustang GTPP Premium
I had the same problem when I got mine. I was all set on magnetic. I had the numbers done, the deal done and a handshake. I walked outside to get my car registration from the Bimmer I was trading in and saw a LB sitting in the car port garage. The car looked purple from the way the light hit it. I asked the guys about the car and they said that they just got in a few minutes ago. They pulled it out for me to look at and I drove off with it lol. As far as dirt it shows some but it's not bad, I get compliments on it all the time and I hardly see them on the rode.
Sponsored

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
Here is tease of mine... This is all the dealer has sent me. I might have it by EoW... Hoping anyway.
IMG_0533s.jpg

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
I have a Guard which is similar to Magnetic in low light. How dirty the car looks is gonna depend on how OCD you are. I can see all of the dust/dirt/water spots on my car but to other people it probably looks great.
Same here. When I'm parked across a parking lot it actually looks relatively clean to me. But of course that changes when I get up on it.

I love my guard 5.0 and I like the magnetic as well. They're obviously similar. I do, however, like the blue as well and considered getting deep impact blue when I got mine. But, I had seen at least one DIB mustang around town and I hadn't seen a guard (still not sure I've seen one), so I went with guard to be uncommon. I am thinking, though, that I might go for blue (whether it be DIB, lightning blue, or something similar) the next time.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Ok [MENTION=27165]Omega[/MENTION] you just ruined for me! Lol, jk. Nicely done! ...but outta my price range

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL didn't you know that all the lightning blue ones come standard with that :D

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I can dream lol.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
The day I picked it up at the dealer, I knew MM was the way to go ...
S7300556aaaa.jpg

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
I got fooled by the first dealer I went to. Saw a magnetic online and went to buy, got there and got the "Oh it should be here in a few days, those were just stock photos". Was frustrated and I didn't like the customer service. They had a red one and a LB. Red was a no go and the LB was gorgeous but it had a chip in the hood and the rear bumper was scratched (brand new car btw). But damn that LB looked good.

Anyway, went about 15 miles down the road and found another LB. A few days off the truck and in the overflow lot. Made the deal. When it's clean LB is just insanely beautiful. I love it.

As far as it being dirty, no car enthusiast likes a dirty car regardless of the color. I don't think the Magnetic looks any better than the LB when dirty or vice versa. But I know clean and waxed, the LB is quite the eye catcher.

Dave99GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang Convertible
When you special order a car, don't you get the rebates that are in place on the day you take delivery? Used to be that way at least, when I last special ordered a car (my 1999 Mustang GT)... Since then I have bought off of dealer lots.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
... As far as it being dirty, no car enthusiast likes a dirty car regardless of the color ...
Only irrefutable comment that can be made. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I'd say 99% of cars are Grey/Black/White.

Go with some color, man! My 2014 GT is race red, and I love it, so spicy.

DUJALA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-LB w/Black OTT
Clean on an overcast day. When it was delivered it was filthy and definitely didn't look that great, but when clean and in the sun I wouldn't pick any other color ford currently offers over it. I was also between magnetic and lightning blue as my top two and since I already have a Jeep in granite I figured a sports car needed more attitude. Good luck with your decision!
IMG_2615.jpg
IMG_2616.jpg

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you special order a car, don't you get the rebates that are in place on the day you take delivery? Used to be that way at least, when I last special ordered a car (my 1999 Mustang GT)... Since then I have bought off of dealer lots.
Yes, this is exactly what I just went through. When I ordered it the rebates were $1200, I got $2000 when I signed the papers.

Bluestang59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Kona Blue, sold 2017 GT PP1 Lightning Blue,,
And to each their own, jk...I had a SGM '14...felt like urban camo, lol...and I did like that color a lot, but when I saw this color, I was sold (probably doesn't help that I'm a Tampa Bay Lightning fan, lol)...just took these...car is a little dirty after being in the rain monday and tuesday...got the tint monday, black lugs should be here by the weekend...
2i7ofg1.jpg

a45s3.jpg

2ewpsmd.jpg
What percentage tint is that ?
LB17PPCERMT (2).jpg

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Not sure about the 4th pic as that is not my car (top 3 pics are mine)
Windshield=80%
Driver/Passenger=30%
Small side windows=15%
Rear=15%
It really depends on the angle the light hits...look at my 1st pic, you can see straight through...and the 2nd pic, the rear usually looks a lot darker, but the light was hitting at a weird angle...3rd pic, look how dark the passenger window looks compared to the first.
I went with Formula One Pinnacle since no one within 60 miles of me uses Huper Optik (had it on my previous stang and it is amazing)...I can tell I feel more heat through the windshield then I did before. If you have the funds and the tinter knows how to work with it, Huper Optik is hands down the best tint...whatever you get, I'd go ceramic tint.
Sponsored