Sponsored

Why are you buying a 2017 GT instead of waiting?

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Haven't seen the pics of the beast you purchased. :D
....yeah yeah, as soon as I learn how to post pics, utilize the photo storage sites, etc...you'll be the first to know!

Until then, imagine a Magnetic GT w/PP. ;)

I did just order a G0BBYGO vanity plate. That should look sweet as hell!!

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'll let the pictures do the talking. This is why.

Last edited:

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I wanted a Grabber Blue GTPP.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I honestly do not want a ten speed transmission and magnaride. I believe the 15-17
has the right amount of technology and looks for a muscle car. Not to mention costs
for repairs down stream for the 2018. But if you do not plan on keeping your car
then by all means go with the 2018.
Both the things you named are optional... You still get more power, a higher redline, and the option for all kindsa goodies (active exhaust, digital cluster, LED headlights, etc).

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Because they look much better... I have seen both beside each other

TBF the only thing that is noticeably different are the tail lights.. and 18 taillights are a huge turn off

Sponsored

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
I ordered a 2017 because I am tired of waiting. I have been here for a year or so dreaming of my new car. If I waited for the 2018, by the time I got it I wouldn't really get to have fun with it until next summer. Decided missing a few upgrades isn't worth missing another summer enjoying the road and tracks. I also remind myself that while the 2018 looks good on paper (from what we know so far), it doesn't mean it won't have first year issues with all of these changes. I'd rather enjoy my car now and if I decide I want a new one, I can wait for them to iron out the bugs and buy one a couple years from now. The other thing is my 2017 isn't costing me as much as the 2018 would by the time I added all of the options I would want. For that extra 2-3K, I can mod a bit of stuff to my own liking.

What part of PA you in?

BINGO - my reasoning as well. on paper the 18 looks like a nice step up but I don't want first year issues and I love the 17's looks over the pics I've seen of the 18's

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
Keep in mind guys, if you go with the base model GT with the PP, it doesn't come with the driving mode selection switch (sport+, track, ice/snow, normal).
Those modes were a big part of my decision. Will have my daughters drive it and it would be tough for them to learn standard transmission if it was in beast mode.

Plus it's going to be my year round ride for a couple of years so wet/snow mode will be pretty important

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Why I bought a 2017 - Ten Reasons

Hmm....

1. Discount price.
2. Rich in Aftermarket Parts .
3. Less Engine Tech - Easier to maintain.
4. Muscle Car Looks.
5. Easy to bolt on aftermarket parts to boost HP / TQ.
6. 3rd year in production - bugs been worked out by now.
7. Almost everything that comes on a 2018 I can buy for my 2017
8. Don't care about a digital dash - Old school is nice.
9. Modding is half the fun.
10. Looking to keep my car for a long time.

Agree or Disagree with my reasons - fine, its my personal preference and my opinion. Everyone has a choice in life. I made mine.

LIVE FREE - BUY AMERICAN MUSCLE - AND ENJOY LIFE !!
:cheers: :headbang:

:ford:

Last edited:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm....

1. Discount price.
2. Rich in Aftermarket Parts .
3. Less Engine Tech - Easier to maintain.
4. Muscle Car Looks.
5. Easy to bolt on aftermarket parts to boost HP / TQ.
6. 3rd year in production - bugs been worked out by now.
7. Almost everything that comes on a 2018 I can buy for my 2017
8. Don't care about a digital dash - Old school is nice.
9. Modding is half the fun.
10. Looking to keep my car for a long time.

Agree or Disagree with my reasons - fine, its my personal preference and my opinion. Everyone has a choice in life. I made mine.

LIVE FREE - BUY AMERICAN MUSCLE - AND ENJOY LIFE !!
:cheers: :headbang:

:ford:
#7 is just wrong, not really a matter of agreeing or disagreeing... Or at least there's no way you can do it without spending more money than it'd cost to buy a 2018 instead.

I get the rest, and I understand to some extent why some may prefer the 2017, but jus sayin I don't buy reason #7.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.

Sponsored

CarGuy85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
I am in the same predicament. I know the '18 will be awesome, but I heard from a local dealer they will not even be on the dealers lots until late October/Early November. Living in the Midwest, I won't be able to enjoy the car until Spring most likely. Additionally, I doubt you will be able to get a '18 GT Premium discounted like the 17's are now. I am looking at a 2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack that I can get for 35.5K+TTL. Is this a good deal? I am on the fence if I should find one with the 401A package. Thoughts?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Those modes were a big part of my decision. Will have my daughters drive it and it would be tough for them to learn standard transmission if it was in beast mode.

Plus it's going to be my year round ride for a couple of years so wet/snow mode will be pretty important
Dude......being from Toronto, you really should know better.

When driving on snow/ice, I shut all the electronic nannies off, they actually hurt you rather than help you in bad weather. Plus, you know it's all about a proper set of winter tires. All the electronic mumbo-jumbo is stupid, tires are what give you traction.

"Beast mode"????:lol::lol: C'mon man, these aren't difficult cars to drive normally. They behave like any normal vehicle.

Lastly, base cars have traction and stability control.

Reactions: A7X

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Words matter ....

#7 is just wrong, not really a matter of agreeing or disagreeing... Or at least there's no way you can do it without spending more money than it'd cost to buy a 2018 instead.

I get the rest, and I understand to some extent why some may prefer the 2017, but jus sayin I don't buy reason #7.
That is why I started with "Almost". ;)
Active exhaust - Don't need because I can throw on some Roush AB with or
without stock resonator. Depending on how loud I want it.

michelin pilot super sport tires going on after I burn thru the Pirellis. ;)

Grabber5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
my decision to go with a 17 came down to two things: I got a great deal on mine, and most importantly GRABBER BLUE!!!!!!

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is why I started with "Almost". ;)
Active exhaust - Don't need because I can throw on some Roush AB with or
without stock resonator. Depending on how loud I want it.

michelin pilot super sport tires going on after I burn thru the Pirellis. ;)
Still left with *tons* of things that are worthwhile to many people. LED headlights, new transmission and clutch, new engine with better efficiency, higher redline, and more power, revised suspension (even if you don't get magneride)... too much to remember off the top of my head or list here.

I mean if none of that interests you, that's fine, but I think there is an awful lot to at least be curious about on the 2018... and you definitely cannot upgrade a 2017 to be just like a 2018.
Sponsored