Sponsored

NE Ohio dealers and oil line recall.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Anyone in the NE Ohio area that has done the oil line recall and can give a solid recommendation for a dealer?
Sponsored

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
I haven't had any service work done there, but Klaben was outstanding during the buying process.

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Near Chardon

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Did you ask them how many they had done? Second question, my original recall notice said their would be a fix announced (or something like that, I don't have it in front of me). I never got a follow up letter. Are we just supposed to call a dealer an ask them to order the recall parts and schedule a service?

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
I couldn't take delivery until they did the recall. They had 3 other GT350s at that store and another at their sister dealer.

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am not in OH (NYC) but I assume the process is the same for the recall. I too had been patiently waiting to get a letter in the mail as per the recall notice but I gave up waiting and called my dealer yesterday, they mentioned something about it being VIN specific and that they had to order the parts individually for my car/each recall fix they do but they can start the order now. Apparently it should take them 3 or 4 days to get the parts and then I can book in for the job. I asked them if they were ever going to tell me this if I hadn't called and they simply said that they were only able to do this recently and they would of sent me a letter at some point.....

Did you ask them how many they had done? Second question, my original recall notice said their would be a fix announced (or something like that, I don't have it in front of me). I never got a follow up letter. Are we just supposed to call a dealer an ask them to order the recall parts and schedule a service?

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
They told me the parts were ordered on a Tuesday and the car was done by Thursday. From the research I did, it doesn't look that difficult. The one thing you'll want to check is the splitter to make sure it's installed correctly. I fixed mine myself, but I have a lift. If anyone local needs help with the splitter, I'll be glad to help out.

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I am not in OH (NYC) but I assume the process is the same for the recall. I too had been patiently waiting to get a letter in the mail as per the recall notice but I gave up waiting and called my dealer yesterday, they mentioned something about it being VIN specific and that they had to order the parts individually for my car/each recall fix they do but they can start the order now. Apparently it should take them 3 or 4 days to get the parts and then I can book in for the job. I asked them if they were ever going to tell me this if I hadn't called and they simply said that they were only able to do this recently and they would of sent me a letter at some point.....
Thanks! I kind of figured this would be the case. Not quite ready to bring her out of storage. Need a week or so of a good rain soaking to wash the roads of salt.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
They told me the parts were ordered on a Tuesday and the car was done by Thursday. From the research I did, it doesn't look that difficult. The one thing you'll want to check is the splitter to make sure it's installed correctly. I fixed mine myself, but I have a lift. If anyone local needs help with the splitter, I'll be glad to help out.
Thanks. My splitter is already missing a bolt from the original dealer install (out of state). I'll check the install and ask to have a new bolt fastened and check when I get home.

spinningwheel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
I also bought my car out of state so I guess nobody is going to send me anything. I'll call the dealer in Vermont where I got it to see what they say.
Sponsored