Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I like it!

For info....the officially official (as opposed to a crappy copied video and stills) launch is at 11am EST......that's 4pm UK time......and I have no idea what time that is in your part of the world :p
Sponsored

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Good lord, the front looks more like a jap/mainstream car than a muscle car.

Reminds me of lexus and bmws.

Heck the changes don't even look thought out.. lets just flip the lights over and put a lexus bumper on! Yay facelift! At least issue new wheels.. its not that hard - negotiate a deal with someone else if you can't be bothered to redesign them yourself.

Ford should really have taken note of what existing buyers are doing to their cars and saying about it for the facelift.
Showed my wife and she thought they must have modelled it off a Camry front end.. and she said without trying to sound sexist, that looks like they've tried to make a girls mustang.. they've taken all the muscle and aggressiveness out of it.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
For info....the officially official (as opposed to a crappy copied video and stills) launch is at 11am EST......that's 4pm UK time......and I have no idea what time that is in your part of the world :p
3.00am on our east coast.

Only the shift workers, insomniacs and truly committed will be watching over here - plus a few in Perth.

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
It would be so funny if the car revealed today was a joke and not the actual one.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
It would be so funny if the car revealed today was a joke and not the actual one.
I do think that Ford is probably reading the threads on here and wishing that it was lol. I'm sure it will continue to sell well, it's still a mustang at the end of the day. But they really stuffed up a good thing.

Sponsored

Brendan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBC 2017MY Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Gutted,

First time I have ever actually posted a comment on his forum as I am mostly a quiet observer learning as much as I can about the Mustang before my Magnetic GT arrives. The car loses a lot of the appeal that I was looking for, the lights almost look sad vs aggressive. Based on everyone's experience is there a chance that I don't have to have this model? I placed my order on the 14th August 2016. NSC number arrived in December and hopefully VIn in February?

I almost feel like calling Ford and try to do anything I can to get the car I ordered, as this car is not what I signed up for

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Based on everyone's experience is there a chance that I don't have to have this model? I placed my order on the 14th August 2016. NSC number arrived in December and hopefully VIn in February?
I reckon you should be okay with that timeline, [MENTION=27825]Brendan[/MENTION].

spronston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Gutted,
... Based on everyone's experience is there a chance that I don't have to have this model? ...
I agree with Drewbo. Based on data from Namda's spreadsheet for 2016 orders, I think it's pretty safe to say you will have a build date well before the MY 2018 model builds start in July.

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
The front bumper looks higher off the ground and toned down alot. I dont like it. I think some designers are going to get fired judging from opinions so far.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I just dont getit.

We were told a while back that the hood was being looked at due to visibility issues.

Firstly, who had these issues enough to feedback to Ford and complain? I admit, sometimes when I go over a brow of a hill I lose sight of the road, thats part of what I LOVE about the car. Who is buying it and then saying ' Oh no, I cant see over my gorgeous hood properly.

So anyway, then the Ford design team sit down and say we need to make it better to look out the front. Lets go away and redesign in.

They then sit an elephant on the front and do away with the creases down the hood. Draw it up, do a clay model and then show it to the chiefs and management and they all say YEP, thats fine! Really?

No, no, no. Its not!

Sponsored

Brendan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBC 2017MY Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Awesome - thank you [MENTION=7882]Drewbo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19768]spronston[/MENTION]. MY17 will be perfect, looking forward to see how this plays out. Seems to be a fair increase in performance offerings, technology and a quad tip exhaust - but still a fan of the 2015-2017.

Cheers!

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
For me personally if they turned around and told me my order was going to be a 2018 I wouldn't be disappointed now with all the new add ons.

OP
OP

sharks1in50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I like the more horsepower and torque( although they don't say how much and whether that will carry through to RHD models).

I like the new digital dash and hand stitched centre console.

But the front end is still nasty, I love an aggressive looking car and it no longer does.

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Better manual gearbox, more power, some interior toys are nice. Front end growing on me but still awkward looking. Looks better in dark colours.

It will be interesting to see which of the options Oz/NZ gets like the heated wheel, Magneride, active exhaust etc.