Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Cheers Jimmy, I'd like to think they'd check all the drainage channels/seals etc. Just waiting for them to say it's my Borla exhaust that's causing it :lol:
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Cheers Jimmy, I'd like to think they'd check all the drainage channels/seals etc. Just waiting for them to say it's my Borla exhaust that's causing it :lol:
It's your stripes mate, honest. the vinyl erodes the metal and lets water in.

My best bet would have been the grommet. The 'simpler' one, is are the door windows actually 'going back up' when the door is closed, if not, waters just gonna fly on in there.

Have they checked the weather seals around the car (think that's what jimmys inferring as well)

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
They should be pressure testing it mate, mine was mopped up inside then then hosed it from the front until they spotted where it was coming in.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
They should be pressure testing it mate, mine was mopped up inside then then hosed it from the front until they spotted where it was coming in.
Same here, turned out to be a tiny hole in the windscreen seal.

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my way to work today, I dropped in for an update (3 days they've had it), turns out that it is a failed grommet on the bulkhead. Never had time to have a chat with the techs on exactly where, but apparently it's fixed.

Picking up on Monday, so fully expect a bone dry interior. I'll be meticulously checking the functions of the seats. The girl, who I quite like, (might ask her if she wants to come to a meet ;)) on the desk was relatively well informed on the usual 'characteristics', puddle light etc, with regards the Mustang. She did try to sell me an Evans Halshaw service plan though, but after I pointed out that the Ford one was ÂŁ3-400 cheaper, she gave up on that quickly.

She asked me if I'd spent quite a bit of money on the car, as the techs were raving about it, the best they've seen so far :D

I've had a blast in my youngest go kart that is a Mini Cooper Coupe, the last couple of days, but looking forward to getting Priscilla back.

Full report back on Monday:)

Sponsored

stevesx987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
My convertible has just started doing it. Sitting in it tho other day whilst stationary and raining got a few drips come through on my arm. Got a technical review email from ford so I commented on that. Put it down to being a rag top and that they all leak at some point!!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Put it down to being a rag top and that they all leak at some point!!
Damn....I'd better tell my sister to take her MX5 back to Mazda......must be faulty. Doesn't leak at all:lol:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
My convertible has just started doing it. Sitting in it tho other day whilst stationary and raining got a few drips come through on my arm. Got a technical review email from ford so I commented on that. Put it down to being a rag top and that they all leak at some point!!
Surely shouldn't leak at c. a year old? Unless the roof is down... ;)
Welcome new poster :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, just picked Priscilla up :D

She's bone dry inside, I'd expect that after 5 1/2 days and I've checked all the functions on the seat, all working, although I never checked the seat cooling function. Apparently there's only one plug for the seat anyway.

The problem, or so I was told and I've no reason to doubt it, is that on the LHD models, the bonnet release cable goes through the bulkhead on the RHS. This hole is sealed with a hard plastic grommet on RHD models, which has no flex like a rubber one. It probably works loose or lacks the elasticity of a rubber one and leaks.

They've sealed the grommet back in and, hopefully all is good. This is now a waiting game and a few drives out in the wet to confirm the fix. All in all, a relatively hassle free experience from EH in Motherwell, which is to be welcomed.

Sponsored

Sudaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
All in all, a relatively hassle free experience from EH in Motherwell, which is to be welcomed.
Glad you got her back, all dried up:cheers:
Glad to know that EH Motherwell now knows there might be a potential problem with the Stangs. Should mine show any water ingress signs, that is where I'll take her.:thumbsup:

By the way, who did you talk to there?

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like something we should all check.
Yeah, only problem is the location I suspect and the fact that the carpet at least will have to be pulled back :shrug: So not an easy self check.

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way, who did you talk to there?
Initially dealt with Lindsay, the service receptionist. I had indicated that I wanted to talk to the techs that carried out the work and got to talk to the workshop manager, who explained the problem and what they did :thumbsup:

See you a week on Sunday Henry :D

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Yeah, only problem is the location I suspect and the fact that the carpet at least will have to be pulled back :shrug: So not an easy self check.
Wonder where it is...as from the dashcam cable routing I seem to remember the carpet doesn't go up very far behind the dash.

Hopefully that's your problem sorted George :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really had the chance to get under there at the minute Steve, I'll have a root about the area on my days of this week. Hopefully it's all fixed :thumbsup:

I'll try and get a few pics of the area.
Sponsored