Sponsored

Upgrading stock GT350 Stereo and more

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
I know I am not the only one out there so I figured this would be a good thread to start.

Since the gt350 stereo is mediocre at best. Who is going to upgrade and what is in store and what components.

Here is what I am doing. I am using an Audio Control DQ61 signal processor/equalizer to get signal from stock stereo.

I am putting 3 way components in front of car. I am going to put Mid Woofers in stock door location. Put midrange in dash over the center gauges and tweeters in stock locations.

In rear run 2 way components with mid woofer in stock shelf and tweeters somewhere in rear side panels.

For bass ill run 2 12" subs in custom enclosure.

For power running 2 amps total. Front and rear about 100W RMS per channel x4 and subs running about 500W RMS in 1 channel 2 ohm load.

Components, Audio Control, Hertz HSK 165.3 upfront and Alpine SR 2 way component rear, Alpine PDX amp, subs soundstream.

System should rock.

Let us all know what you got planned. Want to compare and share info. thanks
Sponsored

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
Are you trying to drowned out the beautiful music coming from your exhaust!? :shrug: To each their own but those melodies the FPC is producing should be triple platinum.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
I know I am not the only one out there so I figured this would be a good thread to start.

Since the gt350 stereo is mediocre at best. Who is going to upgrade and what is in store and what components.

Here is what I am doing. I am using an Audio Control DQ61 signal processor/equalizer to get signal from stock stereo.

I am putting 3 way components in front of car. I am going to put Mid Woofers in stock door location. Put midrange in dash over the center gauges and tweeters in stock locations.

In rear run 2 way components with mid woofer in stock shelf and tweeters somewhere in rear side panels.

For power running 2 amps total. Front and rear about 100W RMS per channel x4 and subs running about 500W RMS in 1 channel 2 ohm load.

Components, Audio Control, Hertz HSK 165.3 upfront and Alpine SR 2 way component rear, Alpine PDX amp, subs soundstream.

System should rock.

I bought all Alpine components: spr-60/C for front and rear, 2 SWR-12D2 12" subs and the PDX-V9 amp with Rux knob. Ordered a rear facing enclosure from Zenclosures. All sitting in a corner in my house.

I have the Track Pack, too. I was told by a car audio shop I should add a signal processor, like you have, but my husband said he didn't think I'd need it. What do you think? I'm thinking I'd like to wait until an aftermarket head unit is released and save myself a few hundred dollars.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford

System should rock.

What is a signal processor? I know for a lot of older cars, if you'd just swap out the head unit with a good aftermarket one, the sound improves a lot. Is that what it does, without replacing the stock head unit?

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
What is a signal processor? I know for a lot of older cars, if you'd just swap out the head unit with a good aftermarket one, the sound improves a lot. Is that what it does, without replacing the stock head unit?
Guys correct me if I'm wrong here, but...

Essentially, a DSP takes a signal from the head unit, sends it through a processor and the output is digital and clean, and it can be manipulated to sound many different ways.

After it is processed it is then sent to the amps and to the speakers.

Nicely, DSPs will allow you to keep your head unit, especially if it is a multifunctional head unit such as the NAV/Sync units, and still be able to get a heckuva system.

DSPs can be tricky though, but they have come a long way in the past few years. If I didn't have the NAV/Sync unit coming I would probably do without the DSP.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Guys correct me if I'm wrong here, but...

Essentially, a DSP takes a signal from the head unit, sends it through a processor and the output is digital and clean, and it can be manipulated to sound many different ways.

After it is processed it is then sent to the amps and to the speakers.

Nicely, DSPs will allow you to keep your head unit, especially if it is a multifunctional head unit such as the NAV/Sync units, and still be able to get a heckuva system.

DSPs can be tricky though, but they have come a long way in the past few years. If I didn't have the NAV/Sync unit coming I would probably do without the DSP.
Sweet, best of both worlds.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
On my Tech Package I find the front of the system sounds OK, but the rear speakers suck. I'm starting with replacing those first, then I'll decide where to go from there.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
In for pictures if you do the install yourself.

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
People still use bass systems in cars? Always thought that was awfully annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Anything simple available like just upgrading speakers that fit in the factory location without modifications?

VoodooV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Anything simple available like just upgrading speakers that fit in the factory location without modifications?

Yeah was wondering that myself.

Can I just upgrade the speakers and maybe add an amp + sub in the trunk and keep all the stock hardware aka tech package equipment?

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
tons of info in the infotainment section. If you want to do any type of tuning you will need a DSP. Not sure how 16+ cars are going to do it since they removed the aux in. May have to send the signal by FM signal

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I bought all Alpine components: spr-60/C for front and rear, 2 SWR-12D2 12" subs and the PDX-V9 amp with Rux knob. Ordered a rear facing enclosure from Zenclosures. All sitting in a corner in my house.

I have the Track Pack, too. I was told by a car audio shop I should add a signal processor, like you have, but my husband said he didn't think I'd need it. What do you think? I'm thinking I'd like to wait until an aftermarket head unit is released and save myself a few hundred dollars.
The factory head units are junk, That is why Ford added their own DSP to begin with. If you want the best sound possible from the factory head unit upgrade the DSP also
Sponsored