Sponsored

GT 350 1/2 shafts

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The Shelby arent the be all of half shafts by any means. They are only a LITTLE stronger than the GT ones; nowhere near the Ford Racing or other aftermarket strength. If you aren't running big horsepower then stock GT ones will do just fine. People are only replacing them running big hp and stickies because they snap drag racing. Otherwise there is no reason to replace them.

If you're running boost the 350 ones won't help much since they still will break as they aren't built for big hp, and if you're not running boost they're frankly a waste of money since they GT ones hold a good amount of horsepower. People are running the stocks with mild boost to 550-600hp just fine.

The GT350s will give you little to no performance advantage absent running big hp and stickies racing, and are frankly a waste of $550 (with the C-clips) plus labor. But hey your money.

And unless you know something thousands of other members don't, no info has been released on the half shaft length or splines in the GT350. Tons of assumptions at this point any GT350 parts will fit at this point besides the steering wheel which is confirmed.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
OK fine.... Don't matter what parts you use what breaks parts is wheel hop. I do believe Lethal running stock 1/2 shafts in there drag car guess high dollar parts are worthless then.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
OK fine.... Don't matter what parts you use what breaks parts is wheel hop. I do believe Lethal running stock 1/2 shafts in there drag car guess high dollar parts are worthless then.
Lethal is also running HUGE horsepower which snaps the OEM shafts. That's the only reason to swap them.

Half shafts have nothing to do with wheel hop, they transfer the power from the rear case to the rear wheels and spin. They snap when the car is producing to much HP or using very sticky rear tires with higher hp applications. They aren't strong enough to handle the power from the rear case to the wheels (or stickier wheels causing more resistance) and snap.

If you're not running any boost you dont need halfshafts period. The stocks will handle mostly whatever naturally aspirated power you add (right now the most is about 460 at the rear wheels). If you are running boost you very likely need something stronger than the GT350 shafts.

You need to research the issue first clearly before spending money.

OP
OP

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Lethal is also running HUGE horsepower which snaps the OEM shafts. That's the only reason to swap them.

Half shafts have nothing to do with wheel hop, they transfer the power from the rear case to the rear wheels and spin. They snap when the car is producing to much HP or using very sticky rear tires with higher hp applications. They aren't strong enough to handle the power from the rear case to the wheels (or stickier wheels causing more resistance) and snap.

If you're not running any boost you dont need halfshafts period. The stocks will handle mostly whatever naturally aspirated power you add (right now the most is about 460 at the rear wheels). If you are running boost you very likely need something stronger than the GT350 shafts.

You need to research the issue first clearly before spending money.

Dude you're turning this into hugh debate about hp what you don't need and need because it's your opinion. No where did I say I going to buy them. Question was WOULD THEY FIT not this debate about power what they will and won't take. Wheel hop does break parts with or without boost

Last edited:

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
The GT350 halfshafts fit in a GT. I bought them because they were the same price as the stock GT halfshafts that I snapped trying out my launch control.

Drivers side halfshafts. Bottom is stock and broke in the boot.

Passenger side halfshafts, again bottom is stock.

They went right in and I have been driving around on them.

Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
This thread is funny. The 350 guys appeared so threatened that their parts would fit in a GT. Low and behold; they do.

Who cares if they are interchangeable?

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
are the FRPP shafts stronger than the factory gt350 shafts?

the DSS ones dont seem to be readily available anymore.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
As others have asked though (and no answers yet), exactly what ARE the real differences in the composition of the Ford Shelby half shafts when compared to those from a GT?

Just looking at the pics above, there is barely any physical differences.

Is it the steel used?? Or................................

One can tell that the Ford Performance half-shafts are visibly thicker in diameter when compared to stock (GT/V6/EB) or Shelby half-shafts; same is true with other aftermarket offerings where the actual axle shaft is notably beefier than any stock or Shelby part.

So what's the real difference between a GT and Shelby half-shaft, other than one being *possibly* inferior because it has a "Shelby" name tag associated to it....
Sponsored