Sponsored

Rumor - The GT500 thread

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
While you're correct that electric motors proved near instantaneous peak torque, I'm pretty sure that 687 lb-ft of torque supplied by THE single motor found in the Tesla Model S will get any car to 60 mph in less than four seconds regardless of whether it's two wheels or four wheels propelling the car.
Why would you think that? 99.99999% of 2WD cars would suffer severe wheel spin if you apply that much torque. They would just sit still and make smoke.
Sponsored

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
You missed the point. :tsk:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
While you're correct that electric motors proved near instantaneous peak torque, I'm pretty sure that 687 lb-ft of torque supplied by THE single motor found in the Tesla Model S will get any car to 60 mph in less than four seconds regardless of whether it's two wheels or four wheels propelling the car.

The top dog Mustang does not need the understeer inducing and additional weight of AWD.
It DOES need the acceleration benefits from a stop. It's ridiculous when a gt-r or other weaker car can claim a superior 0-60 just because you decided to leave performance on the table and forgo AWD.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
It DOES need the acceleration benefits from a stop. It's ridiculous when a gt-r or other weaker car can claim a superior 0-60 just because you decided to leave performance on the table and forgo AWD.
It is annoying to an extent, but from what I gather most would rather have a 65K mustang with 700+ hp and be basically the same as a hellcat and ZL1. Rather then an AWD car that could be a true halo mustang with lightweight carbon/aluminum to offset the weight and insane acceleration with track capability, obviously that would come with a premium of probably starting at 75-80K. To me honestly the Roush stage 3 is literally that hellcat, zl1 competitor I don't see what would make a rwd 700 hp ford product so much different then the Roush.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
I'm thinking V8 5.2L CPC ecoboost. AWD to not only compete with Dodge and Chevy, but also the Nissan GT-R. I mean, my GT350 has splines in the front hubs, that has to be there for a reason.

edit: I'm thinking it will be priced around 75k-80k as well.

Sponsored

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
I am a go all out crazy and predict a wide body, destroked 5.2 FPC engine to 4.6 liters with twin turbos making around 755 Horsepower while retaining the same 8250 redline rpm redline as the GT350 with the option of the ten speed or six speed manual, and carbon fiber wheels.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I am a go all out crazy and predict a wide body, destroked 5.2 FPC engine to 4.6 liters with twin turbos making around 755 Horsepower while retaining the same 8250 redline rpm redline as the GT350 with the option of the ten speed or six speed manual, and carbon fiber wheels.
I don't think that's real crazy, I highly doubt a widebody though. What would be a crazy prediction is a TT with 750 hp, with AWD, aluminum frame, carbon/ aluminum body, CC brakes, carbon fiber wheels and for good fun throw in a dual clutch trans!!

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'm thinking V8 5.2L CPC ecoboost. AWD to not only compete with Dodge and Chevy, but also the Nissan GT-R. I mean, my GT350 has splines in the front hubs, that has to be there for a reason.

No way its going to be AWD. And what cars do Dodge and Chevy have that are AWD? The Demon isn't going to be and not sure Chevy has a car like that anyways.

Who knows at this point, seems like there won't even be an S550 GT500 at all. Either that or they are keeping it as secretive at the Ford GT project.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
No way its going to be AWD. And what cars do Dodge and Chevy have that are AWD? The Demon isn't going to be and not sure Chevy has a car like that anyways.

Who knows at this point, seems like there won't even be an S550 GT500 at all. Either that or they are keeping it as secretive at the Ford GT project.
I think that could be the point to make an AWD that neither of them have capable of extreme acceleration (not just at a prepped drag strip) but also capable on a track. I mean isn't a Roush stage 3 a direct competitor to the ZL1 and Hellcat? I know it's not a direct from ford product but they have become rather attainable. The Demon is going to be a drag strip vehicle probably with an 75k+ price tag and probably not very capable on a road course.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3

LOL

what-did-you-say_Anchorman.jpg

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
So the dealer I bought my GT350 from is a really big Mustang dealer. I spoke to them today about getting a GT350 R and then the lady I was talking to mentioned the GT500. She says from what her rep is telling her, the S550 will be a MY19. So She expects it to be late 2019. It could be possible they could do like how the 16 GT350s did and come out really late the previous year but she said to expect the GT500 to start being delivered in late 2019. Take that for what you will, just passing info.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
So the dealer I bought my GT350 from is a really big Mustang dealer. I spoke to them today about getting a GT350 R and then the lady I was talking to mentioned the GT500. She says from what her rep is telling her, the S550 will be a MY19. So She expects it to be late 2019. It could be possible they could do like how the 16 GT350s did and come out really late the previous year but she said to expect the GT500 to start being delivered in late 2019. Take that for what you will, just passing info.
Interesting info, thank you.

However, a late 2019 delivery would be more like a '20MY not a '19MY

That seems a long way off :(

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Interesting info, thank you.

However, a late 2019 delivery would be more like a '20MY not a '19MY

That seems a long way off :(
Yeah, that kind of depressed me as well. Pretty much three years off. A lot longer than I wanted to wait. That is if she is right.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I don't think that is right. I think it's gonna be straight up 19, not late.
Sponsored