Big Turbo Kit Opinion?

KUgrad13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Roush Stage 1
I am thinking about doing a big turbo upgrade on my 2015. Who has done the upgrade and what kit did you use and what is your opinion on the kit?
Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I think Vargas Stage 2+ is the way to go if you already have an intake and exhaust, it's the cheapest option out there and mounts in the stock location with all of the stock hardware. It can put you well past the limits of the stock block and fuel system at high 500's at the wheels. The only reason I would get anything else would be if I wanted to go huge (600rwhp or more)

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

KUgrad13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Roush Stage 1
I think Vargas Stage 2+ is the way to go if you already have an intake and exhaust, it's the cheapest option out there and mounts in the stock location with all of the stock hardware. It can put you well past the limits of the stock block and fuel system at high 500's at the wheels. The noly reason I would get anything else would be if I wanted to go huge (600rwhp or more)
Thanks for the input. I've seen that on Adamtuned.com and thought it would be a good option.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Highly second the Vargas. Although that kit from MAP that has the head, tubular manifold and turbo seems wicked. Got em 650hp at least. After 23 seconds of spool

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Without somewhere around $3000 to $7000 of supporting mods, the twinscroll drop in from Vargas is the way to go, its a good price, its drop in, just requires tuning, and to make the most of it a down pipe, intake, and intercooler and cold plugs. You will be able to hit around the 390-400WHP range. Beyond that you will need more octane, and more fuel, and should look into a built block if you want to go futher than 400+ on the stock block. So you would be looking at an aux fuel setup, high flow fuel pump, and/or E85 (e30 or greater blend) this is where the money starts to be an issue, and you better budget for it.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Without somewhere around $3000 to $7000 of supporting mods, the twinscroll drop in from Vargas is the way to go, its a good price, its drop in, just requires tuning, and to make the most of it a down pipe, intake, and intercooler and cold plugs. You will be able to hit around the 390-400WHP range. Beyond that you will need more octane, and more fuel, and should look into a built block if you want to go futher than 400+ on the stock block. So you would be looking at an aux fuel setup, high flow fuel pump, and/or E85 (e30 or greater blend) this is where the money starts to be an issue, and you better budget for it.
Or WMI for us on the west coast. I'm curious how long those that already have the Vargas and e30 or just pump will last

thanassis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I do not know if they are doing it in US but in Europe you can find turbo service garages that they can do your turbo, hybrid. They change the wheels and it can push more air, so you don't have to change other peripheral hardware and the cost is at about $500-800. So it would be a good deal to get 380-400 whp with hybrid turbo

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I do not know if they are doing it in US but in Europe you can find turbo service garages that they can do your turbo, hybrid. They change the wheels and it can push more air, so you don't have to change other peripheral hardware and the cost is at about $500-800. So it would be a good deal to get 380-400 whp with hybrid turbo
The issue with that is I wouldn't trust most shops in the U.S to make a hybrid turbo. The VSR balancing aspect of a turbo is the worrisome part. Most people either don't have the machine or don't know how to use it. Without correct balancing the turbo, watch how long it'll last. Especially something that runs at 150k rpm or more.

thanassis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The issue with that is I wouldn't trust most shops in the U.S to make a hybrid turbo. The VSR balancing aspect of a turbo is the worrisome part. Most people either don't have the machine or don't know how to use it. Without balancing the turbo, watch how long it'll last.
WIthout CORRECT balancing, I believe that will work for couple of hours!!!

Reactions: Ebm

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
That's basically what the Vargas stage 1 was, Even they said it really wasn't worth it and discontinued it for a while.
Sponsored

Last edited: