15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Not really sure I'm buying it. I've seen other write-ups of their progress along the way and some of the other parts they've used like the JMS pedal and boost max lol. According to the article, they're getting over 400 whp on 93 with just an exhaust, thermostat and tune. I've gotta call BS on that or LMS would be advertising that. That's way above what LMS advertises.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I think Livernois doesn't need to blame Ford engine defects for its failures because they know what they are doing. I have no reason to doubt what they are saying is true.

“Quite literally investing well over two years since our 2.3 program began. These are incredibly complex vehicles to tune properly, even with our prior unparalleled experience in the EcoBoost arena, and which is the main reason why we have our own development mules to do this perfecting on as opposed to using customer vehicles for development,” he proclaimed

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I think Livernois doesn't need to blame Ford engine defects for its failures because they know what they are doing. I have no reason to doubt what they are saying is true.

“Quite literally investing well over two years since our 2.3 program began. These are incredibly complex vehicles to tune properly, even with our prior unparalleled experience in the EcoBoost arena, and which is the main reason why we have our own development mules to do this perfecting on as opposed to using customer vehicles for development,” he proclaimed
What I'm saying is that LMS isn't saying that. Look at their numbers they offer with a kit like that, it's substantially less power. Those are the same guys (not Livernois) that were claiming huge power gains with the JMS boost and pedal max devices...

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Looks like a very generous mustang dyno to me, since I haven't seen any stock ecoboosts pushing 275whp like theirs is either.

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Well, it says in the article it is their 93 race tune, but 400+ to the wheels seems inflated. Perhaps [MENTION=11090]Livernois Motorsports[/MENTION] can chime in on this?

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Yeah going back through their build stories it they claimed 7 hp and 42ft/lbs peak from the bov alone! They said they are pushing 27psi on the stock turbo. sounds suspect.

Looks like a very generous mustang dyno to me, since I haven't seen any stock ecoboosts pushing 275whp like theirs is either.
MT got 279/295 out of one in 2014
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/mustang/2015/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-23-first-test/
hp seems high while tq seems on the lower end of what base cars are putting out which is weird.

Well, it says in the article it is their 93 race tune, but 400+ to the wheels seems inflated. Perhaps @Livernois Motorsports can chime in on this?
I certainly hope so, that was my primary motivation posting this thread.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Well, it says in the article it is their 93 race tune, but 400+ to the wheels seems inflated. Perhaps [MENTION=11090]Livernois Motorsports[/MENTION] can chime in on this?
While these are our products and we are quoted in this article, all findings are sources of an independent company and are not influenced by us in any way shape or form. While we appreciate the article, none of these findings were produced at our facility, hence the numbers advertised on our website.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo

This is what I attained with the Stage 3v7 93 tune, and an intercooler as my only mods at the time. With all the mods in my sig now, I've no idea what I'm making. I have their 93 (Xv1) race tune as well, but I've never used or even dyno'ed it. But I was told that tune is at it's best with race gas and at it's peak with 93 and 100+ octane in the tank. When and if I try the race tune, I'll gladly post a dyno sheet.

I saw on a Facebook Mustang EB page that with the same tune on 93 (but unsure of the mods) that 400whp/400wt was possible on 93 with dyno chart proof, but I thought that was pushing it a bit much. If I can find a picture of it I will.

That being said, I love my Livernois tune. :)

Sponsored

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase

This is what I attained with the Stage 3v7 93 tune, and an intercooler as my only mods at the time. With all the mods in my sig now, I've no idea what I'm making. I have their 93 (Xv1) race tune as well, but I've never used or even dyno'ed it. But I was told that tune is at it's best with race gas and at it's peak with 93 and 100+ octane in the tank. When and if I try the race tune, I'll gladly post a dyno sheet.

I saw on a Facebook Mustang EB page that with the same tune on 93 (but unsure of the mods) that 400whp/400wt was possible on 93 with dyno chart proof, but I thought that was pushing it a bit much. If I can find a picture of it I will.

That's really close to what I got on my setup right now without the WMI running around 327WHP 368WTQ both our numbers are pretty respectable for the mods.. Adam stated he was getting around 400 on his stock turbo, but he did not state if that was on pump gas, meth, or E30.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
While these are our products and we are quoted in this article, all findings are sources of an independent company and are not influenced by us in any way shape or form. While we appreciate the article, none of these findings were produced at our facility, hence the numbers advertised on our website.
[MENTION=11090]Livernois Motorsports[/MENTION] Thank you for the reply, do you mind informing us specifically what is required to run your XV1 Race Gas tune? I believe there is some confusion on whether you can run a mixture of 93 and 100 octane race gas, but I have yet to see any specifics on mixture ratios and what overall octane is needed to support that tune...

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase

That's really close to what I got on my setup right now without the WMI running around 327WHP 368WTQ. Adam stated he was getting around 400 on his stock turbo, but he did not state if that was on pump gas, meth, or E30.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I think it's possible to hit 400whp on pump gas; whether or not it's efficient or safe is another very important question. I can see it done on WMI, E30 or race gas no problems asked. But I would think 400whp on 93 would be a bit much or even unsafe with supporting mods; at least I wouldn't do it.

As for the 93+100 octane question, LMS told me at least a few gallons, but the more the merrier. It's unleaded gas so it's not gonna hurt anything but your wallet. It's $8/gal near my house! But it sure is convenient having LMS less than 30 minutes from my house!

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I think it's possible to hit 400whp on pump gas; whether or not it's efficient or safe is another very important question. I can see it done on WMI, E30 or race gas no problems asked. But I would think 400whp on 93 would be a bit much or even unsafe with supporting mods; at least I wouldn't do it.

As for the 93+100 octane question, LMS told me at least a few gallons, but the more the merrier. It's unleaded gas so it's not gonna hurt anything but your wallet. It's $8/gal near my house! But it sure is convenient having LMS less than 30 minutes from my house!
A few gallons is somewhat subjective, especially when you're trying to hit a specific octane target. Did they specify which type of race fuel? Some are oxygenated and others are not, which can drastically change fueling strategies/needs/requirements. A few gallons to a full tank, 1/2 and 1/2, a few gallons to 1/2 a tank, which is it? I think this needs to be pretty specific because the tune I'm sure was calibrated specifically around a specific ratio. The more the merrier approach seems half assed IMO.
Sponsored