Sponsored

Corsa Sport Volume

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
I recently upgraded from 2015 Ecoboost to 2017 GT, the car sounds awesome inside but it's quite mild from the outside. I was thinking about the Corsa Sport since I only heard praise about the build quality, zero drone, great tone, etc.

However, I'm kinda scared it will be too loud. I had an MBRP Race on my Ecoboost and it was annoying after a year + it also used to drone in some RPMs. Race is the loudest exhaust MBRP produce.

How would you compare the volume of Corsa Sport (GT) to a MBRP Race (EB)? I thought Race is something like Corsa Extreme and Corsa Sport is on the level of MBRP Street - but I'm not sure anymore since there are some ppl complaining about the volume of Sport catback.

Thanks!
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I recently upgraded from 2015 Ecoboost to 2017 GT, the car sounds awesome inside but it's quite mild from the outside. I was thinking about the Corsa Sport since I only heard praise about the build quality, zero drone, great tone, etc.

However, I'm kinda scared it will be too loud. I had an MBRP Race on my Ecoboost and it was annoying after a year + it also used to drone in some RPMs. Race is the loudest exhaust MBRP produce.

How would you compare the volume of Corsa Sport (GT) to a MBRP Race (EB)? I thought Race is something like Corsa Extreme and Corsa Sport is on the level of MBRP Street - but I'm not sure anymore since there are some ppl complaining about the volume of Sport catback.

Thanks!
The Sport really isn't too loud at all. Sure, it'll turn heads when you get on it hard, but otherwise the throttle is your volume knob. When you want it to be subdued it's easy, and silent at cruise. It never reaches obnoxious volume, but at WOT it's not mild either. Perfect sound level for a DD, IMO. I've never heard the MBRP race on an EB that I'm aware of, but the louder EB cars I have heard just sounded annoying (the headifold and turbo selection really sounds bad). The Corsa Sport will be sweet music. Get in touch with [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] for a great deal on one. You won't be disappointed.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
X2 for beefcake. Great deal on a great catback. I originally ordered the extreme on a Saturday then emailed him Sunday and changed to the sport....glad I did. I love it

NJ3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
X3 for beefcake and Corsa Sport. Corsa Sport CB doesn't drone and is almost silent inside when cruising, really comes to life at full throttle.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Corsa Sport is a great sounding system and drone free, which is always nice! As for the MBRP Race, it is a great sounding system too, way cheaper, but will have drone at cruising. Let me know if I can help out with pricing at all!

Sponsored

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
I've had the Corsa Sport catback for probably 20k miles - you will definitely not think it's too loud. You can't really hear it with the radio on and normal driving at all (especially if you remove the sound tube). The factory exhaust had some slight helecopter like drone going uphill on the highway (at least with my 3.73 gears), the Corsa does not. But when you get on it above 2.5-3k rpms it gets pretty loud. Low down it's definitely louder and deeper than stock when you quickly tap the accelerator, but only when you are bringing it out on purpose.

Cold start is loud but only for a couple minutes.

This is all inside the car. Outside of the car it is louder than stock in every regard obviously, but not enough to annoy anyone.

My extremely sensitive landlord was doing some work nearby when I installed it and told me the first time I started it he was slightly conserved, but it quieted down in about two minutes and he complimented how it sounded.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the Corsa Sport catback for probably 20k miles - you will definitely not think it's too loud. You can't really hear it with the radio on and normal driving at all (especially if you remove the sound tube). The factory exhaust had some slight helecopter like drone going uphill on the highway (at least with my 3.73 gears), the Corsa does not. But when you get on it above 2.5-3k rpms it gets pretty loud. Low down it's definitely louder and deeper than stock when you quickly tap the accelerator, but only when you are bringing it out on purpose.

Cold start is loud but only for a couple minutes.

This is all inside the car. Outside of the car it is louder than stock in every regard obviously, but not enough to annoy anyone.

My extremely sensitive landlord was doing some work nearby when I installed it and told me the first time I started it he was slightly conserved, but it quieted down in about two minutes and he complimented how it sounded.
Took the words out of my mouth.:cheers:

16gtpp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I honestly can't imagine anyone thinking the Corsa Sport CB is too loud. I think it's about perfect but quite tame unless you open it up. Sounds fantastic, i'd highly recommend and +! for beefcake

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I thought the Sport was too quiet and got the Xtremes. The Xtremes were too raspy and i currently have the AWE touring and im finally happy.

OP
OP
R3v

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
The only thing I'm scared of is driving comfort. MBRP Race on Ecoboost was really annoying and I actually used to have headache from the drone / volume / deep tone / whatever it was. The exhaust was unpleasant during cruising speeds, I had to actually put the car into 5 when cruising on a highway to increase the RPMs or increase the volume on radio - it was that annoying.

I usually drive up to 2,5-3k RPM in the city and do a lot of cruising. I don't mind volume when doing some spirited driving but this is my daily driver and I don't want another exhaust that will bring me a headache or start alarms in my garage.

So that's why I'm asking.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I'm scared of is driving comfort. MBRP Race on Ecoboost was really annoying and I actually used to have headache from the drone / volume / deep tone / whatever it was. The exhaust was unpleasant during cruising speeds, I had to actually put the car into 5 when cruising on a highway to increase the RPMs or increase the volume on radio - it was that annoying.

I usually drive up to 2,5-3k RPM in the city and do a lot of cruising. I don't mind volume when doing some spirited driving but this is my daily driver and I don't want another exhaust that will bring me a headache or start alarms in my garage.

So that's why I'm asking.
Zero drone with corsa. None. Zilch.

Reactions: R3v

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
Zero drone with corsa. None. Zilch.
Yup, that's one of their big selling points. Every exhaust system they sell has all of the drone tuned out of it.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I went with the Corsa too. In the winter on cold starts it's F*N loud. So much that I parked my car aimed away from my neighbors and at the street. I'm sure I was pissing them off a little at least. But it only lasts a few seconds maybe 5-10 max. Volume wise now.. it's semi loud . Really loud only if you're outside and behind the car . But whisper silent when you want it to be. I pick up my kids and take them in it every day. Zero drone inside and at cruising at any speed and only louder when I want it to be. I find myself shifting at 5k light throttle every day because it does sound pretty good under some load.

I made a short video when I got home today from work. iPhone quality sound.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Corsa is the way to go, Sports or Extremes they both sound epic with zero drone. If you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask, we'd love to earn your business:)

OP
OP
R3v

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
So do I hear the exhaust inside the car when cruising? That's my biggest objection, I really want quiet and comfortable ride on road trips. I've read somewhere it sounds kinda similar to GT350 exhaust?
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] / [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] do you guys ship to Europe? I did a quote on CJPP website and the shipping was another 1000 USD which is ridiculous.
Sponsored