Sponsored

Baseline Dyno 2016 Mustang GT PP (340 miles)

OP
OP

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well we only had time to install the Gibson Cat Back exhaust and put it on the dyno...

So basically we just took it off the life and right onto the dyno no driving around or anything before the test...

Here are the results not bad however nothing like Gibson claims which we all knew was BS. LMR claims 16 rwhp gain but that didn't happen either...

Maybe after the ecu figures things out and makes some adjustments it would see a little more but who knows. It does sound and look good :)

Not sure when I will have access to my friends shop with the Holidays going on but will keep this thread posted for those interested when I have more info on the other mods.

I did go ahead and order a Lund Racing Tune but I will hold off on installing that until I test all the parts without a tune.
Sponsored

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
Well we only had time to install the Gibson Cat Back exhaust and put it on the dyno...

So basically we just took it off the life and right onto the dyno no driving around or anything before the test...

Here are the results not bad however nothing like Gibson claims which we all knew was BS. LMR claims 16 rwhp gain but that didn't happen either...

Maybe after the ecu figures things out and makes some adjustments it would see a little more but who knows. It does sound and look good :)

Not sure when I will have access to my friends shop with the Holidays going on but will keep this thread posted for those interested when I have more info on the other mods.

I did go ahead and order a Lund Racing Tune but I will hold off on installing that until I test all the parts without a tune.
This is some great work, and thanks for taking one for the team. Interesting how you gained 7 HP, but lost 6 ft. lbs. Torque.
I know the urge to get new parts installed is huge, so holding off to get some good data piece by piece is a great benefit to all of us.
Thank you sir!!:hail:

OP
OP

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This is some great work, and thanks for taking one for the team. Interesting how you gained 7 HP, but lost 6 ft. lbs. Torque.
I know the urge to get new parts installed is huge, so holding off to get some good data piece by piece is a great benefit to all of us.
Thank you sir!!:hail:
Yeah it lost some peak torque but if you look at the curve it is higher most of the time throughout the curve especially over 5k rpm... same goes for hp... I was just happy not to lose power overall lol...

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver

I'm sure if you averaged out the gains across the band from the cat back you'd probably see an average gain of around 15 rwhp or more , max hp went up about average for a cat back with these cars which are choked to hell from the factory with the resonator which crimps the pipe to 2 inch inside. Check out this article ... stock cat back vs magnaflow catback average gain of upwards 30rwhp mostly midrange and I think max was 10 rwhp. https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/magnaflow-exhaust-for-the-2015-mustang-gt.881264/

Sponsored

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Are these numbers STD or SAE?

Regardless of what the numbers are, you want to make sure that future dynos are done in same format and in similar conditions.

The % change from one dyno session to the next dyno session (after mods) is what I'd be most interested in as far as numbers are concerned. Some dynos read extremely high while others read extremely low.

Solid numbers none the less My last car, an e46 M3 needed CSL airbox/manifold, stepped headers, race exhaust (catless), race cams, valves springs and race tune to hit 360 whp. This would cost you in excess of $15k in parts and would still be short of a stock coyote. =)

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Did you guys realize this is a 1 1/2 year old thread?