Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I have found methods to keep my car clean most of the time. I try to wash it with one method or the other every weekend. Since my last clay a few months ago, the body has that smooth feel to the touch.

I wasn't able to wash it for the last two weeks. But I washed it yesterday with foam gun, and bucket rinse.

Now the body does not feel as smooth as before. Should I simply wash it again, or should I do a clay bar treatment?

I want to avoid clay bar if possible.
Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
A car show is the last place I would look for detailing advice. Every time I see someone wiping their car down with a dirty old microfiber and a bottle of detail spray I die a little inside.

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
Give it another wash and try Meguires Ultimate Fast Finish. I find it gives a good lasting smooth protection layer.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I find washing is not substitution for claying.

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
The wash will not replace a clay bar or paint correction. Those two are the only ways to remove contaminants. Just do regular washes for now until your ready to clay again

Sponsored

DrChemE Hog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
The wash will not replace a clay bar or paint correction. Those two are the only ways to remove contaminants. Just do regular washes for now until your ready to clay again
Completely agree! Washing alone won't remove contamination that is embedded in the paint.

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Now the body does not feel as smooth as before. Should I simply wash it again, or should I do a clay bar treatment?
I'd say stop touching your paint so much so you're not obsessing whether it's smooth or not.
Sponsored