Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
like the alcantara hate the brown. mind you I probably still have bad memories from SD1's and Princesses from back in the day :(
It had to be brown to go with my saddle:)... greys and blacks just wouldn't have given me what I wanted.... which was to break up the sea of black:thumbsup:

I had a calf shit brown Morris Marina with a brown vinyl interior.... . What a car:lol::lol:
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I had a calf shit brown Morris Marina with a brown vinyl interior.... . What a car:lol::lol:
oh the bad memories :) I had an old ford cortina something not too far from this interior.

Interior-Of-Ford-Cortina-1969.jpg

I had to go with the all black interior couldn't bring myself to go with saddle and keeping ceramic clean will be impossible had white interiors before they are just terrible :(

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] Nice work! Anything else planned to be done with the alcantara? Or got much left for that matter?!

When you took the rear plastic panels off, was there anyway to remove the random blocks to the left and right of each back seat? Or are they definitely part of the mould that's been used in the plastic, as kind of want to do mine in leather.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Saddle was my original order but like the custom pack and ott stripes it was changed. Don't regret going ebony for a second but having seen the saddle interior on the car that toured dealerships at the end of last year I would have loved that too. Think Guard is probably the best paint for it though (as you can't get it on Orange :eek:).
You've certainly created a one-off car there Andy. Hope to get to see it in the metal one day.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
How did you attach it to the parcel shelf? And the other bits for that matter. I can't be arsed to go searching for the answer that's no doubt contained within. :D
Impact adhesive worked for me... I know for a fact that the arm rest, gear shifter and hand brake all use impact adhesive to stick to the frame (And stitching to 'torte' them. Parcel shelf I'd assume would be stretch around and stick on the reverse side. But we'll only know if we see it from the 'back end' lol ;)!

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] Nice work! Anything else planned to be done with the alcantara? Or got much left for that matter?!

When you took the rear plastic panels off, was there anyway to remove the random blocks to the left and right of each back seat? Or are they definitely part of the mould that's been used in the plastic, as kind of want to do mine in leather.
No mate....they're all part of the moldedplastic side panel...

I've got a little bit left... enough to do a few gear, handbrake gators, and centre cubby lids..

Just got my mate to make up a bit of Alcantara piping to finish off a few small areas.... the bugger charged me ÂŁ40 quid to do the piping, knee bolsters, and the rear parcel shelf....bloody rip off:lol::frusty:

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
How did you attach it to the parcel shelf? And the other bits for that matter. I can't be arsed to go searching for the answer that's no doubt contained within. :D
It was mostly stapled with a pneumatic stapler.. but the area in the middle where the dip is was glued using evostik... the front edge was also glued and stapled to keep the shape where it dips in...

There are a couple of small creases where it was difficult to manipulate the material.... but to my eye it looks fine..:thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
No mate....they're all part of the moldedplastic side panel...

I've got a little bit left... enough to do a few gear, handbrake gators, and centre cubby lids..

Just got my mate to make up a bit of Alcantara piping to finish off a few small areas.... the bugger charged me ÂŁ40 quid to do the piping, knee bolsters, and the rear parcel shelf....bloody rip off:lol::frusty:
Yeah, what a rip off, go to any upholster and it'd only be a fiver (and a load more zeros...!) :lol:

I've got enough to re wrap my seats lol :lol::lol:! Need to get yourself your own 'Brown Alcantara Upholstery side business' ;)!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
OP