Sponsored

Stock GT Exhaust on V6 Mustang

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Your exhaust is undoubtedly one of the best sounding exhausts on a V6 mustang and I'd love to hear it on a stock catted system. :hail:

You're into heavy customization and will be paying attention to the maintenance required for your non-stainless system, if you haven't already changed it by the time it starts rusting apart. However, I think most people reading this thread are looking for an easy "set it and forget it" upgrade to their otherwise stock V6.

Yeah i can see that. Stock gt would fill that void. Probably sound great with shorty headers

Heres my current setup, but with cats. All else the same. Sounds really good but kinda quiet for my tastes :p

Sponsored

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
For the ones that are using GT exhaust with a x pipe how much louder is the car after you removed the resonator

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
It is a bit louder, especially when you go flat out. Cold start sounds really nice. It is pretty quiet compared to aftermarket though.

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Ok ..I have gt cat back with shorty headers and i pick up a x pipe so I wanted to make sure before I cut my exhaust

hasimp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 - Oxford White w/ Blue Stripes
Ok ..I have gt cat back with shorty headers and i pick up a x pipe so I wanted to make sure before I cut my exhaust
Please post a video when you get it all sorted out. This is the setup I would like to try as well. I currently have the GT cutback but haven't done anything else to it as I haven't heard that setup before. Also let me know how drone is, if there is any at all.

Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
For the ones that are using GT exhaust with a x pipe how much louder is the car after you removed the resonator
Its louder and will take some getting use to but never have I ever wished it was more quiet. Its not bad at all IMO.

SquillyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
Has anyone tried this with LTs? I love my flowmasters just hate the drone on the highway and I’m about to start driving more highway here soon. Rather look into this than spend more money on another exhaust or just get over the drone :shrug:

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Has anyone tried this with LTs? I love my flowmasters just hate the drone on the highway and I’m about to start driving more highway here soon. Rather look into this than spend more money on another exhaust or just get over the drone :shrug:
Longtubes and stock GT exhaust are a great combination (I'd recommend keeping in the stock resonator) if you do not want to attract the attention of the fuzz. Drone is also kept at a minimum.

Sponsored

SquillyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
Longtubes and stock GT exhaust are a great combination (I'd recommend keeping in the stock resonator) if you do not want to attract the attention of the fuzz. Drone is also kept at a minimum.
Think I’ll look into this then. I do plan on keeping the stock resonator if I pull the plug. Just wish I knew how this combo sounded

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Has anyone managed to fit the complete GT exhaust in the back of their Mustang (obviously with probably quite a bit hanging out the trunk)?

I just bought one for $80.. Need a shop to install it and there's one a mile or two down the road. Just not sure if I'll end up having to rent a truck for that distance or not.

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
A lot of us done it. All of the hangers are the same as stock . Just hook up it and go

That is the way I got my exhaust home just do the installation your Self

Last edited:

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Has anyone managed to fit the complete GT exhaust in the back of their Mustang (obviously with probably quite a bit hanging out the trunk)?

I just bought one for $80.. Need a shop to install it and there's one a mile or two down the road. Just not sure if I'll end up having to rent a truck for that distance or not.
That thing is way too big to transport on your mustang... I had to rent a truck for it...or just borrow someone elses truck

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
A lot of us done it. All of the hangers are the same as stock . Just hook up it and go

That is the way I got my exhaust home just do the installation your Self
I don't have access to a lift or any space to do it. A shop is my only option.

There's another auto place even closer that may be able to do it.. it is about 3 blocks from the guy I bought it from (Exhaust is still at his house)... I don't need to move it far I lifted the thing and it's really quite heavy, maybe I can find a trolly or something and wheel it down there.
Sponsored