Sponsored

60' With This Setup?

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey guys, currently I have the Nt555R 305/35/20. I haven't been to the track yet but I'm curious what sort of 60' I could expect, I am on stock PP suspension with eibach sportline pros and a manual (2.66 first gear). Let's assume I am a decent driver (I'm not..) and the track prep is decent.

Also, I want to buy a dedicated drag wheels and tires for the rear. I'm thinking 17x10.5 dark stars with MT street SS 305/45/17. What 60' would be good for this setup?

I know a bias ply is better for manuals but they seem like more work, is running a drag radial with a manual really that much worse?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, currently I have the Nt555R 305/35/20. I haven't been to the track yet but I'm curious what sort of 60' I could expect, I am on stock PP suspension with eibach sportline pros and a manual (2.66 first gear). Let's assume I am a decent driver (I'm not..) and the track prep is decent.

Also, I want to buy a dedicated drag wheels and tires for the rear. I'm thinking 17x10.5 dark stars with MT street SS 305/45/17. What 60' would be good for this setup?

I know a bias ply is better for manuals but they seem like more work, is running a drag radial with a manual really that much worse?
Just a guess hear but probably a 1.5-1.6 on drag radials and 1.35-1.45 on bias slicks. You and your car would be happier with a bias ply. M/T came out with the dot slick if being able to drive the car to the track is a issue. I'm not sure how much power your car has but bias slick will make it a lot easier to put in down since there is zero wheel hop with a bias slick. Track prep effect radials a lot more to so a bias slick will be more consistent. I remember banging 2nd and 3rd in my 99 SS on drag radials at the track and it felt like my transmission was gonna come up through the floor. Good luck!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
OP I'm going with a high 1.6-1.7s.

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just a guess hear but probably a 1.5-1.6 on drag radials and 1.35-1.45 on bias slicks. You and your car would be happier with a bias ply. M/T came out with the dot slick if being able to drive the car to the track is a issue. I'm not sure how much power your car has but bias slick will make it a lot easier to put in down since there is zero wheel hop with a bias slick. Track prep effect radials a lot more to so a bias slick will be more consistent. I remember banging 2nd and 3rd in my 99 SS on drag radials at the track and it felt like my transmission was gonna come up through the floor. Good luck!
Yeah, I have to be able to drive it to the track which is 25-30 miles each way, so DOT approved is critical for me.

How long is the bias going to last me if I have to drive that far to the track though? My drivetrain is pretty beefy so hopefully I won't have to worry about breaking too many parts.

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I have to be able to drive it to the track which is 25-30 miles each way, so DOT approved is critical for me.

How long is the bias going to last me if I have to drive that far to the track though? My drivetrain is pretty beefy so hopefully I won't have to worry about breaking too many parts.
I have about 2k miles on my bias ply et street r tires. About 15, quarter miles runs. They are 50% gone.

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Would I need bias ply fronts too? I was hoping I could get away with just swapping rear wheels when I wanted to track it.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I run radial skinnies up front with 45lbs in them. Rear at 13lbs during race mode. 25lbs just driving around. Not too bad.

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I run radial skinnies up front with 45lbs in them. Rear at 13lbs during race mode. 25lbs just driving around. Not too bad.
Do you daily it like this? This is my daily driver so I can't run that setup all the time. I would prefer to just have to swap the rears. For whatever reason I am stuck on wanting to run a drag radial over a bias ply.

If I can cut a 1.6-1.7 60 on a 305/45/17 MT street ss I would be very happy with that. My drivetrain is very stout so I don't think I would break parts.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
ProbBly a 1.8-1.9 tbh.
Edit did not see mods 1.6-1.7 on radials

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Is that with the 20" 555R and the 17" MT street SS? Surely the 17" will perform much better right?
Yes with that combination of wheel size. The 555Rs aren't a great drag radial. I would have went with the NTO5Rs. But with a manual. The drag radial will fight you a little more than a slick.

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yes with that combination of wheel size. The 555Rs aren't a great drag radial. I would have went with the NTO5Rs. But with a manual. The drag radial will fight you a little more than a slick.
I know the 555R is a compromise tire and that's why it will be my daily driven tire but I am also curious what 60' I could achieve with a 305/45/17 MT street ss. I am going to get a second set of wheels for the rears when I want to track it and im curious how much I can improve my 60' with the 17" MT setup.

I know a bias or slick would be better but driving to and from the track is a concern, especially if I keep my normal 275 wide radial up front.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
With a perfect launch on a very well prepped track. You might get high 1.4-1.6s out of the M/T at your power level. Most likely with the manual, you'll still be in the 1.6-1.7 range. Good luck.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
If your only looking for a 1.6-1.7 60ft than you should be good with the MT drag radial your asking about. You could always get some bmr/steeda parts to help the IRS put it down.

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If your only looking for a 1.6-1.7 60ft than you should be good with the MT drag radial your asking about. You could always get some bmr/steeda parts to help the IRS put it down.
I am looking at the following suspension parts, just not sure when I will purchase them.

BMR CB005 - cradle lockout
BMR BK055 - lower control arm
BMR TCA045 - vertical links

I think I would be happy with 1.6-1.7 60' though. For every tenth I shave off the 60' my ET should improve by 2 tenths or so?
Sponsored