Sponsored

Low trap speed for current setup? Bad tune?

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
I love how people bash your driving right out of the gate. Yes driving improvements will help but you can only get that with seat time at the track.

Here is a run down of my first 3 passes. 60ft was terrible on all three...mostly due to my driving. However as my 60ft improved on each pass my MPH went down. I think your tune is fine you just need some tires and seat time.

13.10@ 110.78
13.06@ 110.00
12.75@ 108.01
Sponsored

OP
OP
RubyRed PP

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP Ruby Red
Got great news for you bud , you won't pay twice , once you pay for a tune especially a flex fuel which is technically a e 85 tune, you pay once, all bolt on revisions are free , manifold just ask for a revision, throttle body ask for revision, trust me you won't go wrong there. Can't stress the tune and tires are the most important for the best quarter mile times , factory p zeros are arguably garbage, p ZERO tractions they should be renamed, I switched to Michelin pilot super sports and that's a huge difference night and day. Get the tune , get some bias ply slicks or Mickey Thompson et street r since bias ply are soft on stock drivetrain components and report back to us!
Awesome! Then it sounds like a no brainer.

OP
OP
RubyRed PP

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love how people bash your driving right out of the gate. Yes driving improvements will help but you can only get that with seat time at the track.

Here is a run down of my first 3 passes. 60ft was terrible on all three...mostly due to my driving. However as my 60ft improved on each pass my MPH went down. I think your tune is fine you just need some tires and seat time.

13.10@ 110.78
13.06@ 110.00
12.75@ 108.01
But what mods do you have? My times look exactly like yours but I have Long tubes, exhaust, cai, and 93 tune.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah crappy stock tires but that doesn't add up to low trap speeds.

It's was about 83 degrees
90% humidity
700ft altitude
A couple things working against you. DA would have been around 2800ft. Not good at all. Bama Race tune...a tune where throttle sensitivity is turned up to simulate more power/less pedal movement. Strictly a placebo effect. Get a Lund FF tune and don't look back.

By chance was this at KilKare? Trying to think what track is open on Thursdays in Ohio.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubyRed PP

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple things working against you. DA would have been around 2800ft. Not good at all. Bama Race tune...a tune where throttle sensitivity is turned up to simulate more power/less pedal movement. Strictly a placebo effect. Get a Lund FF tune and don't look back.

By chance was this at KilKare? Trying to think what track is open on Thursdays in Ohio.
Yes Kilkare

OP
OP
RubyRed PP

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Do you have to upgrade to 47lb injectors if you run e85 on stock manifold?

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
BAMA= Biggest Acceleration Mimicking Amateurs , changes to fuel as nessasary to make sure it (SIR) starts, idles, runs . Pedal sensativity to make it feel faster. VMP took over American muscle as main tuners for a reason lol

Sponsored

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP

13.10@ 110.78
13.06@ 110.00
12.75@ 108.01

As my 60ft gets better, my mph goes up.... I contribute it to getting the power to the ground....

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
For ref...

Two weeks ago my GT ran [email protected] in 94* temps w/ 80% humidity. Track alt was 714ft. DA was around over 3000.

Steeda intake Corsa Xtreme CB and Lund 93 oct tune 170* T-Stat On Falcon 285/35/20's on Verde Axis wheels. 1.98 60ft.

The launch and 60ft is critical.

My honest two cents... Your trap is low. Esp with LTH. Regardless of the weather.

Lund or Palm Beach dyno tune that thing man.

OP
OP
RubyRed PP

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For ref...

Two weeks ago my GT ran [email protected] in 94* temps w/ 80% humidity. Track alt was 714ft. DA was around over 3000.

Steeda intake Corsa Xtreme CB and Lund 93 oct tune 170* T-Stat On Falcon 285/35/20's on Verde Axis wheels. 1.98 60ft.

The launch and 60ft is critical.

My honest two cents... Your trap is low. Esp with LTH. Regardless of the weather.

Lund or Palm Beach dyno tune that thing man.

Finally, someone who agrees that my trap is low regardless of weather. Your DA was higher than mine and you are doing 3 mph more in the 1/8th than me. Plus, you don't have LTHs.

OP
OP
RubyRed PP

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BAMA= Biggest Acceleration Mimicking Amateurs , changes to fuel as nessasary to make sure it (SIR) starts, idles, runs . Pedal sensativity to make it feel faster. VMP took over American muscle as main tuners for a reason lol
Got it! Will most likely switch to Lund.

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Finally, someone who agrees that my trap is low regardless of weather. Your DA was higher than mine and you are doing 3 mph more in the 1/8th than me. Plus, you don't have LTHs.
Bama tunes are complete junk man, revolution automotive a great tuning business in Maryland they don't do email tunes but they got their 2015 GT with JLT cold air intake only with 93 octane and an aggressive tune. Slicks , skinnies , 11.86 117.86 , when you get the tune down with Lund and if you get involved with E85, you'll be seeing high teens with your setup man
Sponsored